Osho Zen Tarot Deck

paradoxx

in response:

www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/b40.html
Not the most open minded opinion, but a part of understanding any situation that incorpearates the nature of zen must assimilate information from all sources

www.home.att.net/~meditation/Osho.html

With that in mind
www.holisticpolitics.com/rebellion.htm
www.geocities.com/brianperkins77/107osho.htm
www.osho.org

My best advise is to search the net yourself, its hard, the information is buried and hidden behind false pretenses, conditioning, politics, and comprimise. Just go with the flow, watch for television specials (Theres one on the biochemical attacks that do not identify with teh cult aspect but rather with the individuals involved and their schemes).

True Zen comes from ones self, those who are true to ones self are true to zen, but don't take my word, speak for yourself before you let someone else speak for you, with that statment i remain silent.

Diana

Re: in response:

paradoxx said:
[Bwith that statment i remain silent. [/B]

In French we say "La vérité est toujours ailleurs". Truth is always elsewhere.

Following your statement, I will remain silent too.

Silverlotus

I have had the Osho Zen deck for a short time, and I have enjoyed my work with it. I have never really connected it with the Osho "cult", and my master card is stored away somewhere.

To me, it is a Zen deck, encompassing and presenting Zen ideas within a tarot framework. There was an earlier thread on how the Osho Zen cards compared to the RWS cards. Some cards were good fits, others were not - from the traditional prespective. But I think if you are looking for another way to look at tarot, and understand/like/want to learn more about Zen, this is a good deck - irregardless of what may have happened in the past. I've made the deck my own, and have never felt any "energy connection" with the Osho "cult".

Rusty Neon

How 'Zen' is the OZT?

Hi Silverlotus ... I'm not sure how orthodoxly 'Zen' the Osho Zen Tarot deck really is. It probably more likely reflects Osho's eclectic views to religions and spirituality (or the deck artist's take on Osho's views). I prefer to view it as a New Age deck.

Silverlotus

I guess you can say it is more new-agey then Zen, but there is a Zen background to it I think. Like No-thingness for instead of a Heirophant. It's more then then say pagan or Christian.

paradoxx

Silverlotus said:
I guess you can say it is more new-agey then Zen, but there is a Zen background to it I think. Like No-thingness for instead of a Heirophant. It's more then then say pagan or Christian.

=i believe that your last line is a typo=

The four suits are roughly based on the primal elements with the major arcania being spriit.

Fire
Water
Clouds (air)
Rainbows (This one is out of place with the rest of the elements here but does provide a useful suit)

The Temperence Card is a lot more active and predominantly altered to suit this paticular decks interpretations of the cards. Conditioning(the Devil) is a card that should be looked at more carefullly, the lion knows he's a lion (sometimes) and thus is just waiting for the time to escape, this card represents the escape from conditioning as well as the concept itself.

When working with magick and spellcasting with this deck, it does in fact relate certain meanings of the "tradiitional tarot" in a new way. The No-thingness card reminds me of a blank tv set. I like the Rebel(emperor) card although the fool needs some readjustment.

In conclusion: some of the meanings are in direct contrast to the RWS/"traditional" meanings that most of us are using when divining the tarot. This seems to be the problem, the intense departure from the 1909 set meanings does generate a singular vibration unto itself. This deck multi-tasks with ease, it answers questions upon questions and you still have half of a spread left. I've got some of the excerpts and information in my head and it comes out when it applies itself to everyday life, which this deck does frequently.

SnorkMaiden

My friend and I both decided to take up Tarot after having a reading done by a work colleague. My friend went straight for Osho Zen and loves it. She has no previous experience of card reading (Tarot or otherwise). I like the Osho Zen but I wanted a 'proper' Tarot deck to get me started. I've got a RW to get to grips with the basics, I've also been bitten by the Tarot bug and keep buying new decks even though I know virtually nothing! I've got Ancestral Path, Fey and Goddess and I'm awaiting my Mary-El deck.

My Osho Zen friend says the cards talk to her and feels that they are the only deck she needs. She doesn't plan to buy anymore -I don't know if anyone else feels like this about them.

SherryZoned

I will be getting the Osho Zen deck in a few weeks myself. I have never heard the call of this deck. Just one day I am like HEY i want to try out this deck..

Touching Base on what a bit of Truthsayer was saying. I feel that way about the Thoth that truthsayer Feels about Osho Zen. I do understand where she is coming from.

But maybe it was because I was reading Rosemarys Baby when I first got a thoth deck and they talked bout Crowley (not in a good way) LOL

I think I will get the deck see how it feels. Then go read the links. So I am not to tainted.

alexis

my experience with Osho deck

I remembered my first encounter with tarot was back in high school. my friends played the Ouja board and the priest was called in the next day. They had a tarot deck which they surrendered to the priest as well. (he said it was evil stuff and scared us with his stories.)

all the way, i had been "tampering" with chinese divination tools. But i realise they can be very accurate. Not only that, they predict your life from the moment you were born til the day you die. In other words, everything is fated in the world. I realise I din like that

Then, 10 years later, I woke up and had this "calling". haaha. it was just this strong feeling to read tarot cards. So what I did was, i went to Borders and looked at the stuff they had.

Prior to it, i did not know about the different themes of tarot, I did not even know the number of cards there should be in a deck. Nevertheless, Borders in Singapore had such limited selection of decks that come with book.

i remembered when i was making my decision to get this deck, I looked at the pictures -esp the ripeness pic. and in my mind i was saying i dont like this.

I should have gone with my gut feeling! aaah... i bought it because i wanted to get started soon on a deck. (darn)

sigh.. okie.. so i bought it, i opened it up. when i saw the master card, i felt like i really really dont like this deck. It feels too egoistic. further more, pardon me for saying this. ( haha.. i am not even sure if i should say this but... the master card reminds me of Osama).

Now and then, i will take this card out to look at it, to feel if i can connect with it or that i can at least like it...

my problem is, for the first few cards i look, i will think yes, i am beginning to like it. but after the first 15-25 cards. the feeling of not liking it comes up again... sigh sigh sigh.

besides this, the drawings give me the creeps sometimes.

oke.. tats my one cent worth on how i feel about this deck.
*btw, i do like zen philosophy.. but just not this osho zen