Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 248 : April 30 - May 6

DaughterOfDanu

Thanks for asking. :) My trouble is a matter of personal preference. I like to read my oracles intuitively, but I have to rely on the companion book for my Messengers deck. The readings make perfect sense when I refer to the book, but I wish the cards would spark my intuition more. Maybe my frustration with the Sacred Circle deck is carrying over to the oracle cards! :p **sigh** I'm not ready to give up on the Messenger oracle, so I think I will put it aside for now and try again at a later date.

Ah I can totally understand. It feels so limiting when you have to keep the guidebook handy just to understand the connection to yourself or whoever the reading is for.

I don't have that issue with the Messengers Oracle, but felt similar about the Oracle of the Mermaids I worked with this week. Some cards I look at and even with the titles/subtitles don't get how it can apply and have to skim the guidebook.

I'm glad you're not closing the door on it entirely :) It can be fun returning to a deck you've struggled with to find one day it's much more talkative. It's why I struggle to sell any of my decks that I don't connect with. I feel there's always the chance my feelings to it might change.

VGimlet

The new DOTW thread for the coming week is here

Although the sun :TSUN is out my power seems to be having issues, so I'm making this quick!

RiverRunsDeep

Can't believe it's that time already! The Sacred Circle companion book is chock-full of interesting info about pagan mythology and lore, but it didn't help with my readings or connection with the deck. Will be moving on...