Buckland Romani Study

strings of life

Sulis, thank you for the PM about Madame Squee's message!

Hey aurarcana,

I'm very interested in reviving the study group.
Your post is timely! I had to re-order the companion book because I misplaced mine. It just arrived this week. The easiest $4 I've spent in a log time ;).

Let's get this study going again. I'd love to join you.

I've been coming back to the Buckland Romani Tarot for about 12 years. I purchased it for the first time at a metaphysical bookstore. The Llewellyn box grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I purchased it without even seeing the cards. These days, my reading deck is the Galde edition sans the titles, which I trimmed off. The Galde matte finish is lovely and not having to see the card titles encroaching on Lissanne Lake's beautiful artwork is a huge bonus.

I don't follow companion books exactly, but I wanted the book since it describes the symbolism of each card thoroughly and even includes color symbolism, something that I use regularly in readings.

It's a deck that I have always been drawn to--the artwork, the gypsy history and heritage--but I have never really worked with it. Maybe I'm drawn to it now since it is Spring and we Summer is quickly approaching.

According to the index thread, only the 8 of Chivs has been covered so far, and I'd love to to get started on more Chivs.

There are a few cards that have been covered in the Index thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=526517

I normally work through a deck randomly, but I wouldn't mind working on a suit with someone and seeing where our studies go.

I can start on Friday :).

ETA: I'll send you a PM so that you know that I posted here.

ETA: I'm going to start with the Minors (Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles) and then do the Majors. In order.

Quester

This is one of my favorite decks!! I would like to try being a part of this revival group!!

strings of life

This is one of my favorite decks!! I would like to try being a part of this revival group!!
[big smile]

Start wherever you like or feel free to chime in whenever you are able to.

Madame Squee

Hi Madame Squee,

Just dive in and start posting - I've found that people often just join in when someone does that :).
Thank you, Sulis.

I would have plunged in already this morning, but I had to make an emergency visit to the vet. My cat, B'Tor is absolutely not a scrapper -- she runs at the first hint of trouble, but she came in today with several scratches after her morning outing. The cattery we've been planning to do someday is now a priority. My poor kitty!!! :(

Madame Squee

Sulis, thank you for the PM about Madame Squee's message!

Your post is timely! I had to re-order the companion book because I misplaced mine. It just arrived this week. The easiest $4 I've spent in a log time ;).

Let's get this study going again. I'd love to join you.
Yay! I'm so excited to get going!

I don't follow companion books exactly, but I wanted the book since it describes the symbolism of each card thoroughly and even includes color symbolism, something that I use regularly in readings.
Yes, there is a lot of good info on color -- and gems, too. I've been using my book like a journal, keeping pencil notes in it.

It's a deck that I have always been drawn to--the artwork, the gypsy history and heritage--but I have never really worked with it. Maybe I'm drawn to it now since it is Spring and we Summer is quickly approaching.
This is the deck I would grab on my way to a desert island. Gypsy history and culture is fascinating to me, and I believe these cards are infused with it -- and magic, too.

There are a few cards that have been covered in the Index thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=526517

I normally work through a deck randomly, but I wouldn't mind working on a suit with someone and seeing where our studies go. I'm game to start with Chivs.

I can start on Friday :).
Thank you -- I usually don't choose a suit either but I really like the images in the Chivs, and only the 8 is up there. I may post something yet today. I hope so.

ETA: I'll send you a PM so that you know that I posted here.
Thank you. I'm super stoked about this study!

Also, here's a picture of the 7 of Swords from both the Llewellyn and Galde Press editions. There's a dramatic difference between title and no-title in this particular card. The Llewellyn titles are okay as titles go -- I've certainly seen worse, but I always prefer cards without them. :D

Attachments

• BRT - 7s.jpg
    BRT - 7s.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 76

strings of life

Okay, my deck is in order and I'm ready to go.

My notebook is set aside as well.

ETA: I just created a thread about the use seasons in the deck, so I'm going to start with the Bolers (Wheels). That can change--meaning I may just start working with cards randomly)--but I'd like to see if I find working through the seasons in order rewarding or not.

It's spring, soon to be summer in my parts. How fitting :).

KristinCali

I got my hands on the 1st edition deck a few months ago and I'm thrilled! It's becoming my absolute favorite. My readings with it are very informative.

It seems like every once in a while this group becomes active then fades off. I'm hoping to give it a spark! I've started the 2 and 3 of Chivs and added comments on some majors. Hope to see some activity soon :)