A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method!

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Mel, the pic on post 41: A querent asks - "When will I be wed?"

Is this what you mean re. timing - see attched.

Bee :)

Exactly, though I tend to measure out from Father Time, but it works either way!

How do you like Place's new deck Bee? I know you like cleaned up historical decks. Is this one calling to you?

Working with the different number sequence of this deck is interesting. Time is 11. Temperance is 6. Justice is 20, etc.

Bernice

Ah hah! So you measure time from the co-significator to the Significator....... hmmm.

FROM the 'desired thing' (or what is enquired about) TO the Querent/subject. O.K.

Robert Places' new deck: Yes Mel, I saw them! Thanks to the link from DoctorArcanus;

http://tarotconnection.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=282

True, I prefer cleaned-up images :). Still not sure about these - but of course, I would like a copy :laugh: I like that the number sequence is different. It's a whole new 'spectrum' of the trumps!

Bee :)

prudence

Hi Mel and M.E.L., just trying to be sure...I see you have redone the diagrams, but is anything else streamlined that I may have missed?

Also, when will that Robert Place deck be available for purchase? (I tried the link but it says it is not in stock)

I tried out this method with a hypothetical question regarding when a certain someone will meet his maker.... so I used Father Time and Death...and yup, they were right next to each other! })

Moonbow

Well M.E.L you devil. I just got the Soprafino out to follow along with this and there you go changing to a deck that no one has... but at least we get to see it in its glory here in these exercises. This method has a Lenormand feel to it.

Rosanne

Love Place's new deck especially the Magician- he has a medieval pipe on the table. NO need to apologise M.E.L. 1499- I wondered why you picked that date in the first place, when the Soprafino was later........now I know.

Now been a stickler for details this spread and method has it's own Journal- to check the helpfulness to querents and to be a Fortune Telling Journal; as I usually read more in a counseling/consulting type of way. So after all these years, here I am branching out.

Now it seems to me the toughest part is deciding what cards will signify the question. I will have to formulate a list (sort of).

First Question in the Journal was last night......answer will be easy to track.

Is that Bastard called XXXXXX going to be caught by the Law?
( nasty man neighbour stealing stuff)
I chose Devil for nasty man and Justice.
Well He'l be damned. Right Next door to each other top row and in the next short while.
See Rosanne dancing, dancing ,dancing.............
Looking around now for victims....er..er Querents with questions.

~Rosanne

prudence

Rosanne said:
Love Place's new deck especially the Magician- he has a medieval pipe on the table. NO need to apologise M.E.L. 1499- I wondered why you picked that date in the first place, when the Soprafino was later........now I know.

Now been a stickler for details this spread and method has it's own Journal- to check the helpfulness to querents and to be a Fortune Telling Journal; as I usually read more in a counseling/consulting type of way. So after all these years, here I am branching out.

Now it seems to me the toughest part is deciding what cards will signify the question. I will have to formulate a list (sort of).

First Question in the Journal was last night......answer will be easy to track.

Is that Bastard called XXXXXX going to be caught by the Law?
( nasty man neighbour stealing stuff)
I chose Devil for nasty man and Justice.
Well He'l be damned. Right Next door to each other top row and in the next short while.
See Rosanne dancing, dancing ,dancing.............
Looking around now for victims....er..er Querents with questions.

~Rosanne
NIce one...that's how my reading turned out as well, they were on the top row, next to each other...I took it to mean soon. (like at least within 2 weeks...or so...) I am trying to come up with good subjects to read about, I am so itching to use this handy method.

Melanchollic

prudence said:
Hi Mel and M.E.L., just trying to be sure...I see you have redone the diagrams, but is anything else streamlined that I may have missed?

Also, when will that Robert Place deck be available for purchase? (I tried the link but it says it is not in stock)

I've, uh-hum, I mean we've gone back and rewritten a few things and added some simple example readings, so you might take a stroll back to that end of the garden and have a 'quick-see'.

I don't know when the deck is going to be available, if at all. It may have been a limited edition just for the museum exhibition. I was thrilled to see it "teased" in the Tarot Connection shop. Hopefully they'll be selling them. The world needs more of these early decks recreated and available. Maybe someone will get around to doing a Cary Sheet Deck. :)

prudence

Melanchollic said:
I've, uh-hum, I mean we've gone back and rewritten a few things and added some simple example readings, so you might take a stroll back to that end of the garden and have a 'quick-see'.

I don't know when the deck is going to be available, if at all. It may have been a limited edition just for the museum exhibition. I was thrilled to see it "teased" in the Tarot Connection shop. Hopefully they'll be selling them. The world needs more of these early decks recreated and available. Maybe someone will get around to doing a Cary Sheet Deck. :)
Will do.

And yes on that Cary Sheet Deck! I'd love one. The PLace one really needs a better name, because no way am I going to type out that name every time I want to refer to it. :D The images in it are so interesting, I love that "Sun" card...and the Devil looks so casual and cool, like he doesn't even have to work for it. }) Thanks for using it as the graphic in this thread, Mel, we can all become familiar with these unusual images that we may not expect in a tarot.... and it seems like a lot of folks are viewing this method of yours.

Melanchollic

prudence said:
The PLace one really needs a better name, because no way am I going to type out that name every time I want to refer to it. :D The images in it are so interesting, I love that "Sun" card...and the Devil looks so casual and cool, like he doesn't even have to work for it.

It could be worst Pru. One of the sheet fragments on which this deck is reconstructed is called the "Dick Sheet". Place could have called it the "Dick Deck"! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Melanchollic

An Example Reading

A Querent asks -

"I own a photography/portrait studio. We've been in business for 21 years, and have been very successful, until these past two years. Our business has been very poor recently. If things don't pick up this year we may have to close. Our manager thinks we need to remodel the studio and give it a 'fresh' new image. We are very, very low on cash for such a renovation. Will remodeling the studio help our business to pick up again?"

This sounds rather too complicated for a quick & simple method like this one, but I saw a nice 'fit' by employing The Chariot as the significator for "success", and The Last Judgement as the significator of "a rebirth".

15th010.jpg

Judgement -

Yes!! The remodeling will bring back the business!! Hurrah!!