Emperor

Juniper Thoughts

I keep getting the Emperor for the past week to describe a guy I like who likes me back, but is not an Emperor type. In fact, he's pretty wishy washy.

Part of the reading looked like this:

2 of Cups/Emperor/Devil

I am questioning the Emperor, how it fits in. The 2 of Cups tells me he feels a connection but that the Devil says that he is lustful or tempted or may feel his feelings are wrong but he can't stop.

Any ideas about the emperor?

Joy & Happiness,
JT

Lorraine1100

It can be a man who finds it difficult to express his emotions and keeps them in check.

Does he wear a uniform for his job?

Juniper Thoughts

Yes, he is having difficulties expressing his feelings to me. Thank you, that describes him perfectly to me.

Btw, he does not wear a uniform.

Tiggy-cat

Hmm, *could be* a guy who seems rather meek on the surface but enjoys a bit of the old "B & D" when he's getting intimate? ;)

Just the first thing that popped into my mind w/this combo, it may not apply at all here!

Juniper Thoughts

Hmm, *could be* a guy who seems rather meek on the surface but enjoys a bit of the old "B & D" when he's getting intimate? ;)

Just the first thing that popped into my mind w/this combo, it may not apply at all here!

Both could very well be possible. The man in question drives himself crazy to see me yet runs from me when he does. He does seem meek, even scared of me. I get a sense he feels that I am pure temptation to him, like he is doing wrong but can't help himself. I feel like he thinks himself a wild animal, and his lack of inhibition scares him, forces him to not express himself to me.

caridwen

The Two of Cups is overshadowed by the two Majors. The Devil combined with the Emperor may be someone who needs to be in control. Someone posessive, who takes boundaries to the extreme.

You describe him as wishy washy. It would help to know why you think the Emperor is him. Can't women be in control,have boundaries,have their own empires etc or is that realm only for men? Do you have strict gender definitions? Do you expect him to act a certain way because he is male?

If the cards are for his feelings then I think he feels an emotional connection but it is overshadowed by the Emperor and Devil.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

Greetings, all, this is a quick reminder that whenever you list cards from a reading, you need to offer your thoughts on what they might mean. A short, wild guess will do :D

So, Juniper, could you add such thoughts to your OP regarding your 2/Cups, Emperor and Devil combo? What do you think it might be telling you?

Juniper Thoughts

Greetings, all, this is a quick reminder that whenever you list cards from a reading, you need to offer your thoughts on what they might mean. A short, wild guess will do :D

So, Juniper, could you add such thoughts to your OP regarding your 2/Cups, Emperor and Devil combo? What do you think it might be telling you?

I edited my original post as per your request.

caridwen

I edited my original post as per your request.

What are you asking when you get these three cards?

How does he feel about me? What is the situation? etc et al.

The Devil doesn't mean 'lust' that's a very one dimensional view. The Emperor combined with the Devil can be quite abusive. This man may come across as 'wishy washy' because he is trying to control you through mind games. It's very common for abusers to play hot and cold at the beginning of a relationship.

The Emperor is a card of patriarchy, control, boundaries and the Devil can be a card of the darker sides of human nature. This can involve abuse.

nisaba

I keep getting the Emperor for the past week to describe a guy I like who likes me back, but is not an Emperor type. In fact, he's pretty wishy washy.

I am questioning the Emperor, how it fits in.

Perhaps it's the energy he needs to develop in his life.