AT Traveling Member Deck ~ Journal II

Moonbow

Tonight I did a one card reading which warranted a yes or no answer and then hoped to expand on that.

The card I pulled was Le Monde and was therefore a resounding 'yes'. I then went on to ask a further three questions and the three cards I pulled were the Kind of Batons, Ace of Coins and Justice. If you have this deck lay them out with me. This King looks directly at Justice as though the answer relies on her, and in turn she looks straight ahead in defiant manner, she won't be swayed. Between them lies the Ace of Coins and possibly the crux of the situation and reason for her defiance.

I will have another look at this spread in the morning but already it easily tells a story, which is the beauty of this little deck. I know it so well now and am familiar with the cards from using my own Noblet since July, and also using it for the 78 week study.

Moonbow

Today I used the Traveling Noblet to do one of the reading exercises in jmd's correspondence course. It involved three readings in one, with three stories running along side each other and the Hanged Man as the instruction card for each situation. In total it included 24 cards and was a really enjoyable and excellent learning curve for those who want to read with a Marseilles deck.

Now the deck is all packed up and in the morning will be on it's way to sunny Sussex to live with Netzach for a few days.....

Moonbow*

Netzach

The deck is packed up and ready to resume its journey tomorrow when it will be travelling to Kent to spend some time with Knight of Wands.

I have to admit that this deck did nothing for me, although I did like its size. Last time, I didn't think I'd like the World Spirit - but I loved it. This time, I didn't think I'd like the Noblet - and I'm afraid I was right. I really can't get on with TdeM decks mainly, I think, because I read 95% intuitively (even though Moonbow* at one of our Tea and Tarot meetings tried to persuade me that one could read intuitively with them).

I looked through the deck a couple of times and read some of the lwb and then allowed the deck to sit on one of my tarot shelves and get to know my other decks. It's had a busy few months and I think it enjoyed the rest.

Like a number of other participants, I was disappointed that the signatures on the backs were so indistinct. Perhaps this was another reason why I couldn't connect to the deck . . . not being able to see the signatures clearly and see who had signed. I tried using a bright orange gel pen but it just wiped off, so in the end I used a red felt tip - but even that can't really be distinguished against the black and white design.

I signed the Knight of Wands, having decided that, of all the cards, the two that I liked were the KofW and the Knight of Swords. In the end, I chose the former because of the expression on the horse's face! But, having just written that, I'm feeling a bit guilty because the next person to receive the deck will be Knight of Wands and maybe he would have wanted to sign the KofW card. Well, last time, I seem to remember that some cards were signed by two people . . .

So, sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket. I've enjoyed taking part in this "event" because these sort of things do bring AT members closer together. But I'm afraid nothing is ever going to make me passionate about TdeM decks.

Knight of Wands

I have received the deck, got it Thursday - it will be posted off on Monday as today is Sunday.

I like this deck, but then I do like a good TdM.

I am a bit disappointed though about not being able to see the signatures clearly. Oh well.

Netzach, you need not worry, my one to be signed is the Knight of Cups :)

I've been sleeping with it under my pillow, and did a very good reading last night with advice on my upcoming Gap Year trip, which was very helpful.

I am hoping to do another reading with it later.

More to come :)

Knight of Wands

Just to let everyone know, sorry I haven't been able to post as regularly as I would like.

On the plus side; this experience has put a new deck onto my wishlist - I really liked it.

firefrost

I'm about to pack her up, to send her on her way to Kiama.

I've been playing with her on and off since I got her last Saturday, just as I do with my own Noblet.

le pendu has influenced me greatly so I've been practising conversations between the courts mainly. I STILL say the King of Cups and the King of Coins are brothers!

I'm getting a real feel for the deck and I was delighted to see all the signatures. Yes, it's a pity about the ones that aren't clear - mine is! I added mine to a personal card, the Knight of Swords.

So tonight at 5pm it'll be winging it's way to its next destination. Courageous little deck!

Kiama

It's been a while since I sent the deck to Raya, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and write about it!

Some of you probably know that I don't really enjoy Marseilles decks. I don't know enough about them, for a start, to use them for anything other than gaming. But I actually really liked the Jean Noblet. It had... charm. A certain je ne sais quoi. As Marseilles decks go, I like this one a lot.

So much so that I'm going to have to buy myself a copy!

I really enjoyed reading the little white book that came with it - the colour symbolism section was particularly enlightening.

As you can see from the photos, my cat Erzulie was fascinated by this deck, and bonded with it rather quickly. ;)

To decide what card to sign, I shuffled and randomly pulled a card. XVI The Tower. Nice. Actually, I'm rather close to the Tower.

So, it's farewell Jean Noblet, and good luck on the next continent!

Attachments

• Image555 (1).jpg
    Image555 (1).jpg
    170 KB · Views: 136
  • Image555.jpg
    Image555.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 116

Raya

Day One

I got the deck today. The package was practically humming with energy! I picked it up from my apartment building's security guards on my way out to brunch. I brought a Joseph Campbell book with me to study after I ate, which always gets my brain moving and fills me with energy. When I was done studying, I played with the cards, trying to get my enthusiasm into them.

I've never really used Marseilles before, but I was paging through the LWB, and I found all the descriptions of the old symbolism rather interesting. I don't really understand them, but that makes them kind of mysterious to me. I'm going to enjoy playing with them before sending them onward.

Raya

The deck is on its way to Argentina. Here's wishing them a safe voyage! That deck has crazy energy. I admit that I didn't do too many spreads with it, but I did sleep with the deck next to my pillow every night, and man! did I have some cuh-RA-zy dreams. Adventures and daring escapes, hiding from enemies, climbing mountains, crawling across train tracks suspended way way way above a canyon with Kevin Sorbo (though unfortunately not Lucy Lawless,) little fairy flower villages (I got kicked out :( ), and even Madonna made a guest appearance and we went to a spa together.

In any event, to all the people yet to receive the deck, sleep with them next to your pillow, by all means.

missycab

I got the deck today!! It arrived safely! *relief sigh*

I'll take a short break from my IDS with the Thoth (please, forgive me, for I will sin!! :p), and do some reading with this deck. I'll update this later!