Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

ravenest

Its actually REALLY simple !

Cards dont mislead anyone, thats just plain silly. people mislead each other and themselves.

This issue will keep on surfacing and banging its head against the wall,,, over and over and over ...

The original premise is wrong.

The sequence;

My tarot cards can predict the future ... but they keep getting it wrong ... I dont understand it .... why do my cards keep getting it wrong ? (Sometimes they get it right).

IMO is pretty much a case of ;

My dog is friendly .... but he keeps biting people ... I dont understand it ... why does my friendly dog keep biting people ? (Sometimes he doesnt bite people).

AriesVirgoAscending

Cards dont mislead anyone, thats just plain silly. people mislead each other and themselves.

This issue will keep on surfacing and banging its head against the wall,,, over and over and over ...

The sequence;

My tarot cards can predict the future ... but they keep getting it wrong ... I dont understand it .... why do my cards keep getting it wrong ? (Sometimes they get it right).

IMO is pretty much a case of ;

My dog is friendly .... but he keeps biting people ... I dont understand it ... why does my friendly dog keep biting people ? (Sometimes he doesnt bite people).

I love the analogy.
Patience is all there is.

AriesVirgoAscending

Get someone else to read for you. You are too close to a stormy relationship to get a true read on the situation.

Barb

I just came to that conclusion and reached out to a trusted reader who has been helping me learn.

I agree, it's too close and raw.

Alta

I have been reading the thread and enjoying the discussion. The topic of love readings is so often the topic for ourselves and our querents.

I have seen the several comments about individual card discussions and wanted to offer a suggestion. Talking Tarot is for general discussions, and "Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards" is perfectly suited. The issue within the thread arises from forum 'housekeeping', wherein Using Tarot Cards is the place to get specific. A discussion like "What is the range of meanings for various cards in a love reading?" would be best in that section. Thread members could then discuss the range of meanings of, for example, the 10 of cups in a love reading where the two principles are actually at odds at the moment of reading.

Could I suggest a new thread in Using Tarot Cards as above? The threads could have referral links between them.

Alta

AriesVirgoAscending

I don't think there is any need to use reversals, if this makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't use them very often. But, I think, in a nutshell, what I am saying that cards need to be considered in both their positive and negative state. So - all these positive relationship cards could be indicating a very negative outcome.
Spiderwoman
How would I know what negative outcomes the cards might have, if they appear, and are traditionally positive?

AriesVirgoAscending

I have been reading the thread and enjoying the discussion. The topic of love readings is so often the topic for ourselves and our querents.

I have seen the several comments about individual card discussions and wanted to offer a suggestion. Talking Tarot is for general discussions, and "Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards" is perfectly suited. The issue within the thread arises from forum 'housekeeping', wherein Using Tarot Cards is the place to get specific. A discussion like "What is the range of meanings for various cards in a love reading?" would be best in that section. Thread members could then discuss the range of meanings of, for example, the 10 of cups in a love reading where the two principles are actually at odds at the moment of reading.

Could I suggest a new thread in Using Tarot Cards as above? The threads could have referral links between them.

Alta
Thank you Alta!
I think it's a good idea to ask for advice on alternative meanings

Tiggy-cat

The Sun is not such a good card as people believe, in my view..but I don't want to go off topic here

I have to agree with you about the sun. I noticed after keeping track of where, when and how it showed up in readings, what actually occurred, and it often just meant independent decisions a lot more than a great outcome.

Yeah, I think this was a case where I did not consider enough the potential negative meanings, as Spiderwoman mentioned, or read it as reversed, even though it showed upright.

It still does not seem to me it meant sudden realization of truth, since I just eventually decided on my own that they seemed flaky and I'd better cross them off my list but it was all uncertain and "cloudy". Independent decision woul fit there maybe. Or it may have meant I would feel a great deal of confidence, though that would turn out to be misplaced.

So I guess what I think about us being "mis-lead" by the cards is that no one is right all the time—not the weather forecasters, neither us in our interpretations, nor our cards in their predictions, and since reading is SO subjective, there's just plenty of room for error.

I've so far kept my readings very simple and drawn a minimal number of cards so as to not overwhelm myself with too many cards to consider all at once, but I think perhaps 2 cards for each answer instead of only one at this point may help me understand the messages more clearly.

Dangala

When someone is too close to a situation is best to get a second opinion on the reading. I feel Tarot speaks truthfully every time. It is our ego that gets in the way.

CloudRain899

I have just been misled by tarot cards about the man who so far has been the only man ive ever properly loved. I am not going to blame myself and say I misinterpreted it - I think the lovers, 10 of pentacles, 2 of cups, 6 of cups is pretty obvious and I also think its highly unfair that whatever is behind the cards would have expected us to interpret cards like this in a more negative I.e. disappointing light. We are all only.human and of course we are going to interpret cards like this in a positive light. The cards know this, so if they really wanted to have helped in this situation then why not show me the 10 of swords, 5 of pentacles, 5 of swords, 3 of swords etc. That message I would have clearly understood. But to sit here.and blame myself for not realising that The Lovers means that someone is going to tell you they dont love you and they.never want to speak to you ever again, sorry but im not buying it. Yes I truly beleive it IS possible for the cards to mislead you, and I think that for some people they are a positive guiding influence, for others such as myself for whatever reason, they are malicious and deliberately mislead to mess with your emotions. I loved tarot for 5 years but I am too scared to go near It after this and I have realised I dont need it becos I have the Universe itself here to support, guide, love me and listen to me.