AT Traveling Member Deck ~ Journal II

elvenstar

Ahh, where to start... Well, it's a great deck, first of all, and it was lovely to see people's signatures and all that. Mine is on the King of Cups, I just fell for him straight away and somehow it seemed it expressed the personality of the deck for me, once we got to know each other a little better. Unfortunately he arrived at a very busy time for me, so we didn't spend as much time together as I would have liked. But he did come to work with me every day :laugh:

I did a couple of quick readings for myself with it, here's two fun conversations we had:

Should I give some readings with you?

chariot
high priestess
8 wands

Go do some readings with me! it'll be hard maybe, but productive and will take you one step closer to maturity as a reader. Come on woman, let's have it!

So I listened. I was hoping to do some live readings at a place I read once per month, but couldn't go so I offered some here, it was only fair to give to fellow AT'ers. I was a bit apprehensive, but approached it lightly and that helped. I could hear the voices of those who had it before me reassuring me and urging me on. The results are here and here :D

And right before him moving on:

4 swords
sun
3 coins
(10 swords)

Elvenstar: Our time together is over, but it was great fun, made a new friend, illuminated some dark places.
Jean: This is not over, but only a beginning, perhaps not immediately but soon there'll be time for more... But now I must go!

So yeah, now he's on his way to gregory. We had a short and sweet, passionate love affair, worthy of a french romance :p I wasn't sad to see him go, knowing that he has more love to give and receive around the world! :heart:

Oh, and the bag is lovely. I'm not into the whole bag thing, but it's really beautiful and very robust, which meant I could just carry the deck around... Maybe I could do with one after all.

gregory

The deck was waiting for me when I got back from seeing Enchanted with a friend. We opened it up and both exclaimed over the stunning quality of Sulis’ bag (*shameless but well deserved plug here*) And in with it a lovely cat card and a rock from Elvenstar, and some sandalwood incense.

I do have a Noblet so the deck wasn't a huge surprise – but it did feel very used - in a nice way ! I checked all the signatures (this is not the easiest deck to sign, and ballpoint is not the best way to go ! I had to go through three times before I found Fudugazi’s card; I was panicking a bit as I began to wonder if a card had escaped.... :bugeyed:) Anyway – Death was available so I signed that – it IS my favourite card !

We watched some TV together – with the incense burning – and I went through all the cards a few times – not that I’ve never looked at the deck before- but I suddenly realised that the Chariot doesn’t fit with a PM discussion I have been having with someone about TdM chariot cards elsewhere.... I shall have to follow that up !

The way I read, TdM does not come naturally to me. They’re rather bald and stripped down for my taste; I like lots of images ! – but I felt I owed it to the deck to give it a shot – so on Sunday, I did a simple three card reading by the glorpish method (as documented elsewhere on this forum !). I got – a single sentence per card – no elaboration, no detail, no matter what I tried. It made sense, though. Maybe it is trying to tell me to SHUT UP. Could be a time saver, too !

Anyway, I spent Monday evening trying to work out how come Sulis’ bags come out so much better than mine ever do – and coming away none the wiser. :( And I did take a picture of it with our lion dogs of Fo; they seemed the most appropriate thing around here – very traditional, steeped in the past; no nasty MODERN side to them ;) - and with adequate gravitas for the occasion. This IS a TdM, and has to be treated with due respect, of course. The dogs who guard the gods’ temples seemed like the way to go....

Come Tuesday I’ve had to pack it up again for despatch to Sulis. As I will be tied up almost all of Wednesday, I couldn’t guarantee that I’d make it to the post. :( I put one of the AT stickers in my diary, and I’ve put in some new incense - which was gifted to ME by floracove; an extra bit of AT - to keep the deck company. Fly well, little deck.

Attachments

• the fool and the dogs.jpg
    the fool and the dogs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 144

Sulis

The deck has arrived along with a lovely turquoise bracelet from gregory - thanks, it's gorgeous :)

Just opened it up and yet to use it - will post more later.

Sulis

Well I've had the deck for the last 5 days and just sent it out to Guiding Cauldron.

I only managed to do one reading with the deck, for my son and it was very illuminating... I already have this deck and have to admit to not using it much at all, I just can't get on with the pointy corners and I think it shuffles a bit like a house brick but it was lovely to have and use a deck that had been around the world and used by many other ATers...

It's very difficult to see the signatures on this deck as the pattern on the backs is so busy but I signed L'Imperatrice as she's my soul card :)

It's been wonderful to participate in this (again) and now the deck is on it's merry way.

Guiding Cauldron

The deck of love....

Well I sem to be surrounded by the concept of LOVE it seems it is a focus for me at this time.

I recieved the deck today from Sulis ad her lil gift of blessing too, ty again. I havent been reading the threads or journal for this traveling deck, I suppose I wanted a blank slate for when I saw it in person.

Gazing through the cards was lovely and noticing when a signurature was apparant was a lovely sign of its multi life thus far. Even when you could not make out all the names, just sitting there knowing someone was drawn to a certain card was enough for me. I myself was drawn to the Hanged Man card, not in a depressing way but in a completely new life inspiring way- a rebirthing if you will. Please I beg forgiveness of my scrawly signature when its gazed upon. It was thought with of joy, peace and love though xx

I suppose for me I was drawn to a few cards, being a bit rusty on my fluent French didnt help lol But I did manage to get the inspiration behind those that jumped out to me. There were Empress, Sun, Hanged Man, Knight of Wands, a Cups card, and one other of a kindly gentleman soul upon it. They all spoke to me in their simple ways but each had a very profound message for me. Namely the Empress was the primary message giver, reminding me that She/I share the role of being a Gaurdian of the Hearth. Such love and devotion in that card, it was a true blessing.

