Crystal Ball

SunChariot

I am about to order my first crystal ball in two days and I just beyond excited. I have it all picked out and wil order it then and hopefully have it withing two weeks,

I know literally nothing on the topic. Anything anyone can tell me about them and how to read with them would be appreciated. Or any really good books on how to use them, and or any personal experieneces you'd like to share. I am just so excited, I can't wait to hear. :)

Babs

Emily

For a long time I used to try and use mine cradled in my hand, it's palm sized but I had a bit of a breakthrough with it when I left it in its box, and just tip the box to use the sphere.

The lining of the box is white but I have used the ball with red and black cloth lined into the box also, it's amazing how different a clear sphere becomes when you add a bit of colour. I'm still at the seeing clouds stage. It's very relaxing just staring into it and letting your eyes go, I also take my glasses off, and for some reason, that makes a difference.

Melisandre

Have you done any other kind of scrying before?

I don't know anything about crystal balls (except they sound AWESOME!), but I've tried black miror scrying on a few occasions. What I noticed was that I got "impressions" of images instead of the actual clear images that I *thought* was the objective. Upon talking to people here, I realized that "impressions" are actually quite common. Keep inventory of what comes to you and look it up in a symbol book later on.

If crystal ball scrying is anything like mirror scrying, just relax your eyes and your brain. Meditative breathing helped me a lot.

Congrats on your purchase and best of luck! Keep us posted :)

Rhoswen

Uma Silbey's The Complete Crystal Guidebook contains a very detailed explanation of how to work with a crystal ball.

Your library may have it. Sadly, someone had stolen my library's copy; luckily I found a used copy online at a very inexpensive price.

SunChariot

For a long time I used to try and use mine cradled in my hand, it's palm sized but I had a bit of a breakthrough with it when I left it in its box, and just tip the box to use the sphere.

The lining of the box is white but I have used the ball with red and black cloth lined into the box also, it's amazing how different a clear sphere becomes when you add a bit of colour. I'm still at the seeing clouds stage. It's very relaxing just staring into it and letting your eyes go, I also take my glasses off, and for some reason, that makes a difference.

OMG I am so excited. I just ordered it but it may take at least 10 business days to come. I was glad to hear that colour helps as mine has a colour to it. Mine is 3 1/3"

I ordered this (just the ball from the first image, and the stand in the second):

Attachments

• first crystal ball.jpg
    first crystal ball.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 156
  • crystal ball stand.jpg
    crystal ball stand.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 127

SunChariot

Have you done any other kind of scrying before?

I don't know anything about crystal balls (except they sound AWESOME!), but I've tried black miror scrying on a few occasions. What I noticed was that I got "impressions" of images instead of the actual clear images that I *thought* was the objective. Upon talking to people here, I realized that "impressions" are actually quite common. Keep inventory of what comes to you and look it up in a symbol book later on.

If crystal ball scrying is anything like mirror scrying, just relax your eyes and your brain. Meditative breathing helped me a lot.

Congrats on your purchase and best of luck! Keep us posted :)

Nope, never tried anything remotely like this before. No experience with scrying at all so far. Yeah, the sound awesome to me too. And they just look so beautiful.

I sometimes do see images when I meditate, so I think I will be able see something with my ball. I do tend to be mainly visual,. even as a card reader.

What is a black mirror? Thank you for the advice, will follow it. :heart:

SunChariot

Uma Silbey's The Complete Crystal Guidebook contains a very detailed explanation of how to work with a crystal ball.

Your library may have it. Sadly, someone had stolen my library's copy; luckily I found a used copy online at a very inexpensive price.

Thanks, will look into that.:heart:

Oh guess what! I just found a used copy on amazon.ca for $0.01 with tax it is only $6.50. So that is done and its ordered. THANK YOU!

Babs

celticnoodle

HURRAY!!! YOU ORDERED IT!!!

oh, I can't wait to hear about your experiences with it, Babs. also a picture of it when you do get it!

Emily

OMG I am so excited. I just ordered it but it may take at least 10 business days to come. I was glad to hear that colour helps as mine has a colour to it. Mine is 3 1/3"

I ordered this (just the ball from the first image, and the stand in the second):

That ball is a beautiful colour, I think you are going to have fun with it. :)

Lourdez

:( I'm so jealous I can't get a crystal ball here in Australia and the Americans won't ship me one booooo hooooo. I need to move country I think ;)