Osho Zen Tarot Deck

Kundalika

Must-have

Thanx to you too: tarotlady, Khatruman, rostie, Mysti.

I was a little hesistant before I started this thread, but I have no worries now......I'm definitely buying this lovely deck:)

truthsayer

i love tarot-a total tarot-holic. it's hard for me to find a deck that i absolutely cannot make myself like even if it's beautiful. osho zen is this for me. i tried using it for 3 or 4 years before i finally gave up and traded it. i think the root of my dislike is b/c i remember when the mess with the osho cult in oregon was going on. the 79th card called the master is osho and he absolultely gives me the creeps. i've tried using the deck w/o osho and still can't get past the dark side i sense in this deck.

i just feel like you should know the other side of this deck as well. i do hope that if you choose to try this one out you'll love it. i don't believe in shooting decks down. decks shouldn't be penalized for who inspired them's troubles. this one has a lot to offer if you are able to accept everything that it is. i simply can't.

Kundalika

Thanx

Hi truthsayer,

I appreciate your comments. I had a weird feeling about the Master card too....so I just decided that I would use it as a bookmark or something, not as a part of the deck.

I am not fond of cults as it is, and I'm buying this deck purely because its lovely to look at. How a deck "looks" is important to me, I can't stand some of the grotesque imagery in other decks.

I also don't really care about what happened to the Osho cult, I can be quite self-centred that way:) So for me the deck is just that, a deck. No baggage.

Mysti

Truthsayer, my tarot mentor would agree with you completely. She also has a distaste for the deck for the same reasons.

I do think it's important to factor that in. I think it would be very disappointing to learn of it later and wish one had not obtained the deck.

Love and peace,
Mysti

Diana

There was an Osho before.
And an Osho after.

What happened in-between I often ponder on.

I have watched videos and read many things that Osho wrote. Nothing will remove that magic for me.

The rest makes me so sad...........

may god bless his soul and may he manage better next time around. Sometimes one starts out on a beautiful journey, one takes the wrong fork in the road and disaster lies ahead. Some mistakes are costly. May he who has never sinned........

paradoxx

conspiricy

It is almost certain that what happened to this man was related to drug abuse and manipulation by some of his followers who later would become the masters of those whom he loved. The foot note is labled 23 and is from his book titles "Ah! This." This is the only time this book is used in the reference material. To complicate matters for me, i have not a problem with using this card although i will sometimes negate its purpose (the deck was created by the Osho Commune, that could be the origin of the negativity) with my own personal affiniation with the number 23 (psi is the 23rd letter of the greek alpabet and is used to identify psychic energies, my astrological configuration for neptue is 23 sagitarius and the neptune glyph resembles a psi). A useful interpretation for this card is "those who should be in control are being undermined by those who are trusted"

I had a dreram where i was reading with teh cards and this "Master Card" jumped out of my hand with a cackling voice declaring it to be evil. I have also lost the sharing card (queen of fire) after letting another read with it, neither of us know where it went and i still have my questions about that paticualar zen moment. read the interpretation of the master card and then decide if it is for you, due to the lack of a number it can replace the fool card. Also, 19 (innocence) also features a picture of osho. This could be the before and after mentoned.

Aerin

I don't feel the deck has Osho's energy it it, rather that of the deck creator's beliefs as she has interpreted the teachings and I don't see any problems in what she has written (Ma Deva Padma). I just junked the Master card as it seemed out of place, but if you read the description of the card it is 'master' in the sense of self mastery and not in the sense of master of others. There's a big difference.

None of the other cards seem to reflect the ego energy of an individual. It is a very Zen deck, if it were just called the Zen Tarot that would be totally appropriate.

Maybe I'll use the deck to read what can be learnt from the Osho situation, I think this deck would have given some very straighforward and tough messages if Osho/ other cult members had used it to read for themselves, and there is learning for everyone in the issue. It has always been a very honest deck for me.

Aerin

ps here's what the Celtic Cross spread said when I asked 'Tell me about the issues surrounding the behaviour of Osho and his followers in Oregon'. No time to type much, just that this spread seems to me to encapsulate a conflict between Zen principles and what people knew in their hearts, and the felt need for control over people and resources.... I got the Master card from its hiding place and included it in the shuffle, it didn't come up.

Also, if you lay the spread out there's something interesting in terms of who is looking where and who has their eyes closed and etc. Note I use uprights, so any 'reverse' meanings I see in the cards comes from their position in the spread and the surrounding cards.

Heart of the issue: 3 of Fire Experiencing
Crossing: Beyond Illusion XX
Below/ unconscious : Guidance 3 Rainbows
Behind/ issue from past: Exhaustion 9 Fire
Above/ conscious: Integration XIV
Before/ near future: Thunderbolt XVI

How they saw themselves: Lovers VI
Environment/ how others saw them: Creativity III
Hopes/ fears and Advice: 5 Fire Totality
Outcome: 4 Rainbows The Miser

truthsayer

when i first got the osho zen deck, i didn't know who osho was as i had never heard bhagwan ragneesh called by any other name. i tried it in some readings(putting the master card aside) but it didn't work for me. maybe i'm not comfortable with zen philosophy. who knows? i think it was around year or more ago that i learned who osho was from a member here. what i learned from news sites confirmed my gut reaction towards the deck in the beginning.

i don't mean to sound like i'm casting stones at osho. lord knows i have my share of sin. but i do feel a necessity to let all the truth be known about this deck and my honest feelings. i haven't shared negative details i know about osho. if i did that, i'd be throwing stones at osho. imho i am only telling the truth about my experiences with this deck.

another thoughts is the story about the "songs for the journey home" deck. this deck was created by former osho commune members who were wounded emotionally by the end of the cult. this deck is a testimony to their healing. after i received this deck and read the stories of the author and artist, that's when i made the connection. i don't think these ladies did this deck to cause any harm to the name of osho. they did it out of a need to recovery and healing. i do like this deck very much. it's a little too out there for me to read w/o the book but it's a nice gentle addition to my collection.

i haven't read the interview yet by ma padma deva. i'll try to get to it soon.

sunflowr

don't get those vibes

I have the Osho-Zen deck as well. I have never felt bad vibes from it at all and I do know some of what he represented. I just shut that out of my mind and focus on the deck from the artist's perspective as well as all the healing and insightful readings one can get from this deck. It really zooms in on a situation and, focusing on that and in the present time, can really change your future! I think I will take the master card out tho when I use it again (I havent used the deck in awhile). He's never appeared in any of my past readings and I am not sure I'd want his face coming up in a spread, when I use the deck again. lol! But, if left in the deck and he appears, how would you "take it"? Maybe as a spirit guide? Or, as someone said, "mastery of yourself'?

I also have "songs for the journey home" but havent used it hardly at all yet.

Mimers

Could someone shed some light on this 'dark' side of Osho. I am truely in the dark here. What did he do that was so terrible?