How many years of experience do we all have?

How many years of Tarot experience do you have?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • 1 to 2 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • 2 to 5 years

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • 5 to 10 years

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • 10 to 15 years

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • 15 to 20 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • More than 20 years!

Votes: 41 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trogon

So, it occurred to me (while welcoming someone in the New Members forum), that we must have a tremendous amount of experience here at Aeclectic Tarot. Collectively speaking that is. I've often seen things like this group or that company has "over 100 years experience". That got me to wondering about us as a whole. I know that there are people here who have only just begun learning Tarot and have several months under their belts. But there are people here who have been studying and reading with the Tarot for 20+ years.

So, how many years have you been studying and/or reading with the Tarot? Lets find out just how much experience is represented by Aeclectic Tarot.

Please select the option that best represents the years of experience you have right now. But also please post what your actual years of experience are. The poll will kind of give us a graph of where our median experience level is, while I can tally the total numbers from the posts. Also feel free to comment on your years/experience/breaks and so on. (I realize this is an unscientific poll and that there are folks who aren't active right now ... but I'm hopeful this will give us an idea of our collective experience.)

[Keeping this open till about the beginning of January ... since I'll need to total everything up at some point!]

Oh ... and me, at this point I have about 15 years with the Tarot. There's been a couple of breaks along the way ... otherwise I think I'd be in the next bracket.

Thank you! :D

[ETA:] Oops! I am sorry ... I had originally said that I'd end the poll at the end of January. But I had set the poll to close on the 2nd. I have corrected this above. I am sorry for any confusion. :( However ... this does mean you still have 2 days to vote in the poll!!!

[ETA:] I have tabulated the results ... over 1,300 years total, cumulative, experience! (see my full post here; http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2998146&postcount=57)

VGimlet

39 for me. Time flies. :)

Minotauro

well I started learning several years ago , 6 or 7. but I havent studied it all the time and have little experience , so I chose 2 to 5.

Chiriku

13-14 years

WolfyJames

I started reading at 19 when I got my first tarot deck. But to be frank, up until my English improved, got the internet and found Aeclectic, I was pretty clueless. Like I said in previous posts, in French all I had access were Tarot de Marseille books which is totally different than the RWS like my tarot deck was, so that didn't help me at all. So while technically it'd be 17 years of experience I prefer saying 8 years for the time I've spent here learning tarot and improving myself.

nisaba

I first picked up a Tarot deck as a rank beginner in the 1970s some time. I don't feel that that's anything exceptional, or it makes me any wiser at all.

VGimlet

I first picked up a Tarot deck as a rank beginner in the 1970s some time. I don't feel that that's anything exceptional, or it makes me any wiser at all.

I have to agree nisaba. I don't think it makes me any wiser. It's part of me, and I do like that though.

Le Fanu

More than twenty but it isn't twenty years at a stretch. So many interruptions but with tarot weaving its way in and out of my life at various times, on and off!

Grizabella

I got my first deck in 1998 but it wasn't exactly a Tarot, but from that I went right into Tarot immediately, so I guess about 13-14 years, if I'm figuring correctly. Where does the time go?