benefits of being an aeclectic subscriber?

euripides

I'm thinking of joining Aeclectic as a subscriber, since I'm going to be doing a bit of Tarot research and I enjoy the community here. I'm wondering how others find it - what benefits to you get out of being a subscriber, was it worth the fee?

Of course, I realise that nothing in life is free, and since I visit here often, I think its good to 'give back' something towards the bandwidth and expertise that keep the site running and popup-advert-free.

cheers
Euri

inanna_tarot

euripides said:
Of course, I realise that nothing in life is free, and since I visit here often, I think its good to 'give back' something towards the bandwidth and expertise that keep the site running and popup-advert-free.

Those were the only reasons that I had for becoming a subscriber. Course theres all the nifty things like your own avatar and by line, more space for private messages etc. But that wasnt why I first paid my subscription, and why I continue to pay it.
I do it because I love this community, and as I can afford to give, I do :)

Sezo
x

Alta

Hi,

Well, here is the 'technical' list of benefits.

What benefits do I get as a subscriber?

When you order a subscription, you receive, in addition to the standard free membership...

* Chances to Win Tarot Prizes
* Access to Extra Forums
* Access to Professional Tarot
* Ability to Post Advertisements
* Custom User Title
* Forum Filter
* Profile Pictures
* More Storage For Private Messages
* Who's Online & Private Message Tracking
* Attachments, Polls & Thread Ratings
* Community Projects
* Free Email Address *subscriptions of 12 months or more
* Free Tarot eBook *subscriptions of 12 months or more

I like having access to all of the Forums and the increased sense of belonging to the community.

Shaymus

I agree with the others. I view AT as my library and living university and my community. The site is THE best forum I've ever been in, well run and a really supportive atmosphere.

As Marion pointed out, there are soooo many benefits of subscribing.

Solandia makes it run beautifully (I'm sure that is hard work) and the moderators are always there to help and give insight and to keep the various forums on track and on topic. The whole community here is a beautiful thing, meeting others who have a desire to learn and share this most wonderful adventure. I felt the need to contribute to it, monetarily.

Someone asked me, what's the best book on learning the Tarot.....I gave them the address to this site.

Shaymus

MeeWah

The immeasureable resources represented by Aeclectic Tarot unique & not to be found any where else.

That singular characteristic a testament to its ongoing efforts towards maintaining *quality* on the subject of Tarot; underscores its forefront presence on the subject of Tarot.

Along with some other members, been in a position to see Aeclectic Tarot grow from its relatively small beginnings as this single forum, Talking Tarot, to what now exists.

Aeclectic Tarot could not have developed & grown without the interest & contributions of its members to support the vision of its creator, Solandia. Along with member participation in discussions, subscription & donations assist in ensuring the Aeclectic Tarot entity maintained in a quality manner most appropriate for not only the general public, but for those who have more than a passing interest.

Bad_Calvin

I want to become a subsriber I just have to wait until I have extra cash. I use to build and maintain website communities (simular to this one, just different topic). There is a lot of expense and the upkeep is immense to keep the content moving and interesting. A donation is just saying "hey.. great job". Unfortunately, I just don't have much cash to say "hey great job", even though it is what I am thinking. It is to bad that I could not help in some way with the site other then with cash.

Anyway, if you can afford it, I think it is a great compliment and the perks are pretty cool. You will be able to get that much more out of the site.

jmd

Perhaps I ask different questions, but I do not ask myself what the benefits are, but whether I wish to support this (or any other) endeavour.

Personally, even if there were no additional forums or other benefits, I would still subscribe simply as a way of contributing to an endeavour I wish to support.

WolfSpirit

I have been a subscriber ever since Aeclectic started having subscriptions.
Everyday I check the Chat forum, it gives you the chance to get to know people in a different way and you can talk about things that have nothing to do with tarot.

Also (although I have not used it yet) there is a forum where you can post your readings, where only other subscribers can see it - for subjects you would not want to be visible for everyone.

Those would be the biggest advantages for me.

shelikes2read

I've found the Professional Tarot forum to be an invaluable resource, as I've only relatively recently decided to go the pro route to supplement my income.

I wouldn't have known where to begin, but I've found excellent advice in that forum. It's also helpful to be able to bounce some ideas off people who've already got experience in the field, as there's no one whom I could ask questions of face-to-face.

For that alone, I'd have subscribed. But also, I wanted to support the rest of the forums, because I make so much use of them.

AJ

I am very new, but subscribed because I like to support what if find useful, I believe in paying my way, and I know that you get out of something what you put into it.

I also admire how well this forum is run and how well it works. I've used and left a number of them because the software is pitiful, you couldn't search archives if you had a week to try, or the posts are overloaded with sigs making it impossible for those on dial-up to use, or flame wars are the standard. This is a very well run board and I appreciate it and hope to learn and grow here for a very long time.

I saw a thread awhile back on donated subscriptions, many of the people asking for a subscription had a gazillion decks :) ....

Thank you to the powers behind the scenes.