benefits of being an aeclectic subscriber?

firemaiden

I subscribe so I can get the cool star by my name :D }) :D

Shaymus

Bad_Calvin said:
Unfortunately, I just don't have much cash to say "hey great job", even though it is what I am thinking. It is to bad that I could not help in some way with the site other then with cash.

Well, you already do. By contributing insight to others, we help each other to grow. Priceless.

Shaymus

Sulis

Bad_Calvin said:
I want to become a subsriber I just have to wait until I have extra cash. I use to build and maintain website communities (simular to this one, just different topic). There is a lot of expense and the upkeep is immense to keep the content moving and interesting. A donation is just saying "hey.. great job". Unfortunately, I just don't have much cash to say "hey great job", even though it is what I am thinking. It is to bad that I could not help in some way with the site other then with cash.

Anyway, if you can afford it, I think it is a great compliment and the perks are pretty cool. You will be able to get that much more out of the site.

Hi Bad Calvin,

Why don't you nominate yourself for a gift subscription?

Take a look at this thread in Tech Support: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=26892

You're just as elligible as anyone else :)
I had a gift subscription once - makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

MeeWah

jmd said:
...Personally, even if there were no additional forums or other benefits, I would still subscribe simply as a way of contributing to an endeavour I wish to support.

Strongly agree. All about putting one's resources where one's mouth is. & the heart, too :)

Elven

AT has given me so many unique opportunities, not only here 'on the screen' but has reached out and touched my life personally in such a way that I never thought possible!

Since joining I have re-connected with others of similar interests, found other AT'ers in my neighbourhood, had the courage to start reading professionally again (a year + now :)), made many friends and become creatively inspired and encouraged with love and honesty, recovered myself when I thought I was lost ... in the last couple of months I have met the most beautiful people from across the world, and across the State, had the honour to have the AT travelling world deck in my hands .... amazing!

I notice you also live in NSW!! :) WOOHOO!!

and just to mention ... my first subscription was a gift - and what a gift by a generous person here on AT ... and that is what it is about this place ... the souls that make up the AT community ... the wealth of contributions both on the boards, from Solandia, quality and quantity!! The giving and recieving - its infectious! LOL!! :D

Subscription is worth it!
Blessings
Elven x

Tara2007

I agree with giving back to those who make this site possible in any way we can. The small fee I pay is well worth the knowledge and pleasant conversation I get from the membership. I've been to other sites, and I think this one has them all beat.

Tara2007

And yes, Firemaiden, I think the star is a pretty neat perk too, lol

Grizabella

I didn't even notice the star till just now when firemaiden mentioned it. How ungrateful can I be! :p

Membership is like the difference between just chatting with a neighbor when you see them in the checkout line at the grocery store to being on the kind of terms where you can go to their house every morning for coffee. :D

fairyhedgehog

For me it's the Chat forum. I love meeting people in chat, and I would hate to miss out on that. I do love reading the Professional section too, though.

When I first subscribed it was to keep a place going that I already loved, when Solandia made the decision to keep it ad-free by introducing subscriptions. I was glad that she was able to keep so much of it available without subscription but for me there was no question about subscribing.

I did let my subscription lapse when I left for a while (when I lost interest in tarot) but all the time I'm here, I like being part of the whole community.

siouxj73

AT is such a wonderful place filled with such wonderful people! I have grown immeasurably in tarot since I found the site less than 12 months ago - how could I possibly not subscribe?