Wish Fulfillment Dreams

SilentBreeze

Fudugazi said:
She called her thread "wish fulfillment dreams", so wishing is implicit - the dreams are about fulfilling a wish she has (in waking life) but which she knows (also in waking life) is not good for her.

Silentbreeze, I like Millie's view of it as your unconscious trying to make something happen that you know isn't good for you - it is trying to override your conscious intent and your sensible "be careful what you wish for" attitude you have in waking life. It is good you are actually having the dreams, because it's alerting you to a hidden part of you that is trying to overcome the reasoned, conscious part of you. In that way, it's showing its hand. I wouldn't try and make those dreams stop until you've fully uncovered what it is that this hidden part of you wants and how it is "fulfilling" that dream. Then you could try and do some meditation or lucid dream-work to confront that part of you and explain to it just why that wish is not good for you, for the whole of you, and get it to work on a healthier intent.

That's an interesting idea. I never tried to figure out why a hidden part of me would want it. It does make sense that I would want it, but I'm one of those people that know better. But I think I shall try to figure out why I want it.