Favorite Cat-Themed Deck

Juliana

Okay, this thread very well might tank, but I'm taking that chance. I'm tempted to get a cat-themed deck, but there are so very many. Pagan Cats, Cat's Eye, Medieval Cats, Baroque Cats, and more. Anyone fall in love with a cat deck? And if so, which one? I'd love to hear about it.

merissa_88

BBC is an easy deck to love. At first I was put off by the whole "cats in costumes" thing, but I've grown to love it in a very short time.

Cat's Eye is surprisingly good. It really does depict kitty behaviors.

I had Pagan Cats but traded it. I have to admit the mini version does look really cute.

And this might be too weird, but Tarot of the Cat People is really fun in a '70's sci- fi funk kind of way.

Hope you find your perfect kitty deck (yes, I avoided the pun).

VGimlet

I also like the Bohemian Cats, and usually I am not a fan of animals in costume either, but this deck trancends that genre.

Another deck I like is the Black Cat tarot, the one that was published privately by the artist - but it is a pips only deck.

Cat's Eye is excellent, very realistic cats. Pagan Cats I also liked, for a cat-themed deck. Don't be put off by the pagan designation.

magpie9

All Cats Are Pagan. ;)

baylys

I luffs my Cat's eye deck.

karenquilter

Cat themed decks that I own:
Cat's Eye
Baroque Bohemian Cats
Tarot of the Cat People (this was the beginning of my tarot deck collection)
Halloween Tarot (has a black cat in every card)
I Gatti (mini)
I Gatti Buffi (mini)
Chat du Marseille
Tarot for Cats

The last 4 are majors only decks.

My favorite? Tarot for Cats. They're all good, but this one made me burst out laughing when I saw it in the store.
K

pink daliha

Tarot of Pagan Cats. It resonates with me in a way that feels straightforward, but gentle. I like the artwork the best and the way different cats are depicted.

Theta Choir

I purchased the Medieval Cat Tarot over a year ago, and my first reaction was not extremely positive. The colors were very muted, and the minor arcana was not fully illustrated (it's basically a pip card with a tiny illustration in the center). I put it away, disappointed.

However, I just recently took it back out of the box and, flipping through the deck, I found myself smiling. The fully illustrated major arcana cards are absolutely wonderful. And as for the minors, the seven of swords made me burst out laughing (the small illustration in the center depicts a cat "innocently" standing in front of an empty bird cage, feathers still flying in the air).

Now that I know the meanings of the minor arcana cards, the tiny and non-standard imagery featured on the Medieval Cat Tarot isn't as big of a turnoff anymore. I found that the "condensed" imagery was enough to jar my memory of the card's meaning. I think I'm going to start using the deck a lot more. It really does have it's own sort of charm.

I don't have the Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot yet, but it's on my wish list!

MountainGirl

I also like the Tarot of Pagan Cats (It's the only Cat deck I own). It depicts cats being catlike and doing cat things and it amazes me how you can portrait the decidedly human experience reflected in Tarot without anthropomorphizing the cats.

But then, I'm a cat person and would probably like any deck with cats in it :)

Bright Blessings,
MountainGirl

WooMonkey

I can positively recommend the Medieval Cat Tarot, and Tarot of the Cat People.
:)