Lost and the Tarot

Skydancer

I guess I missed Hurley's background story too -- didn't know that.
Could you PM me with the basics??? Pretty please? :)

Maybe it was on last week - we were away and it turned out I had the VCR set to right channel, right time, wrong day!!
I'll wait for a rerun of Jin's story - didn't see the TV.

Thanks.

*Skye*

Chara

Hurley (Hugo) is definitely the Wheel of Fortune. That fits so well! I definitely see Locke as the Hierophant, rather than the High Priestess. Maybe Danielle could fit that card?

I didn't think Shannon (who is actually my favourite character, which I think places me in the minority of a lot of Lost fans) would be a good Queen of Pentacles, but now that I think about it, she could fit that role.

I don't know if I'd place her and Boone in The Lovers though. I'm biased, however, because not only am I completely loving the more recent developments of Shannon's character/love life, but I think Boone is developing too much admiration for Locke to focus on Shannon anymore (and take that "admiration" how you will).

Sawyer is like Temperance reversed, isn't he? I can see him as The Devil, but I wonder if he'd be the one in the chains or the one holding them. Probably both. Maybe we could fit the boar on there!

HudsonGray

TVTome has a good breakdown, there's only 4 more episodes to air yet, one this month, 2 next month & the last in May. The first full season DVD is due out in Sept. of 2005 for $60 -- http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/DvdDetailPage/showid-24313/dvdid-7477/ (spoilers there, don't look if you want to be surprised on the shows!)

That's a long time to wait though. Best to tape the episodes & rewatch them. I'm amazed on how many 'little things' have meant something 2 episodes later (the foretelling of the polar bears in the comic book, the box company & the 'Box', etc.).

Free Flight

Seeing all these people who know more about the show frustrates me as I so want to know too. I cannot wait for my once a week fix. Last night we had the SUN story line but hearing you all talking has got me extra keen :D

Almost tempted to ask someone to PM me some spoiler info. Do you guys know what the mystery beast on the island is yet? If so does it have a tarot card to define it? just to give me a hint :)

My theory is that they are all dead and battling for a place in heaven or hell so the show could be summed up as Death and Judgement...??

smokey

I LUV this, LOL! (sorry I've nothing to add at the moment, but I think it's all been said!)
HowEver; Skydancer-I will be happy to PM you the results of Hurleys past after I return this afternoon_ Unless someone already has!
...and as to personal opinions_ I've so many of Those,LOL_ I have my OWN self confused right now, HA!_ & haven't quite made up my mind yet...

April

Free Flight said:
My theory is that they are all dead and battling for a place in heaven or hell so the show could be summed up as Death and Judgement...??

Somebody told me that same theory a few months ago but I didn't agree. But now if he's not the only one who thinks that...hmmm... Then what about the people who "died" in the crash? Are they still alive? No need to answer, just musing.

Chronata, I did a reading about Charlie before that episode (because I'm a nerd) and got the Hanged Man. My jaw dropped when I realized what it meant.

Peace,
April

Kaylee Marie

Who (what) is The Fool?

Anyone have any ideas on The Fool? None of the characters really seem to fit, IMHO.

I'm thinking maybe the plane could be the fool? It could represent the whole group stepping into the unknown. I know the fool is usually a person instead of an object, but it's the only thing that works in my mind.

Or maybe this card could show all the characters in line waiting to get on the plane? I missed the first episode, so I don't know if they actually showed this. (This visual puts me in mind of a bunch of lemings lining up to jump off a cliff!)

What do y'all think?

BTW, I love all the suggestions thus far. Locke as High Priestess - how perfect!!! But I think The Tower should be the radio tower (I suspect a culmination and breakdown there soon). My literal mind at work again....

Cheers,
Kaylee

Skydancer

Thank you, Smokey, for the offer - Hudson PMd me with the Hurley story and the link to the web site. I did go to the site - great! But it's 12 pages to print out so will wait until after all the episodes air!!!

However, you have my permission to write to me anyway!! Maybe you have another tidbit to add.

Looks like I have missed 2 stories - Hugo's (thanks!) and another that I'm not sure has been mentioned on this thread. Don't want to give anything away!!

I really do enjoy pondering over this show - it has totally caught my imagination - even though there are several "real" problems that would be encountered if one were to find one's self in this situation that are not being addressed in the show. Ifn you catch my drift.

Now that you all have mentioned tarot cards in relation to the characters I have been formulating a list in my mind. I'm going to write it all down - and see how it plays out as the series "plays out." From what I've read about the show, it may well be that they are indeed in a middle-ground between heaven and hell. Locke once said that the island gives what you need most.

Happy hunting!
Ann
S:OS

HudsonGray

While nobody's seen the monster yet except for Locke, there was an intriguing clue in the first episode. When the palm trees were waving & being broken down one of the survivors on the beach, a lady, was listening intently & said "I know that sound, but I can't place it." One of the guys near her asked "Where do you live?" She said "Manhattan".

When I saw that & was listening I thought it seemed VERY close to the sound a warehouse door makes as it screaches in it's tracks, or a train putting on its brakes. More metallic than anything else. But it doesn't jive with the other clues we've been getting. And it CAN'T be a dinosaur because one of the survivors asked that question already.

I don't think we can place the 'monster' as a card till we get more info.

What do you think about the Island being the World card?

smokey

<re:> HG's above:
...hmmm... V-e-R-R-y - Perceptive of you there, HudsonGray_(my mind had n't either recalled &/or Processed THAT bit-o-info!-LOL!)... NOW; I have a bit More ta' gnaw on,Thanx!... Skydancer:_ glad you got that update on Hurley!