Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

AriesVirgoAscending

I have to agree with you about the sun. I noticed after keeping track of where, when and how it showed up in readings, what actually occurred, and it often just meant independent decisions a lot more than a great outcome.

I get the Sun and Star mixed up in my deck, the Star is a wish card, but in my deck the Sun has positive images, it looks like the lovers.

AriesVirgoAscending

I have had card combinations, and repeating cards beyond the few that I mentioned, some are big hitters for romance, like 10 of cups, occasionally lovers, but more often 2 of cups, I get wish card 9 of cups, I get 10 of Pentacles and 9 of Pentacles also

It depends on where we are, if we're talking, if we're fighting, flirting, friends whatever, the cards are positive for relationship

I'm concerned with timing, it hasn't happened yet, is it going to happen? Do the cards lie? Maybe I need to read planted reversals, even though my instinct is not to do it,

Look, the situation is painful, and I'm frustrated that we can't seem to get it together.
We have tried being just friends also.
So I get that we could be only friends. That's fine, I just wanted hm in my life peacefully because I'm drawn to him

And many of the cards are soul mate combos, so I realize we are going to learn, and it is often painful. I have success in other readings, this throws me off because nothing is happening

AriesVirgoAscending

Ah - THEN you will have to define what EXACTLY accuracy in reading means for you ! For me, it is advice that resonates. NOT hearing what I hoped to hear, for instance, or what I was already afraid of.
For me t is what resonates, I don't look for what I want to see, which I'm not sure you can twist a cards meaning, the meanings are meanings!

If anything I'm looking to prove I'm wrong in the situation, and it's not looking as if I'm wrong card wise, but nothing is happening. So I'm confused

AriesVirgoAscending

Could it be that these cards are actually meant to be read as negative? After all each card has a positive and negative. I seldom use reversals, but I have had cards that are all about love, romance and just "know" that it is the negative meaning I should be thinking about.
Does this make sense?

I don't force reversals, if they come out reversed fine, reversing them on purpose feels wrong to me. Plus blocked energy of the card, what does it mean! To me it feels like complicating a reading for no reason, like huge spreads, when 1-3 cards is usually plenty

Also don't understand clarifying advice from the cards, I get their meaning and relation to surrounding cards, I am not sure how to extract advice fromthe cards

AriesVirgoAscending

I got 6 of wands repeatedly before our last fight, I saw it as positive for us, of course he acted arrogant later!

This post should be put back in using tarot cards

I really think the conversation is about using the cards and what they mean, both posts seem redundant to me Anyway
But the conversation is developing organically and should be put back, it's about using the cards and being hurt about the outcomes not yet coming to pass yet or ever

If I could be given the wrong message somehow

I see the repeated cards as positive, some of te reversed meanings don't change.

AriesVirgoAscending

Should I start forcing reversals to try to get more info, if so, what does it mean the cards energy is blocked? Because I have a guide for reversed meanings too, and it is usually the opposite of the upright meaning or the same meaning?
So blocked how?

Nikita_

I have to agree with you about the sun. I noticed after keeping track of where, when and how it showed up in readings, what actually occurred, and it often just meant independent decisions a lot more than a great outcome.

Or even worse than that..

Ace

Get someone else to read for you. You are too close to a stormy relationship to get a true read on the situation.

Barb

Spiderwoman

Hello

I don't think there is any need to use reversals, if this makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't use them very often. But, I think, in a nutshell, what I am saying that cards need to be considered in both their positive and negative state. So - all these positive relationship cards could be indicating a very negative outcome.
Spiderwoman

EyeAmEye

Hi Aries,
Aside from the difficulty in being objective, you should also be very careful in how you ask the question. Often a question can seem clear to you on the surface, but can be somewhat open ended. The resulting reading, aside from being misread for various reasons including lack of objectivity, could also be ambiguous due to the way the question was phrased.

As others have already suggested, timing can be tricky, too. You may think the reading is off because the situation right now is not indicative of the cards. The reading could be referencing a long term future outside of your current perception.

Lastly, and maybe the most important aspect is related to something that seems to be the general consensus of most people but something I very highly disagree with. That being "proactivity". I very much believe that people quite often get in the way of things that have a natural flow. That flow doesn't jive with most people's patience, so in the thinking that one has to be proactive and "do something about something", they often screw it up. Maybe your actions in the situation are adversely affecting the projected outcome of the reading.