How many years of experience do we all have?

How many years of Tarot experience do you have?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • 1 to 2 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • 2 to 5 years

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • 5 to 10 years

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • 10 to 15 years

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • 15 to 20 years

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • More than 20 years!

Votes: 41 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cat*

I first discovered tarot in the late 1980s but never got serious about it. Then there were years and years without tarot. And then I returned to tarot in late 2006 and have been at it ever since (with some short breaks of some weeks at a time or so). So I voted 2-5 years.

Ambrosia

Around 16 or 17 years for me.

Crystal Blue

I got my first deck in 1986 and started studying like mad then... there were years I didn't study so much, but never a year I didn't read at all. So some more studied than others, all in all... 25 years. And I'd still absolutely consider myself a student.

Good to be learning with you all :)

-Kat

BlueDragonfly

I selected 5 - 10 years. The last 7 have been fairly steady with reading and studying. The other 3 years I figured out equal the on and off periods of use, since I got my first deck in the mid 90's.

Zephyros

Around 15 for me, I started when I was 13, but it's always been on and off for me; sometimes more with a passion, at others I hardly look at them.

But the thing is that the older I get and the more I know about Tarot (and life in general) it always amazes me even more and I feel as if I don't know anything at all

tarotbear

I started studying about 1992 or so - so almost 20 years.

Spark-san

Well I got my first Tarot deck about 4 years ago, but I've only been reading/studying tarot for about 2 years.

pink daliha

1-2 Years for me.

I am a total newbie. Just been devoting myself to Tarot for the last year or so, but I have been studying intensly! I am getting pretty good at it though. Just keep reading, Just keep reading!

zannamarie

I passed the 5 year mark last spring. Time flies!

GryffinSong

I can't remember the exact year, but I got my first tarot deck approximately 35 - 40 years ago. There were lots of breaks along the way, and varied amounts of seriousness. At times I read everything I could get my hands on and attended a week-long tarot workshop at Omega Institute of Holistic Studies with Mary Greer and Rachel Pollack. Other times I rarely pulled a card, or even put them away for years at a time.