Buckland Romani Study

sharpchick

Are the cards different in the new version?

ETA: Never mind on that. . . I just found and read the thread where the differences are described.

Disa

Cerulean said:
...I'm not certain if there is interest...but some of us at AT have the new version...

Shall we try to check out what has been posted and add to it?

Cerulean

I'm ready to start going through the posts and see what I can learn and/ or add. I hope others will join in as there are several cards not posted about yet.

D

Cerulean

How lovely!

I'm taking the Buckland Romani on a short trip away to study and savor it. I think there's a summer feel to it that will be good for this Gypsy Cerulean Mari

I'll be back next week and happy to explore the posts and threads again.

Cerulean

Disa

Yep it's definitely a deck to be savored. I can't believe how gorgeous it is. It actually shimmers. I hadn't thought of it as having a sumery feel to it, but now that I think about it, you are definitely right. (THough I was anticipating taking mine outside in the evenings to see it shimmer in the moonlight )

Have a great trip, and if you see I am slacking off, don't hesitate to give me a push... off a cliff if need be :)

Dancing Bear

OK Bumping this thread, I have only just received this deck and am eager to study it a little more..
with christmas around the corner i dont know how dedicated i can be in posting.. but i am definantly studying this deck regardless..
I think this is going to be another deck i am going to be able to read with otehr than the druidcraft. As I do find it very hard to find a deck that speaks to me. I have bought so many and have only found 2 Tarot decks that can do it.. I am in the hope this is the 3rd.
I have a good guess that it will be.

I am also interested more so in the pips than the majors, maybe other than the hanged man which is rather unusual and cleverly done with the hanging rabbit..
Just LOVE the Lovers too!!

anway i hope someone else is interested in studying with me.. as it is always nicer to have some others to go on the journey too!!

strings of life

I'm reviving this thread which hast been posted in nearly a year.

I'm going through a strange time, one of many changes and my current version of this deck came to me my accident. I was studying another deck, and still want to, but that deck is not a good fit for right now. This Study Group is wonderful. I've loved readinght Mi-Shell and Disa's posts. What has sparked my interest is my curiousity about why some of the same characters appear in several of the Majors: is the woman in the Magician card also the same woman in the Lovers and The World; is the man in The Emperor also in Justice; is the man in the Hierophant also in the Lovers? I think so!

Is anyone else reading with the Buckland Romani (any version) right now?

strings of life

2 1/2 years since my last post.

Funny now we come back to certain decks. This is one I always meant to spend more time with.

I misplaced my companion book and have a used one on the way to me (for a measly $4 from Goodwill).

Is anyone else interested in attempting to revive this Study Group and cover more cards?

Madame Squee

Hey aurarcana,

I'm very interested in reviving the study group.

I've been coming back to the Buckland Romani Tarot for about 12 years. I purchased it for the first time at a metaphysical bookstore. The Llewellyn box grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I purchased it without even seeing the cards. These days, my reading deck is the Galde edition sans the titles, which I trimmed off. The Galde matte finish is lovely and not having to see the card titles encroaching on Lissanne Lake's beautiful artwork is a huge bonus.

According to the index thread, only the 8 of Chivs has been covered so far, and I'd love to to get started on more Chivs.

Sulis

Hey aurarcana,

I'm very interested in reviving the study group.

I've been coming back to the Buckland Romani Tarot for about 12 years. I purchased it for the first time at a metaphysical bookstore. The Llewellyn box grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I purchased it without even seeing the cards. These days, my reading deck is the Galde edition sans the titles, which I trimmed off. The Galde matte finish is lovely and not having to see the card titles encroaching on Lissanne Lake's beautiful artwork is a huge bonus.

According to the index thread, only the 8 of Chivs has been covered so far, and I'd love to to get started on more Chivs.
Hi Madame Squee,

Just dive in and start posting - I've found that people often just join in when someone does that :).