Inspiring for me that I was drawn to the hanged man card and thinking of being involved in a rebirthing process spiritually. But also today my sister in law in another country is actually giving birth to her twins today xx

May all who shuffle through this deck see the messages for themselves and be truly inspired. Bright blessings xx

Now its images are being passed on.....

Elnor

Just to say that the deck arrived today- I've had a quick glance at it before I had to go out, but will sit down with it later this evening and post more tomorrow!

elnor

Elnor

I got the deck out yesterday evening and went through it- I really like the colours, and the feel of the cards... even though it feels strange trying to shuffle ones so small in comparison to the RWS I'm more accustomed to.

I am not used to pip cards, and haven't so far been able to suss out the differences between some of the Swords and Batons... am I just being thick?? At first I thought there were more Batons and not enough Swords :club::spade::club: but I'll have a closer look at them later.

I put the pips to one side and spread out all the others... I liked the way they looked so I've taken a photo...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jaenor363/Cards.jpg

and I did a quick reading using the Majors, Aces, and Courts;

"What energies should I try to focus on for tomorrow?" (I've got a lot going on at the moment. :bugeyed:)

What energy to use: Valet de Denier...."Stop faffing about and get to work- no procrastinating!"
What attitude to avoid: LeStoille (the Star) "Sitting around hoping it will get done on it's own isn't going to get this assignment finished."
How to focus: Le Chariot (and funnily enough, this is the card I had intended to sign) "No daydreaming- forward movement requires self-discipline"

The deck at the moment is sitting on my shrine with my other decks, (which are in wooden boxes) so I've also posted a pic of it there, too-

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jaenor363/NobletCards.jpg

I'll try and do another reading with it tonight, and post tomorrow as to how I got on with it... might give those pips another go!

elnor

Elnor

I wanted to quickly post about my experiences with the Noblet before it reaches Moonbow- I sent it yesterday morning, but had a presentation to give in my psychology class last night and was so shattered when I got in last night I couldn't see to type. :bugeyed:

The last night I had the deck, I turned it face down and went through it looking for everyone's signatures... it was interesting seeing familiar names, and knowing that we had all handled the same cards... all the places it has been! :grin:

I noticed that there were twelve cards that had been signed, (plus the one that I chose) and I got the feeling that I wanted to do a reading using just these cards, (I still hadn't turned them over, so wasn't aware which ones had been signed) and I thought I'd call it the "You Decide" spread :).

I put two cards to each question: what will help, and what would hinder?
Briefly, this is how it worked out:

My relationship?
Help- the Queen of Cups; remember to nurture my own creativity as well.
Hinder- the Empress- stop worrying about what my mother would think!

My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving in together?
Help- Chariot; focus on forward movement- go for it.
Hinder- Death; fear of change, looking back at the past, (I HATE moving!)

My painting projects?
Help- the Fool; be more childlike, try and ENJOY it; don't make it into a chore.
Hinder- 3 of Swords; let go of past hurts and criticisms that still affect me.

My writing project?
Help- Hanged Man; time for a new approach- put more time aside to write.
Hinder- Emperor; don't take a rigid stance, and don't force it.

Spiritual Path?
Help- King of Cups; 'Physician heal thyself' keyphrase- do more self-help.
Hinder- World; being unable to let go and move into a new cycle.

General?
Help? Nine of Cups- enjoy life more, appreciate the many blessings I do have.
Hinder? Judgement- stop thinking of things so critically, and in black & white.

Overall, Summing up?
The Moon... listen more to my intuition, and trust what my feelings are trying to tell me is the right thing for me.

This was a great spread- I felt like everyone who had signed cards was helping to give me a little bit of advice, so wanted to say thanks, guys!

Anyway, the deck is now hopefully traveling safely and quickly onto Moonbow- I had a small sturdy box that I covered in tissue paper to help protect it and its lovely bag from the perils of the post office, :rolleyes: so it should reach her by Wednesday... just in time for Valentine's Day.:love:

elnor

Moonbow

Just a note to say I received the deck today... and Valentines Day too!

I already have the Noblet but this one is special and not just because is been travelling around the world for the last 4-5 months. Will write more later when I get my coat off and relax with it.

Moonbow*

Moonbow

OK coat, scarf and shoes off, I've eaten and now I'm snuggled down for a while with Jean Noblet.

My first reading with the Travelling Deck was for myself, something I don't do much of these days, but I needed to do some brainstorming and by using a deck which isn't my own Noblet, and also doesn't feel like my own, it seemed a good opportunity for me to read for myself. The reading threw up more questions for me and so I decided to add some more cards. It's now becoming a conversation with a friend.

There are actually 79 cards in this deck because it has an extra Valet de Coupe without a border, background or title on the card. I also decided to sign a card on the day the deck arrived instead of the day I post it on because it's Valentine's Day. Naturally I signed the Three of Cups as that card depicts so much love to me.

Moonbow*