cards to indicate being on someones mind

willowfox

Lovers for romantic thoughts.

Devil for fanatical or obsessive thoughts.

Knight cups would probably be fantasizing about you.

YDM42

I've seen this come up when someone was juggling thoughts, thinking about how to 'handle" a physical or financially limiting situation- involving the person.

omnislashed said:
Could you elaborate on the Two of Pentacles, YDM42? I've always personally interpreted the Two/Pents as the "distracted with several issues unrelated to the matter at hand" card. I'm curious for alternatives.

lilly23

hi

nisba- You're really saying: what if a client asked you to tread the mind of someone who isn't there.

I don't believe we can do that, not without the absent person's express permission
no iam talking in gerneral not snoopin in one mind if someone asked if someone was thinking of them which card would indicate that one was thinking about someone im not so sure you would require permission for this
its all in general not invading ones mind just for learning the cards better and hearing others thoughts on the cards

ydm42- intresting :) thanks

willowfox yeah i kind of thought of the devil would be obcessing and lovers so would indicate romanic thoughts and knight cups yeah i suppose this knight is kind of day dreamy is he not :) thanks

omislashed i never thought of the two pents i would seen this as juggling things in ones life even people situations :) but yeah could also be juggling thoughts
6 swords i always thought of this card as moving on from difficult time or emotions :) yeah i agree with 6 cups the 6 wands never thought of it that way

goldenmoon yeah i suppose any of the swords could indicate bein on ones mind mabe nt the 4 swords though i wonder

heavenscent all the help the better thanks :)

godess yeah i agree with you also the moon would it be thoughts along the lines of confushion over one ?
thanks all helps :)

lucky star

Devil, Moon, Lovers, High Priestess, Hierophant, 7 of Cups, King of Swords, any Knight, any Page.

PentQueen

I've always thought the 4 of cups and 4 of swords were good indicators of being on someone's mind, with all of the focused meditating involved.

lucky star

lucky star said:
Devil, Moon, Lovers, High Priestess, Hierophant, 7 of Cups, King of Swords, any Knight, any Page.

Oh, and I forgot to say King of Cups as well.

nisaba

lilly23 said:
hi all iam wondering if someone asked for a reading and asked you to tell them if they were on someones mind
iam intrested to know which cards do you think would be a good indication of this ??
I'd ask them if they had the other person's permission to read on them; or I'd tell them that I'd need to have the other person there or at least their permission to read on them. A reading is all about what's going on for the querent: what's happening in *their* mind, in *their* life. I'm okay with them asking about other people in the sense of "how should I deal with so-and-so", but not in the sense of "what is so-and-so thinking" which is essentially what was being asked here.

Even if you're okay with being sneaky (and this rates right down there with doing through somebody's mobile phone or emails to find out the same information, in my view), the cards can only connect with someone who's being read for, so any question s about people who don't even k now they're being read about let alone willing to be read about tend to be inaccurate at best, and only ever correct by accident.

WaterSong

nisaba said:
I'd ask them if they had the other person's permission to read on them; or I'd tell them that I'd need to have the other person there or at least their permission to read on them. A reading is all about what's going on for the querent: what's happening in *their* mind, in *their* life. I'm okay with them asking about other people in the sense of "how should I deal with so-and-so", but not in the sense of "what is so-and-so thinking" which is essentially what was being asked here.

Even if you're okay with being sneaky (and this rates right down there with doing through somebody's mobile phone or emails to find out the same information, in my view), the cards can only connect with someone who's being read for, so any question s about people who don't even k now they're being read about let alone willing to be read about tend to be inaccurate at best, and only ever correct by accident.

The cards can be used to read on just about anything.....the only limits that we put are the ones we create ourselves.
I had a friend that was an amazing reader, very successful, that used them to find lost items in her house ...she did not need the items permission to find out where they were. She was also a psychic and helped the police to find lost people and to solve crimes....she did not ask for permission to the victims to see if they wanted to be found or saved....or to a murderer if it was ok to try and see where he/she was hiding.

Life is not that black and white....nor we all share the same beliefs.

I think people should be free to experiment with the Tarot any way they want.....I have noticed that you have a tendency to set quite some limits about what the cards can do and not do, including telling about physical appearance. They actually can.

Unless you use them as a weapon on someone's head ( a pack of cards I guess) there is no rule as to how to use them, just different opinions and approaches.

Cheers

starrystarrynight

I find this question usually comes up in the context of: "I like this guy, and I want to know if he likes me back" or: "This guy and I broke up, and I want to know if he still thinks about me (which translates to: "I like this guy, and I want to know if he likes me back" :).) If I sense that is the reason for a question like that, I usually try to help the querent formulate a better question about the possible or potential future relationship between them and/or its basis or effects on her, as querent.

SunChariot

For me the 10 of Swords. Swords for me are our thuoghts and the 10 is the most you can have of the element of the suit. It means thinking of something (or someone ) A LOT! Like you can't get it/them out of your mind.

Babs