Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 248 : April 30 - May 6

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here for April- June.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Epic Tarot
2. Scarlet Woodland - Illuminated Tarot & Chrysalis Tarot
3. TreeLeafe - Crystal Visions Tarot & Oracle of the Mermaids
4. Green Faerie - Green Witch Tarot
5. RiverRunsDeep - Sacred Circle Tarot & Messenger Oracle
6. BodhiSeed - Transformational Tarot & Celtic Book of the Dead
7. Madame Squee - Parallel Worlds Tarot & Vintage Lenormand
8. jema - Stretch Tarot
9. desertrat - Baroque Bohemian Cats & (later) Dreaming Way Tarot
10. journeyinghome - Whispering Tarot
11. strings of life - Glitter Starlight Illuminated Pocket deck & Morgan's Tarot

VGimlet

This week may be my last one with a brand new Tarot deck for awhile - as long as none of my pre-orders or kickstarter rewards come in the next week or so. :p

I'll be using the Epic tarot for the week ahead.

Scarlet Woodland

I'm hopping back to the original Illuminated Tarot this week... did have other plans for my second deck but in the mood for lots of colour so it's the Chrysalis Tarot for me :)

DaughterOfDanu

Woo another week! I'll be changing things up with the Crystal Visions Tarot and Oracle of the Mermaids
It will be a struggle to part with the Tarot of Trees but I could use a break.

Green Faerie

Another week on the Green Witch Tarot for me. I managed to do a deck interview and Pollack's Spread for the Fool this week, and I'm finding the deck to be very gentle. Not untruthful, but just gentle and compassionate with truth - this is not a deck that handles you roughly or sharply, at least not so far. :)

Edit/Additional thought: I pulled out my copy of The Pickwick Papers yesterday, just because I was in the mood for some Dickens, and I think Mr. Pickwick would have to be the Fool in a Dickens deck. His character arc is perfect for it. :)

RiverRunsDeep

Moving on to the Sacred Circle tarot this week. I've had this deck for years (possibly decades!!) and haven't yet given it a proper chance.

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Transformational Tarot paired with the Celtic Book of the Dead.
Thanks VGimlet! :heart:

Madame Squee

Please sign me up with the Parallel Worlds Tarot. My daughter ordered this deck for my Mothers Day gift and inexplicably told me to open it when it arrived on Monday -- after making me pledge that I wouldn't open it until May 8. So, who am I to argue?? :D

Also, the Vintage Lenormand, please.

Thanks, VG! :love:

jema

Stretch

I did enjoy the Epic, then read the review here and they got it all wrong. the deck does have 78 cards and a fool, so no idea what solandia was on about there...

This week I am going back to Stretch tarot. I know I 'should' pick one of my unloved and never done decks but meh...

desertrat

This week I will be finishing up with the Baroque Bohemian Cats and then will move on to the Dreaming Way Tarot.