AT Travelling Member Deck~Second Journey - Discussion thread

Alta

Even not being much of a Marseille user, I rather like the idea of such an innovative old/new deck being the Traveling deck. Plus the LWB which is quite light.

I sent a tiny gift (a moonstone) on to the next person last time. It might be fun if everyone sent a tiny gift on to the next person as part of the exercise. Not cumulative, the packet would get heavy, just to the next one in line. I mean it could be something like a pretty feather even.

Netzach

Yes! Yes! Yes! I was thinking only the other day how lovely it would be to have another travelling deck. Count me in!!

gregory

Marion said:
Even not being much of a Marseille user, I rather like the idea of such an innovative old/new deck being the Traveling deck. Plus the LWB which is quite light.

I sent a tiny gift (a moonstone) on to the next person last time. It might be fun if everyone sent a tiny gift on to the next person as part of the exercise. Not cumulative, the packet would get heavy, just to the next one in line. I mean it could be something like a pretty feather even.
I don't think it should be compulsory.... I did too, but would hate to think people decided not to because they felt obliged to buy/think of a gift - however small.... Some people really finds gifts stressful....

firecatpickles

I am thinking of joining, too. But with my luck (& everyone contributing a small gift, if this is what's decided), I will be the one who has to mail a 50 pound package to Australia :(

This isn't a sign-up Thread proper, is it yet?

Sulis

I'm all for the Noblet being the deck of choice. It's a wonderful deck and the little white book that comes with it is in English.

As Annabelle has already said though, we are Tarot readers, we read the cards, so why would we need a book?

A Marseille Tarot without French titles is a very strange thing indeed (I think so anyway).

Alta

Okay, I withdraw the 'little gift' idea. Clearly not a good one. :)

But like the overall idea of re-starting the Traveling deck.

Daizdy

If the booklet that goes with the Noblet deck is small, there's no problem having it travel with the deck. I thought it might have been larger...like a book. I don't know enough about tarot decks to know the significance one has over another. I didn't even know the significance of this deck until I noticed how everyone was talking about it. I do, however, like the images on the cards. It really doesn't matter to me what deck we use as long as the signature that is to be written on it can be seen clearly. I just appreciate that someone has offered to donate a deck.

I've been thinking about Gregory.... I doubt she will start with the deck but mainly depends on how I route the deck. I've thought that her situation might be a good one if she is last to have it overseas and is in the UK when she gets the deck. I thought it might save time if the deck travels with her to Canada. Mind you, there's a big "IF" here because we don't know where she's going to be but "IF" it should turn out that way it would be very beneficial time-wise because it means just a plane ride and not weeks going through customs.

So, if we do actually use the Noblet deck, more than likely it's going to start in Australia.

I'm also thrilled to see the deck will be visiting India this year (May) :) I'm also thrilled to see so many offering opinions. Keep em comin! :)

gregory

Marion said:
Okay, I withdraw the 'little gift' idea. Clearly not a good one. :)

But like the overall idea of re-starting the Traveling deck.
It's not a bad idea AT ALL; I had fun with it and also sent a little one. Just - let's leave it to people who want to do that, if you see what I mean.

That is the trouble with ME, Daizdy. Because as we found out last time - it doesn't matter how you plan these things and how well individuals stick to the timetable; there WILL be delays - even just by the postal services (who seem to open more and more packages now) Yes, I would be only too happy to carry it across the pond - but we will have no end of trouble trying to tie its passage to a set date so I can book a flight ! Even if I gave you my timetable for the next 2 years right now (not that I have it, and I do have an aged mother....:confused:) sod's law three people before me there would be someone who had a total disaster and help it up for - say - 2 critical days..... which meant it missed my flight, and so on. (Of course I could get it mailed on, but still...)

And you have yet to experience the INDIAN post..... :eek: has your parcel arrived there yet, JD ?????

Me a little bit sorry me such a world traveller.... I even want to get to Oz some day....

Netzach

I like the idea of a themed deck, particularly something to do with healing. Not everyone likes the Marseilles decks and, I suspect, quite a lot of people find them difficult to read with (and we do all want to have a chance to read with the travelling deck). That was what was so great about the World Spirit - it was wonderful to read with. But I do agree that this must be a tarot deck, not an oracle.

As far as gifts are concerned, that can surely be left up to the individual. And I like the idea of having a travelling pen!

Elven

Marion said:
Okay, I withdraw the 'little gift' idea. Clearly not a good one.

I dont think its a bad idea Marion - even a poem for the next person ... but it got me to thinking ... what if on sending the deck, each person sends a postcard to Daizy ... something representing where it has just moved from ... most postoffices have postcards ... could even be the tackiest postcard you can find :p or the pretiest, or no-theme.
At the end of the decks travels the postcards belong to the deck.

just an idea :D