Has tarot replaced communication...

cherryberry

moderndayruth said:
Again, it depends on the definition of a third party, but whomever is doing the dreaded dis-empowering & pseudo-mind-reading thing should be aware of the consequences... and there are consequences. The worst possible, in my believe, being the statement that it all is for entertainment purposes, hence everything is permitted. (Not having in mind professionals who used it as a disclaimer, its all another thing.) If its for entertainment only, and if anything is permitted - than its not a serious rapport, one (imo) is not a serious reader and can not neither expect nor deliver serious readings and results.
ETA

ok,this is only a thought I am pondering over (i am still with some of youse here, that questions pointed at non-present 3rd party persons :D arent ok - in my personal book) YET if the question gets asked and the cards answer....and one is of the believe that the higher self or spirit or so is the one that answers....is it ok to ask?

Maybe it does serve a purpose.

I have only started to explore it, as I am so strongly againts 3rd party reading - and then thought WHY am I against it?

What if the cards give the answer that helps the sitter just enough whats the right thing/way to react to the person?

As a preparation for the actual conversation. As once the querent had the reading they might remember it when they see the person again and react in light of that new knowlegde (consciously or unconsciously)

And that might have been the intention of the entity who provided the answers via the cards.

Nytebugg

I don't bother holding grudges over internet disagreements. we are just coming from two different opinions and I shouldn't have let my feelings get hurt.

moderndayruth

cherryberry said:
ok,this is only a thought I am pondering over (i am still with some of youse here, that questions pointed at non-present 3rd party persons :D arent ok - in my personal book) YET if the question gets asked and the cards answer....and one is of the believe that the higher self or spirit or so is the one that answers....is it ok to ask?

Maybe it does serve a purpose.

I have only started to explore it, as I am so strongly againts 3rd party reading - and then thought WHY am I against it?

What if the cards give the answer that helps the sitter just enough whats the right thing/way to react to the person?

As a preparation for the actual conversation. As once the querent had the reading they might remember it when they see the person again and react in light of that new knowlegde (consciously or unconsciously)

And that might have been the intention of the entity who provided the answers via the cards.
These are all great questions that deserve careful pondering on and thoughtful responses... which i am not capable of right now, but will do my best to come up with something at least remotely sensible... just give me a bit of time, as i had a *killer* day today (in a good way, but i am too tired, its like past midnight here and my brain is starting to give busy signal :( )

Nytebugg said:
I don't bother holding grudges over internet disagreements. we are just coming from two different opinions and I shouldn't have let my feelings get hurt.
Yes, absolutely - but i believe that if and when we define what we call what that we will find out we don't disagree that much at all... because if we did, we wouldn't be Tarot enthusiasts and wouldn't be having this great discussions, held for the sake of our own better understanding - we would be somewhere else selling black candles, no? ;)

ETA: by "absolutely" i mean that neither do i hold grudges over disagreements

Nytebugg

I guess i will explain how it has helped me.

I have asked how is S feeling today. If the cards are good I know when I call her, she will probably be upbeat and happy. If they are bad; I still call but I know before hand that I may have put on the supportive friend hat and listen to hours of my ex is a jerk and I hate my life.

or how does X feel about me? I already knew he cared for me but wanted to know more. I got a yes he cares but he is very blocked; do not approach this subject with him at this point. Okay, got it, let him be. I know now after getting to know X more that asking him would have been a dreadful idea for the relationship at that point. My other draw of where is this going never pointed to that; it showed potential and growth. That has happened; there has been growth.

cherryberry

moderndayruth said:
These are all great questions that deserve careful pondering on and thoughtful responses... which i am not capable of right now, but will do my best to come up with something at least remotely sensible... just give me a bit of time, as i had a *killer* day today (in a good way, but i am too tired, its like past midnight here and my brain is starting to give busy signal :( )

thanks, delighted you find them interesting as well - they kept me hooked since a few days :)

Good night :)

moderndayruth

Nytebugg said:

I have asked how is S feeling today. If the cards are good I know when I call her, she will probably be upbeat and happy. If they are bad; I still call but I know before hand that I may have put on the supportive friend hat and listen to hours of my ex is a jerk and I hate my life.
Thanks for the explanation, Nytebugg. But your intention was great here - you are a caring, loving and supportive friend AND after all, it is your own friend AND you have formed a third entity between the two of you - that's your friendship.

Nytebugg said:
or how does X feel about me? I already knew he cared for me but wanted to know more. I got a yes he cares but he is very blocked; do not approach this subject with him at this point. Okay, got it, let him be. I know now after getting to know X more that asking him would have been a dreadful idea for the relationship at that point. My other draw of where is this going never pointed to that; it showed potential and growth. That has happened; there has been growth.
I don't see a victim mentality here either, to me this is a relationship reading, not a third party.
So, that's the thing i had in mind - we should really state what we consider third party, again, i really think Irisa said it the best:
irisa said:
I draw a line in the sand when the question doesn't contain an I or me the minute the focus of the question becomes he/she/they. Once the focus of the reading turns away from the sitter onto someone else not present and therefore not consenting for me it's something I won't do.
Yours is a reading regarding someone you do know in RL and who obviously has feelings for you, you are asking how to make the existing relationship better, as i understand it - to me that is not a third party reading.

ETA
cherryberry said:
thanks, delighted you find them interesting as well - they kept me hooked since a few days :)
Thank you for sharing them with us!

cherryberry said:
Good night :)
Good night! :)

cherryberry

Nytebugg said:

ah yes, this is what I am getting at -if used for 'the good' and one actually does something with the info, I think it is not only reasonable - it also caring I think.

As often I get caught by surprise by the reaction of others, say one is in a very upbeat mood and calls a friend and they are very down, it might take a little bit to 'tune' into their mind set and come closer to their energy level, adjust.
If one knows before - it is easier to tune in and react quicker.

Now - I am not familiar with it, but dont some people to trancendental travel or so, or telepathy, where you connect with the spirit of someone else?

Tarot might just be a tool to help us do that *before* we are able to actually do telepathy :D (i am using probably the wrong words, english isnt my first language ;)

So - it is some other art of 'communication' my spirit contacts the spirit of the other person and they share what they feel like sharing :D

zan_chan

Hmm, Marina, I think you misunderstood just how sarcastic I was being. I agree with you completely actually...

Nytebugg

Does it become third party when we ask someone else to read for us on those same questions?

moderndayruth

Nytebugg said:
Does it become third party when we ask someone else to read for us on those same questions?
I think the actual question would be "what i need to know about my friend before calling them" and its coming from the place of love and caring,
to me its fine. Also, to stay on topic - i see it as a prelude to communication and it doesn't exclude the actual calling, so to me that's fine too. (Even if , in my opinion, somewhat unnecessary. ;))
ETA: at this point i am off to bed, seriously!:D