AT Traveling Member Deck ~ Journal II

frelkins

my first reading with the traveling noblet

Camoin style but with minors on crumpled beige silk:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tlHmo5JuBPU/Sal3ki2GROI/AAAAAAAAALI/mM5NE5l-lRE/s800/IMG_0085.JPG

This regards the question of a mutual friend's relationship & divorce, which has stalled. Note the bottom row threw reversed.

His card is indeed the Page Sword, and as the spread suggests he is in fact married (Pape) to very intellectual lady (Queen Sword). Justice reversed suggests to me that he will not in fact finalize the divorce until he overcomes his hesitation and recovers his drive (King Baton) to go in a different direction (King Baton looks away from Q Sword). 4 Coin reversed suggests to me he will not recover his personal power until he settles his dual thoughts, his uncertainty (2 Sword).

Under the Camoin method, with all the cards clarified by the top row, we turn them right side up. This means his card, P Sword, looks at. . .Tower. He will probably finalize the divorce in time, but a big change has to move him from his current hesitation.

Finally, we read the 4 Coins (righted) + Tower as the outcome - yes, he will likely find his internal center and go forward.

I welcome all comments! I will post a reading a day here for the 5 days I have the deck, before it goes to jackdaw! :)

jackdaw*

Finally!

After being in limbo for three weeks, I received a package in the mail. Got it home and tore it open to find the travelling deck and its bag.

Haven't the time at the moment to spend any time with it, will do so this evening and post my observations tomorrow.

jackdaw*

Morning, Saturday March 28

Wasn't feeling well yesterday, just managed to get to grocery store and post office. Picked up package for Mr P and signed for the travelling deck. But after putting the baby to bed and supper and laundry out of the way, I spent a little time with the deck.

First, LOVE the bag! I have one of Sulis' bags, but not a velvet one. Would love one of these ...

Second, the deck is in remarkable shape for its journey. The box has seen better days and the LWB is dog-eared, but the cards are great. I first looked through the deck at the signatures (note: next travelling deck, we need one with a simpler back! Signatures just DO NOT show properly, no matter how you write them). Shuffled and drew a card for myself. Luckily an unsigned one came up on the first cut: Page of Wands. So I signed that one. I used a bright red sharpie and it still is hard to pick out.

I used to have a Noblet. While I found it charming, it was just too quirky and, well, cold for my liking. I have been happy with my Hadar. So I spent a little time getting reacquainted with it.

In the course of my (very informal and unstructured) TdM study, I have been working through Enrique's exercises. So I tried the first exercise with this deck. Did a couple of runs with this. While I'm too bashful to post such stuff here, let's just say that it gives some food for thought.

I have a busy day ahead of me today, but hope to play a little more tonight.

jackdaw*

Sunday, March 29

Busy again today, but managed to squeeze in a shuffle and run-through of the deck. Curious about the second page of cups in this deck, with no borders or title. What is this one about? A title card? A flaw? Curious.

Went through Enrique's second exercise. Drew Le Ivgment (Judgement), Eight of Wands and Five of Coins. Came up with some tale of a hidden treasure room protected by a barred doorway and all kinds of b.s. Despite my efforts, I still find many of these exercises to be a stretch!

jackdaw*

Monday, March 30

Did a three card reading this afternoon using the travelling deck, on a worrying subject. Am still working out the interpretation, but overall impression is somewhat reassuring.

In general, have decided this deck is not my favourite of the Marseille. I have had it before (twice, in fact), but I still prefer my Hadar at the end of the day.

jackdaw*

Tuesday, March 31

Went through some more of Enrique's exercises today with the Noblet. Now bundling up the deck for the final leg of its journey. Tomorrow I will send it on to Alta :)

jackdaw*

Thursday, April 2

Have mailed the deck to Alta. I enjoyed my time with the deck, but it's now on to the last stop, yay!

Alta

Monday, April 6th

The Noblet arrived, in a semi-snow storm. Safe and sound.

Alta

Alta

I really enjoyed going through the cards and seeing the signatures and dates. I signed the 2 of batons with my silver Sharpie.

I have a copy of this deck and have used it quite a bit, but my goodness, this deck is so much softer from many shuffles by many hands.

Alta

Alta

I have used the deck for personal readings, just short pulls. I really enjoy the softness of the deck, though I doubt that my own Noblet will ever be this well shuffled.

I'll pack it up and send it off to whoever wins the raffle!!!

:heart:
Alta