Has tarot replaced communication...

gregory

I am who knows what in Scorpio, and I don't CARE. I'll find out what will happen by living it..... Revolutionary thought..... and not even tarotical.

(still trying to find that thread; found one where a load of abuse was modded out - was that it ?)

214red

Umbrae said:
When we use Tarot to spy on Miley Cyrus (“it’s okay, she’s famous”), we’ve made a statement about ourselves. It’s not a good one.

If you spy on others, don’t get your panties in a tizzy when they spy on you.
Here’s a wheelbarrow to move them balls around.

I agree. But them “I spy if I choose and I’m 100% accurate” folks don’t stick around long do they…

The problem is the damage they do before they ‘leave’ (especially to the newbz). And - they are usally the first to throw trash at those who speak otherwise.
whats good for the goose should be good for the gander...

no-one is 100% accurate thats crock and its very funny when you see them folks fall on their a**, those cards can also throw you curve balls if they think your relying on them too much, seen it happen.

PS i had to google miley cirus....

Aerin

I don't do third party readings of the kind "what is x thinking/ feeling" either. So sue me :). Oh, and my pet hate "How can I make x love me/ do y."

I don't think it works anyway except to tell you what you think the other person is thinking, not that useful.

I agree about empowering questions, still think Joan Bunning's site is v. good on that.

(I haven't a clue what is in Scorpio btw.)

214red

gregory said:
I am who knows what in Scorpio, and I don't CARE. I'll find out what will happen by living it..... Revolutionary thought..... and not even tarotical.

(still trying to find that thread; found one where a load of abuse was modded out - was that it ?)
astrology saved me years in therapy so i am very thankful to knowing what i am, works for some peeps not for others...for me it helped.

saying that using tarot to help my relationship with my dad helped, i might have asked how my dad viewed something,or how to pitch the question to him, but i also did always ask him the question i asked the cards, it can help with insight sometimes

queenxofxwands

214red said:
Thanks Marina for the post!

i wish one deck would come out with a 'he/she doesnt give a damn about you' card, and a 'why you asking me again, i already told you' card
Lol, i dont think that would make a difference, would be way too easy to "misplace" those 2 , no, to fully convince the unconvinced there'd have to be whole seperate suit..but what to call it..
No, seriously though, it wouldnt make a difference to someone who refused to accept it.
Its a manual tool, great when used to help with a task, but its not by any means a mechanical device that will just step in and do everything for you.
It took me a while to realise that though, because at first i was just so amazed at how accurate it was, and it became so tempting to ask more and more questions. Then things turned sour in my life, and the more i asked, the more frustrated i became, why? Because i was stuck and i had just about given up, and i wanted to be told everything was ok, i even remember throwing them away from me and yelling why the hell arent you telling me what i want to hear?? Thats when i knew i was using it to AVOID communication.
Lol, THAT snapped me out of it. Got me off that pointless roundabout. Oh its definitely a form of escape from reality when you start doing that.
Now i use it to improve my communications. For example, my son was here on the weekend, he lives with his dad, and i could tell something was up but he wasnt saying much, so, i asked the cards what was going on, they answered perfectly and suggested i bring up the subject with him, which i immediately did, he was relieved that i just "knew", and now he is moving back in!!( yay!)
The tarot is like every card it contains, it has a good side and a bad side. The bad side will take over when you are depressed or insecure, the addictive side of it, i personally dont think it should be used when you feel that way, but i only know that from my experience, and yes, it was only at the beginning, if it runs your life, it simply means you dont want to take any responsibility for what you do, if you keep asking the same questions over and over and not getting real life confirmation, well, its just not reality is it. Best not to feed it i think. We live and learn.;)

MareSaturni

moderndayruth said:
Mars in Scorpio here... you don't wanna know! :p

Ohhh, i'm Mars in Scorpio too. And Pluto in Scorpio. And Mercury in Scoprio. That's why i'm so evil in my posts })

Umbrae said:
I agree. But them “I spy if I choose and I’m 100% accurate” folks don’t stick around long do they…

The problem is the damage they do before they ‘leave’ (especially to the newbz). And - they are usally the first to throw trash at those who speak otherwise.

It became a trend in the last years to just do what you want without no concerns for anything or anyone whatsoever. Because people post about their lives in facebook, orkut, myscape, twitter and where else, people think privacy doesn't exist anymore. And they proudly proclaim "i read for third-parties because i can". Or they justify that they need the knowledge in order to know how to act.

Who ever said that you are supposed to know how to act? Welcome to life, in which sometimes s**t happens and you just don't know.

The problem is that you don't use tarot to know if John uploaded a new photo to his facebook. You use it to probe into his emotion, learn his thoughts and all kind of things most of people would not like if it was done to themselves.

gregory said:
I was ? OK - when was this. My sig on another forum is "I do have a memory. It just doesn't work." Clearly....

Greg, here's the thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=123998

:D

gregory

Oh it WAS that one. Where it says that some flaming posts have been removed. I thought that was quite gentle really.... :D }) But have a tomato, my dear !

I couldn't agree more about privacy and the prostitution of personal data all over the place - but just because people are daft enough to spill all on facebook doesn't mean that there isn't something they would rather you didn't look at - and I think we have no right to look unless invited. Even using what we see on facebook to read about a third party with, "because it's there, so it is in the public domain", is tacky, IMHO.....

Anyone who looks under my bed without permission will be shot. (Though the tombstone will probably put you right off, anyway.... }))

Aerin

I still agree with myself. That's a relief (other thread). I am perhaps less relativist than I was, but it does depend on the specifics as to whether I would think "wrong" or "different view" and how strongly I would feel about whatever it was I said.

I did go through a patch of posting on Readings.

ps Moon and Neptune in Scorpio apparently http://alabe.com/ for what it's worth :D

SilentBreeze

I've gotten into the a habit of doing this as well, I'm not proud to say. But usually when I ask questions of Why didn't X respond, or What does X mean when he says Y, its usually out of a desperate state of mind, and the answers never really help, until I finally switch to questions that are more helpful and more about why I'm feeling this way.

I think that people don't communicate that well these days and that is more of the problem. Especially with text messaging now days, which is a big pet peeve for me. Because with just a few words to say something, and the ability to wait days to respond, you never know whats going on. Which why I started resorting to asking those kinds of questions. Usually I do ask people these questions first but most of the time I get vague replies which my gut always tells me its not the truth. And a lot of the times I wonder what the real reason is. I still thing its the best most helpful kinds of questions to ask, and most of the time the answer does nothing but confuse more. But every once in a while it does help keep me from worrying or wondering. Then again there's overkill with questions like what is this person thinking, or what are they feeling at this moment, which has never helped me in any way.

Yes it's not the best way to use tarot, but it still gets used that way.

gregory

Well - now I know.

But what do I know ?

Sun is in Scorpio.
Moon is in Aquarius.
Mercury is in Scorpio.
Venus is in Sagittarius.
Mars is in Scorpio.
Jupiter is in Virgo.
Saturn is in Cancer.
Uranus is in Gemini.
Neptune is in Libra.