How many years of experience do we all have?

How many years of Tarot experience do you have?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • 1 to 2 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • 2 to 5 years

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • 5 to 10 years

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • 10 to 15 years

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • 15 to 20 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • More than 20 years!

Votes: 41 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MareSaturni

I got my first deck, the Enchanted Tarot, when I was 13 years old, back in 2001... that's also when I first joined AT (with an older account). So, officially I'd have 10 years of experience.

However, I must confess that between 2003-2004 I forgot all about tarot, and only fully returned to it in 2005 - that's when I created this AT account. So, in my personal timeline I only have 6 years of real experience.

But I think my English skills improved more than my tarot skills, lol! :laugh:

Alta

I got my first deck in 1971, but have alternated periods of intense study and use with almost complete disregard. I am a little hard pressed to give an exact time but I am sure it is over 20.

Wee_Gypsy

3 years, about?
But I am only in my 20's

Sulis

11 or 12 years I think although I did dabble a bit in the 80s but didn't really do any serious learning or put many hours in then.

rwcarter

I started my tarot journey in early 1991 so that puts me at over 20 years!

Soaring Eagle

I got my first deck of Tarot cards, Oracle cards, and Runes when I was 14 (with my mothers permission of course). I guess that means that I have 25+ years with tarot. Though I did have several breaks from tarot. I have learned so much more about tarot since joining AT. I am putting 15 - 20 years.

gregory

What is "experience" ? I've COLLECTED for 35 years, but only read for a fraction of that time....

Wee_Gypsy

What is "experience" ? I've COLLECTED for 35 years, but only read for a fraction of that time....

Reading the cards stand alone is only a fraction of the tarot- as I see it... what about the symbolism and iconography with in the cards-and just enjoying the art in the cards!

So I would vote- 35 years - for you, gregory. :)

PS-I read those threads you sent me the other day...they made me feel alot better about my veiws of the tarot ;)

Cheers!

The crowned one

I first read the cards at abut 16-17 years of age, a fair bit of time ago. Took them back up at 29-30, and again about 8 years ago. The last 8 years I learned the most and read the least.

RexMalaki

first deck...1983...does math...28 years...but not all that time was "active"...but I was learning and gaining experience all those years; so, I'll count them.