AT Traveling Member Deck ~ Journal II

Chronata

I was really hoping to have more time to play with these babies, but the weekend turned out to be super busy (as per usual!)

I did get to have a few quiet moments to just hold the deck, feel the incredible energy that radiates from it (even the spouse could feel something in the deck!) and look through the cards...

What a delight the Noblet is!
Love the card stock, and the sharp corners (I know...I'm weird that way)
Love le pendu, and the Bateleur with his little penis shaped object in hand....

I did a couple of simple readings for myself on Sunday.
Nothing spectacular...but the Devil did come up twice. Very interesting.

I was going to sign the back of the 2 of coins...but was called to throw my autograph on a different card.

It's now in the mail, and on it's way to raeanne!

Thanks for the opportunity to play with this unique treasure...
I am going to have to get a Noblet now! I think I may even like it better than my Hadar or my Fournier!

raeanne

Hi all,
The deck was in my mailbox when I got home yesterday. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet. I'll post more after I have looked it over.

raeanne

Hi all,
The deck is on its way to Pook. I had to have an emergency outpatient procedure over the weekend so I didn't have much time to spend with the deck. I looked it over, did a couple of readings and that's about it. The cardstock is VERY stiff and I found the cards very difficult to shuffle.

raeanne

Hi all,
The United States Postal Service web site shows that the package has been delivered to Pook:

Your item was delivered at 11:45 AM on September 24, 2008 in HAZEL PARK, MI 48030.

Did you get it?

Pook

Hello everyone,
I recieved the deck a little over a week ago in the middle of one of the busiest weeks Ive had in quite a long time.

The first day it arrived, I snatched it out of the mailbox on my way out the door and unwrapped it in the car.
I did get to shuffle around with them and glanced at everyones signatures.
Later that night during a slow moment I shuffled them for awhile and seperated them into piles of cards that have signatures and cards that dont, and did mini 3-card readings with each pile.

The first draw was with the cards with signatures already, and I asked what the AT members who have already handled and played with and read with this deck would want to tell me about it. It came out Hermit, 3 of Pentacles, and 6 of Pentacles.
That I figured meant simply that this deck requires a lot of reflection, hard work and dedication and maybe some quality time with them doing real readings and sharing their wisdom to really understand them.

The second mini-reading was with the cards without signatures (which there are more of for the time being) and I asked what the cards would tell me that hasnt been discovered about them yet. That one was Queen of swords, 4 of cups, Queen of wands.
So I can only guess that this means that the cards are overflowing with wisdom and knowledge, pent up inside just waiting for the right person to untap thier potential, and that once in tune with them, they can flow for you, hot and pasionate. I unfortunately, did not get much of an opportunity to untap anything with them :(

I have more to say, but I will need to come back in a little while to say it.

For now, Bright Blessings,
~Pook

Pook

So now I have a few more minutes to sit and think, and heres what I have thought of...

I never signed a card in the travelling deck!!

I cant believe that of all things to forget, that I ended up forgetting to sign a card before sending it out to the next in line! I dont know what could be done, but it seems it is much too late now. I must admit, I am a little embarrassed. But then, it was a crazy week.

I already said that I snatched the deck out of my mailbox on my way out the door, but I didnt mention that it was on my way out of town. So the deck accompianed me on a road trip to visit my sisters new house for a couple of days, and as a matter of course, also went with me to the Michigan Renaissance Festival as a purse companion on the way home.

What I can say about the deck is that I love the feel of the cards. Love the size, love the cardstock, I even appreciate the unique-among-tarot-decks pointed corners. It makes them shuffle so fluidly. The colors are subtle, but they have real definition and meaning (to me at least.) And I cant say enough good things about the bag! It is fabulous!

While I didnt spend a lot of time with the deck, I did do a mini reading for my sister that was pretty accurate. It addressed the state of upheaval that she is currently in, having just purchased and moved houses, and a bit of her relationship issues, and then we put them away and unpacked some more boxes.

I never got a chance to touch them again but for one momentary thought of using them that was dashed about 30 seconds into shuffling.

I laid a new outdoor patio, did a small amount of other landscaping, and painted and partially re-finished my bathroom all while the deck was in my keep. There were 2 nights that the deck lived with me that I did not sleep at all. Hopefully it gets some less hectic and more dedicated use while it is staying with the next hostess, Russiansoul, in Chicago.

And hopefully she remembers to sign a card....:(

RussianSoul

I got the deck yesterday, Saturday, and already have done one reading with it last night. Thank you, Pook!

The deck has an interesting feel to it, I can't quite describe it. The best I can do is this - it feels loaded, filled with something. I wonder if I am feeling the energies of all of you who have touched it and read with it before me. I have an identical deck which is my most go-to deck, it feels much lighter in comparison.

I will keep the deck for a few days, and off it will go to the next person. I'll try to remember to sign a card :)

calligirl

It's 1 a.m. in the wee hours of Sunday morning as we drag ourselves back from a long trip to marching band competition that took a bigger toll on the parents than the kids. I almost decide to leave the mail in the box until sunrise but I force myself to take care of details, knowing once I stop moving, I won't be up again for quite some time.

Oh, what is that, filling up the inside of the box? Oh, joy! The deck is here!

Kinda like Christmas morning...I bet I sleep with a smile on my face.

Calligirl

calligirl

It's gone

My time has come and gone. I wish I had had more time to play but alas, my turn was up too soon.

I did manage to study the cards and get a feel for the deck. I found it very interesting that I was able to discern what the cards meant without knowing what the words were.

However, I couldn't really read with the deck. There was no personal connection that I could feel. It was like being around a celebrity, wishing you could bond but knowing you never would be friends for life.

I pass it on with good wishes for the rest of the journey.

firecatpickles

I received the deck today with two other packages---a pink Oxford shirt and an amazon book on, what else, tarot. The deck had good company. And it wasn't raining.

Although I am doing my IDS with the Hadar, I took time out to look at the signatures (giggling at some of them, like gregory signing the XIII card). I also put the cards in order for MeeWah while letting the ink dry on the IIII d'espees :D

I had gone ahead a few months back and bought a Noblet. It is amazing how slightly different the coloring is on this deck, though. Not much; just shades, or textures, differing slightly----kinda hard to put into words. Maybe it's the deck's personal aura.

It was a pleasure taking part in this project, and it was exciting finally to be able to hold this dogeared copy of the Noblet in my grubby little hands, after having gone nearly all the way around the world.

It is well-loved and I am sure it will eventually go to a well-deserving home via the lottery (are we still doing that?) after it has completed it journey.