Do you throw out tarot deck boxes?

Carla

jgoreham said:
I I don't plan to go crazy-go-nuts collecting decks, though- I'd like to keep my collection modestly sized, and a mostly working collection.

Everybody says that. ;) I said it when I had 3 decks. Eight months on, I've got 17. *shrug* I'm enjoying myself, life is short, why not! :)

jgoreham

Carla said:
Everybody says that. ;) I said it when I had 3 decks. Eight months on, I've got 17. *shrug* I'm enjoying myself, life is short, why not! :)

I'm probably one devastating life-event away from being a candidate for Hoarders so you really shouldn't encourage me! ;) Right now I'm too poor to really seriously collect anyway (besides, managing collections is what I do for a day job at the museum where I work, so that lets me work that out of my system *reasonably* well). The only other deck or two or three on my list are pretty mundane and not really at risk of going out of print any time soon so I don't anticipate going off the deep end in the immediate future :)

AmethystEyes

I have all my boxes, but of course I don't have tarot bags for my decks....so I guess my comment is moot :p

Libra8ca

I keep all the smaller boxes (including the LWB,- initially I threw out the LWB but have decided to hang on to them now- not that I ever look at them :p). The larger "kit boxes" I throw out as they take up too much space and I find them impractical.

Hathor

My decks live in tarot bags, and I have all the original boxes in a bin. I just flatten them all and create small stacks and in the bin they go. I couldn't throw out the boxes, I feel the deck is not complete if there isn't a box for it.

kfk

too many decks?

I keep the boxes but then I like to shelf my collection.But I smiled at the notion of a modest collection. My husband recently ask me if I now had enough decks. My look was one of total disbelief. I was speechless. A rare occurance. He hanged his head and ducted out of the room.

EarthFaery

NorthernTigress said:
I keep most of my decks in bags. However, I don't get rid of the boxes. I keep them in case I end up trading. So it's kind of weird. I have a collection of decks in one location, and a collection of empty boxes in another.

Ditto :) but I rarely trade

alesia

I tossed the boxes to my RWS and Shadowscapes both because they were big and clunky and impractical and because I have no intention of ever getting rid of them. My other three decks live in their deck-sized boxes with the LWB, whose primary purpose seems to be keeping cards from catching on that little flap on the bottom. The RWS lives in a wooden box from a second-hand shop and the Shadowscapes lives on a silk scarf inside a purple-and-blue stained glass butterfly box. I suppose if I ever have to travel with either, it'll have to live in a sock for the duration, because I have yet to find (or make) a tarot bag I like... and I have tried!

Nickigirl

When I've gotten new decks I've been throwing out the boxes and putting them in bags but now the excitement of a new purchase has worn off and I'd like to sell/trade/give away 2 decks, I wish I had the boxes to give too. Although I do keep the LWBs even though I rarely look through them!

turtlebite

So far I still have them all and probably will as long as I have room. Two of the larger llewellyn boxes are holding two decks each inside smaller boxes. I did throw out the outer box of the Fenestra, but not the inner box. My original rider-waite is the only deck in a bag because the box was awkward. My shadowscapes outer box was broken down and stored and the deck is wrapped in cloth inside the inner box.

I guess I'm just making it up as I go along.