How does the Tarot work when reading for ourselves and for others.

gregory

TarotGirlUK said:
They do on one hand and don't on another, as far as I can see, bless them.
How very Jesuitical..... })

Oops. My apologies to any Jesuits here present..... :|

214red

sometimes we also find that that we believe evolves as we develop, often tarot is just the beginning it opens up soo many doors...and many more questions!

TarotGirlUK

gregory said:
How very Jesuitical..... })

Oops. My apologies to any Jesuits here present..... :|

What a jesuit?

I don't think there will be any JWs on here. When I told them I was a Pagan Tarot lover their concealed look of horror was quite funny ;0) In fact I enjoy our weekly 'battle of the beliefs'!

TarotGirlUK

214red said:
sometimes we also find that that we believe evolves as we develop, often tarot is just the beginning it opens up soo many doors...and many more questions!

But like there must be a reason that the earth began, musn't there be a reason the Tarot works? Can we not try and work it our by sharing our individual beliefs and see if they correlate in some aspect? :)

214red

TarotGirlUK said:
But like there must be a reason that the earth began, musn't there be a reason the Tarot works? Can we not try and work it our by sharing our individual beliefs and see if they correlate in some aspect? :)
you keep looking for consensus, and this isnt the place for it, spirituality in general wont do that for you. you need to find the answer that resonates with you .

its not that easy, there is no 100% answer, and if your looking for those in tarot then your onto a lost cause!

TarotGirlUK

214red said:
you keep looking for consensus, and this isnt the place for it, spirituality in general wont do that for you. you need to find the answer that resonates with you .

its not that easy, there is no 100% answer, and if your looking for those in tarot then your onto a lost cause!

Ah! I thought it might be interesting to try and work towards some unified theory. I am sure most people would like to find out 'what is really is' Don't be so quick to shun idea's. I wasn't asking for a consensus or asking every one to believe in the same thing, merely the idea of trying to see some sort of basis is the art of tarot that's all. It doesn't even have be be serious! I don't want to think the belief of one might stop anyone from trying :) even if we didn't come to any conclusions it would be interesting to see and try to correlate each individual belief to see if there is a unified theory beneath it That's all ;) Even is just a scientific terms. Become one as a group, in the process lol!

Nobody thought you could predict lottery numbers. But it turned out that a group of people COULD predict the numbers for the National Lottery and got them right! So why can''t we investigate the underlying influence of Tarot reading and NOT succeed? because of not wanting to tread on toes :D?

214red

you do know the lottery trick was just that a trick, he tried to pull it off my saying it was using the theory 'we are all one conciousness' however it was faked....he is a magician after all.

i am not shunning others ideas, i am just saying its personal choice.i know how it works for me, but when i started with tarot i didnt, tarot was a first step on a much wider path

gregory

TarotGirlUK said:
I don't agree actually. I am not at all sure we will ever "know" how and why the earth began (and I for one don't care that much })) nor am I sure there was any actual reason for it; I don't buy into intelligent design, or into a divine creation - and I am quite SURE there will never be a unified belief about how tarot works. For a start, it would have to include all the non-believers in the world - which would stop it dead in its tracks - or it won't be unified. As long as any difference of opinion is there, nothing can be said to be unified.

What I want to know MUCH more is why this matters so much to you ? It works for you - probably in a different way than it works for me - so....

Putting a cake in the oven makes it cook. I neither know nor care why. I'm sure others really need to understand it. I do not. I just want the cake to come out fit to eat.

TarotGirlUK

gregory said:
I don't agree actually. I am not at all sure we will ever "know" how and why the earth began (and I for one don't care that much })) nor am I sure there was any actual reason for it; I don't buy into intelligent design, or into a divine creation - and I am quite SURE there will never be a unified belief about how tarot works. For a start, it would have to include all the non-believers in the world - which would stop it dead in its tracks - or it won't be unified. As long as any difference of opinion is there, nothing can be said to be unified.

What I want to know MUCH more is why this matters so much to you ? It works for you - probably in a different way than it works for me - so....

Putting a cake in the oven makes it cook. I neither know nor care why. I'm sure others really need to understand it. I do not. I just want the cake to come out fit to eat.

It was just an idea thats all! I thought it might make for a good thread.
But you alas you are right, your reasoning does not allow for hypothetical discussion :)

gregory

But I LOVE hypothetical discussion. I just don't think it has to lead to A Conclusion !!!!! Ain't nothing wrong with this thread.