Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

Tiggy-cat

Interesting. I would take Strength, pertaining to a relationship, to mean something like to an inner conflict, or possibly a struggle of balance between 2 halves of a whole — like a couple. (Logic vs. emotion, forgiveness vs. anger, etc.) I would not necessarily take Strength to mean that a relationship is "strong", whatever that might mean.

But I must admit, there was one reading I did over a year ago now, regarding a potential new business relationship/employment (a freelance client I hoped to gain) where the card showing my relationship w/them in the near future was the Sun, and to this day I have not been able to get what that message was supposed to be. I followed up w/them a few days after our meeting and was told they were regrouping and expected to need some help in the near future, which sounded hopeful, but I think it was just a polite way of blowing me off as NOTHING ever developed with them. I think I even checked back w/them a few weeks later and didn't even get a response, so wtf was the Sun meant to mean?

Grizabella

Are we mislead by the cards, though, or are we misled by our own interpretation of them, how we choose to apply them to our lives?

I think that might be down to us, not the cards. Nobody is a gee-whizz-yew-beaut perfect interpreter all the time.

I'm with nisaba on this one. I think the cards come out just in the way they're meant to but we aren't infallible, no matter how long we've been using the cards.

I think there are some here who don't agree when I say this, but I still maintain it to be true----the cards are always right. We just don't always read them correctly. Maybe because we want something to be true so badly or maybe we're over-thinking instead of being able to be objective----whatever the case might be.

Another factor could be in the element of time. It's possible that ultimately, sometime in the future, you may become a couple even if you aren't now.

Those cards that you mention being repeats in your draws about this may mean something different than you think. Sometimes the 2 of Cups indicate a friendship, not a romantic relationship. Sometimes the 9 of Cups indicates maybe there's some problem drinking. Page of Cups can point to immaturity or the conception of a child.

Do you use reversals? If not, this may be a time when you'd need to consider the reversed meaning of the cards instead of the upright meaning.

To get a more objective reading about this, maybe joining the reading exchange is an option that might help you out. There are always tons of people using that sub-forum and it's very helpful.

Nikita_

Are we mislead by the cards, though, or are we misled by our own interpretation of them, how we choose to apply them to our lives?

I think that might be down to us, not the cards. Nobody is a gee-whizz-yew-beaut perfect interpreter all the time.

No, I believe sometimes the cards themselves do mislead us, for the reasons I said above. They read the other person's feelings and intentions, for example, and they show us a rosy picture which, for whatever reason, will not materialize

Nikita_

Interesting. I would take Strength, pertaining to a relationship, to mean something like to an inner conflict, or possibly a struggle of balance between 2 halves of a whole — like a couple. (Logic vs. emotion, forgiveness vs. anger, etc.) I would not necessarily take Strength to mean that a relationship is "strong", whatever that might mean.

But I must admit, there was one reading I did over a year ago now, regarding a potential new business relationship/employment (a freelance client I hoped to gain) where the card showing my relationship w/them in the near future was the Sun, and to this day I have not been able to get what that message was supposed to be. I followed up w/them a few days after our meeting and was told they were regrouping and expected to need some help in the near future, which sounded hopeful, but I think it was just a polite way of blowing me off as NOTHING ever developed with them. I think I even checked back w/them a few weeks later and didn't even get a response, so wtf was the Sun meant to mean?

The Sun is not such a good card as people believe, in my view..but I don't want to go off topic here

aurafields

I continue to get positive readings regarding a love interest, and yet nothing is happening between us! I have success in other readings on other topics for myself and others, but in regards to this situation, nothing is happening in spite of repeating cards signifying a future.
Clear cards, such as two of cups, page of cups regarding positive messages, 9 of cups, repeating.
I just wonder why nothing is happening, the last fight seemed so hopeless.

