Favorite Cat-Themed Deck

karenquilter

Speaking of not-serious decks, there's the "Hello Tarot" (aka the Hello Kitty Tarot, not the licensed one). I got a bootlegged deck on ebay a while back, it's a lot of fun. RWS style cards with Hello Kitty figures.
K

Annabelle

By far, my favorite cat tarot is the Baroque Bohemian Cats deck. It is beautiful, richly detailed, and most importantly, reads well for me (i.e. it's a very usable, readable deck).

I love the art of the Cat's Eye tarot, but have not been able to read with it successfully.

Miss Divine

The Baroque Bohemian Cats is my favorite and always will be. I have no desire to purchase another cat themed deck, there is no comparison for me. Maybe I'm biased, but that was my first Tarot deck after trashing my very first Rider Waite yearsss ago. I saw it online in 2006 and just had to have it, (because I LOVE cats and can't imagine living without one). When I received it I loved it so much it made me wanna learn (finally).

SunChariot

Okay, this thread very well might tank, but I'm taking that chance. I'm tempted to get a cat-themed deck, but there are so very many. Pagan Cats, Cat's Eye, Medieval Cats, Baroque Cats, and more. Anyone fall in love with a cat deck? And if so, which one? I'd love to hear about it.

The Baroque Bohemian one, which i honestly have a terrible time remembering the name of. Sometimes I have to go look it up. I am always...is that the Baroque Bohemian Tarof or Bohemian Baroque...? My memory is not what it used to be, but a great deck all the same. :grin:

Babs

Morwenna

Are you going to make me have to choose between my Pagan Cats and my Cat's Eye? I love them both, for different reasons. Pagan Cats is RWS with cats as the actors, but in a feline way, and some of the imagery is wonderful. Cat's Eye is RWS without the overt symbolism, but with the meanings translated into everyday catlike actions. I find them both easy to read, and both have great artwork. (I use Cat's Eye to read for our cats!)

The only other cat deck I own is Cat People, which I also like, but it's different, even though the RWS symbolism is very clear.

If Tarot for Cats ever came out as a full deck, I'd want it. I'm waiting to see what Black Cats will be like. I just can't get behind BBC; as good as the art is, I don't care for cats in costumes pretending to be human. (But at least all the visible parts are feline! The calendars put out by the same people have cat heads but human hands! EEEWWW!!!)

Arania

There can never be too many cat decks! I made one (although to some it is not really tarot) and will probably do another down the line.

I love the Cat's Eye, the Kissa, and the White Cats. Oh and the Pagan Cats one.

I like the Cat People Tarot more for artwork than anything else, but I can also read with it well - for some things. It's more like a fantasy world with another cat based culture in it than a real cat deck though.