Law of Attraction Tarot

rwcarter

The cards that give me pause do so because I'd have no idea how to interpret the images in a reading, not because they don't resemble their RWS counterparts. For example, the 8 Wands shows a bowl of something whipped and the batter-covered whisk laying on the table beside it. Even with the info from the companion book (title is "Fulfillment" and subtitle is "forces of attraction in motion". How whipped cream gets associated with "luck, wealth, and personal success" escapes me.

As an image, I actually like the Sun (aka happy dolphin) card. Reading through the companion book, they have absolutely nothing to do with the interpretation, so I'm not sure why they are such a large part of the image.

I'll definitely have to read the introduction when I have more time.

VGimlet

I've been waffling about this deck, and I'm not usually a waffler. (Is that a word? I don't know...)

So, I'll be interested to know what you all think. I am not a big fan of the Secret. Not my deal. I kind of like some of the cards, but the association makes me sort of cringe a little.

Cerulean

Law of attraction and Top Chef Masters

I laughed how in that one post, it was about stopping to see a cooking competition and then the next post you were discussing a picture of a hand-whisked batter/cream in a bowl in the Law of Attraction Tarot. A top chef hand-whipping their batter or cream might win or lose for the time and effort taking for hand whipping ingredients. Just an odd juxtaposition for me.

Thanks for the commentary.

rwcarter said:
The cards that give me pause donn so because I'd have no idea how to interpret the images in a reading, not because they don't resemble their RWS counterparts. For example, the 8 Wands shows a bowl of something whipped and the batter-covered whisk laying on the table beside it. Even with the info from the companion book (title is "Fulfillment" and subtitle is "forces of attraction in motion". How whipped cream gets associated with "luck, wealth, and personal success" escapes me.

As an image, I actually like the Sun (aka happy dolphin) card. Reading through the companion book, they have absolutely nothing to do with the interpretation, so I'm not sure why they are such a large part of the image.

I'll definitely have to read the introduction when I have more time.

rwcarter

Busted Cerulean. :| The irony never even crossed my mind until you pointed it out.

The images I don't get in the deck seem more oracle-like to me than tarot-like, if that makes any sense. One other thing that should be mentioned about the deck is that some of the people look really cartoonish while others look quite life-like/real. That gives the deck a less-uniform feel to me.

Le Fanu

Is this "Kit only" or will it be "deck only" too? By the sounds of the meanings so far listed, I suspect I might opt for "deck only" on the day I weaken and decide to buy it...

(ETA; just seen what looks like deck only at alida.)

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
Is this "Kit only" or will it be "deck only" too? By the sounds of the meanings so far listed, I suspect I might opt for "deck only" on the day I weaken and decide to buy it...

amazon.co.uk have what looks like "deck only" for pre-order...

No idea how I know that.

avalonian

Le Fanu said:

Yes, it is available in a deck only version (have seen it in my favourite shop)

:) :) :)

avalonian

rwcarter said:
The cards that give me pause do so because I'd have no idea how to interpret the images in a reading, not because they don't resemble their RWS counterparts. For example, the 8 Wands shows a bowl of something whipped and the batter-covered whisk laying on the table beside it. Even with the info from the companion book (title is "Fulfillment" and subtitle is "forces of attraction in motion". How whipped cream gets associated with "luck, wealth, and personal success" escapes me.

I think I can sort of understand that because when I was growing up cream was seen as a real treat, something we only had when visiting relatives who had more money than us and could afford such things. They were seen (particularly by them, lol) as being further up the social scale and therefore more successful. Yes, it is a bit of a stretch, but I can relate to it.
:) :) :)

rwcarter

Thanks avalonian. It never occurred to me that whipped cream could have a class association with it.

The cream and whisk as "forces of attraction" and the act of whipping as "in motion". OK. It's still a real stretch....

Rodney

Aerin

Maybe it is one of those decks with cards that only make any real sense in readings...

And fulfillment is what whipped cream is all about, if you overwhip it then it goes all bleah again ;)