Hi, I noticed this post is a couple months ago, but I thought I'd weigh in since I have had this almost identical question with response form the cards. It is very hard to be objective in love readings for ourselves. When positive cards like the two of cups, page of cups, and nine of cups show up, it can throw you into an immediate acceptance that this is the result you want. However, as someone completely objective, I would not have automatically seen this as the promise of a desired outcome, but, rather a very emotional relationship where what you want may only be in the wished for category. More often than not, I find the two of cups can be easily modified by other cards around it and show the desire for a reciprocal relationship, but not the attainment of it. The nine of cups which I know can signify having your wish come true, usually points to the fact that the querent has a wish, and not that they will get it. The page of cups may be showing you as the dreamer who is infatuated with romantic ideas about this relationship. Sometimes more cards in a spread are very helpful with love readings. More cards can give more information. If there were other cards, really delve into them, and as always, keep a dream journal to keep up on how the situation is developing towards manifestation and to see what you can do to take care of your self in regards to this question. The page could be showing you getting new ideas and how you have been approaching things idealistically. It can place you in the peace maker position as the one who has to be kind and let the other person vent. The message is often a good one in reference to the question, but not always the one you want. There is another facet to consider here, the message the PofC's may be bringing to you is the possibility of another relationship where you can feel better about yourself, and with the nine of cups, it could be telling you to dress up and take better care of yourself, maybe get a new hair cut. All of the cards that modify these three are vital. Just some ideas for you to ponder when looking for extensive meanings. Good luck.

gregory

EXACTLY !

AriesVirgoAscending

Thank you all for the interesing points, the cards I mentioned as repeating are just naming a few, I've seen 10 of Cups also, depending on the question.
I didn't want to get into other cards I've seen, because the moderator might deem this a reading.

I am intrigued by the opinions expressed that te cards can mislead. I am more inclined to think that it is our interpretation mainly, needing to go deeper into meanings, and of course timing.

I recently did a job reading, everything was fine, I just was practicing and asked what I needed to know, my spread was full of competition, and conflict, and my PAGE of Pentacles
I was confused, I had no conflict or competition regarding my job.....I have now found out it is the job, the management and the owner. We all had our hours cut when the owner brought in two new managers to fix the place! I didn't know it was broken.
Anyway my hours are so reduced, I'm seeking new employment.

So I realize its in the nature of the question.

AriesVirgoAscending

Hi, I noticed this post is a couple months ago, but I thought I'd weigh in since I have had this almost identical question with response form the cards. It is very hard to be objective in love readings for ourselves. When positive cards like the two of cups, page of cups, and nine of cups show up, it can throw you into an immediate acceptance that this is the result you want. However, as someone completely objective, I would not have automatically seen this as the promise of a desired outcome, but, rather a very emotional relationship where what you want may only be in the wished for category. More often than not, I find the two of cups can be easily modified by other cards around it and show the desire for a reciprocal relationship, but not the attainment of it. The nine of cups which I know can signify having your wish come true, usually points to the fact that the querent has a wish, and not that they will get it. The page of cups may be showing you as the dreamer who is infatuated with romantic ideas about this relationship. Sometimes more cards in a spread are very helpful with love readings. More cards can give more information. If there were other cards, really delve into them, and as always, keep a dream journal to keep up on how the situation is developing towards manifestation and to see what you can do to take care of your self in regards to this question. The page could be showing you getting new ideas and how you have been approaching things idealistically. It can place you in the peace maker position as the one who has to be kind and let the other person vent. The message is often a good one in reference to the question, but not always the one you want. There is another facet to consider here, the message the PofC's may be bringing to you is the possibility of another relationship where you can feel better about yourself, and with the nine of cups, it could be telling you to dress up and take better care of yourself, maybe get a new hair cut. All of the cards that modify these three are vital. Just some ideas for you to ponder when looking for extensive meanings. Good luck.

There are other repeaters, I posted to the thread below. I don't want the moderator to get on and say it's a reading now and not a talk.

I get negative reading about him too, if we've fought it shows conflict and needed healing to take place
The Hermit when we're not talking
I read a lot, I'm also the first one to not believe positive relationship reads on this man because of how things are changing or non existent. I feel a connection, he is a soul mate which guarantees nothing but that we learn from each other.

With me it seems I doubt, I have no patience.

AriesVirgoAscending

What I'm concluding is I need to be patient, continue to meditate and go deeper into meanings.
I get insecure and want that feeling to go away.

AriesVirgoAscending

What I'm concluding is I need to be patient, continue to meditate and go deeper into meanings.
I get insecure and want that feeling to go away.
I'm genuinely more concerned with being accurate than outcome.