Knitted Tarot Bags?

Lillith0315

serenaserendipity said:
no, but it sounds really beautiful!

i wish i could have something like that... but i'm only good for knitting amorphous blobs!

serendipity

Once I figue out how to do it, I'll make you one :)

rainwolf

I crocheted some. I sold them here, and I believe there was a thread here a while ago on the same subject. Just do a search and they should come up hopefully easy to find.

September Pixie

I love to knit and sadly it never crossed my mind to knit a bag for my decks! I have some antique clutch patterns I think would make lovely bags. I am going to look through my patterns and see what I can come up with. What a lovely way to add your personal energy to your cards than to store them in something you hand make thats so time consuming! :) Thanks for the idea!!

Jeanette

I enjoy knitting, but usually only produce dishrags (the knitted on the bias squares made of cotton). I could do them in my sleep, I think. But, how about some of that "felted wool," when you knit the item, then "shrink" it so it's really tight - I don't even think it needs a lining. But any type of knitted bag would be so awesome, or crocheted... And if you knitted it with needles that produced a tight stitch, you could then embroider it, too! I think that when I finish this dishrag that's on my needles right now, I won't start another one - I'll work on a knitted bag!

blackadder

I also love to knitt. This would be a great idea, something that wouldn't take much time to do and that would come in handy. Does anyone have a pattern that they use for bags?

siouxj73

Hey! No fair starting before me, it was my idea! :)

Let me know what you come up with.

Sorry Lillith - excitable, that's me. :)

Anyway, I'm not using a pattern (too lazy, me) but I sorted through my camphor wood chest (which is full of wool) and found some wonderful stuff I was knitting scarves with last year. I've done a fringe of about 6 rows in "ostrich" and will knit the rest of the bag in "feathers" wool (which is just gorgeous - very soft to the touch) with another fringe on the other end. I'm planning on knitting is straight and then sewing it up the sides, and then threading through a drawstring.

I'll post a picture of it when it's done. :)

If anyone else has any other ideas of patterns, I'd love to hear them!

Winter is just coming in the great land of Oz, and it's a fantastic time for knitting projects!

Jeanette

It would also be fun to make a bag knitted "in the round" on circular needles or double ended needles, instead of the traditional rectangular shape.

Elven

Would anyone who can knit like to make me a bag? I can crochet, but not knit anything but a scarf.

I have a deck which needs a little creme jumper :p Seriously! Something with little pockets to tuck, then sew, the sleeves into. A zipper at the bottom, or a drawstring around the turtle kneck? If not maybe a cardigan type pattern with buttons up the front? Big enough to hold a Thoth sized deck. Cable would be nice too :D A lining would be nice, but it just needs to be like a bag in the body section - fake the sleeves. (if not lining no worries I can line it) Like a teddybears jumper or something?

Any ideas or takers? Let me know what you think and how much. An Aussie exchange would be good - but from overseas - no worries either :)

Blessings
Elven x

octobersunset

Another Knitter Here!!

Wow!! You've got my imagination raging now. I was condidering making myself a bag for a lonely deck of mine. Knitted, crocheted or cross-stitched evenweave with some beaded flowers or something?!?...Or a cross stitch pentacle, sword, wand and cup...don't know yet, the possibilities are astounding!!!! BB October xxx

Skydancer

Elven - you have a PM.

As for the rest of you all's wonderful ideas ... the sky's the limit! Evenweave, or broadcloth would work. You can do anything on that! Even steam press felt leaves, for example. (I'm thinking nature decks here.)

You have my imagination stirring too! I KNEW not to log in here so early this morning ...

Later then ~
S:OL