Melissa Lenormand

Nina*

tarotmama said:
Yup! I need to work through some details first though. Maybe by the end of the summer. :)
Is it end of summer yet... pleeeeze? :D

tarotmama

I swear it's on my list of things to do!! :) I want to change it up a bit -- maybe use a different font on the titles -- just in case bootlegs became a problem it would be obvious it wasn't my first edition deck.

But yeah, I'm just overwhelmed with work lately.

Nina*

tarotmama said:
I swear it's on my list of things to do!! :) I want to change it up a bit -- maybe use a different font on the titles -- just in case bootlegs became a problem it would be obvious it wasn't my first edition deck.

But yeah, I'm just overwhelmed with work lately.
Sounds wonderful. I'm so sad I missed getting a copy while I could.

MareSaturni

I have been using Lenormands a lot lately (I'm re-learning the deck again, after so many years), and I wanted to say that the Melissa has been a very faithful companion to me! I'm surprised at how good it is to read with it! The only problem id that my shuffling style ("Insertion Method") is making the corners look a bit "bumped", which worries me sometimes.

The cardstock is sturdy, so I think that despite my fear it might endure some heavy usage, which makes it a good working deck! :)

This deck has been living in my purse - I even bought a special mini make-up bag to store it and carry it safely :)

Tarotmama, what a great deck you have created! :heart: Thank you!

tarotmama

Marina said:
The only problem id that my shuffling style ("Insertion Method") is making the corners look a bit "bumped", which worries me sometimes.

If I second edition is printed, it will probably be on the same stock that Pixie's Astounding Lenormand was printed on (but still poker-sized, not bridge sized).

Every day I get at least two emails about if the deck is available or when a reprint will be. :\ So I should probably start seriously thinking about that.

MareSaturni

tarotmama said:
If I second edition is printed, it will probably be on the same stock that Pixie's Astounding Lenormand was printed on (but still poker-sized, not bridge sized).

I don't have the Pixie, so I don't know why cardstock it is.
I love the feeling of the Melissa Lenormand (and the size!)! I think the cardstock is good, I'm just afraid of being a careless shuffler and damaging my deck! ;)

tarotmama said:
Every day I get at least two emails about if the deck is available or when a reprint will be. :\ So I should probably start seriously thinking about that.

It is an awesome deck, and deserves a reprint someday, but doesn't have to be so soon. When you have time -- we all know you have many other projects right now!

I just wanted to tell you I am really loving your deck, and when I got it I never thought it'd become such a faithful friend! I am at work, and the deck is here with me, all the time! I've been doing nice daily readings with it too... it's amazing!

Thank you for making such a great deck!

Aerin

tarotmama said:

Oh, that cardstock is glorious. I love my first copy :) but I would be tempted to get a backup for the cardstock. So tactile.

Le Fanu

Funny, I have gone back to using this more and more of late (never really stopped tbh)... and I continue to think this is one of the best non-Tarot decks of recent years. I really mean this, Melissa. Here is a deck which, whenever I get it out, just feels so magic and right. I have two copies, one for use, one for The Collection! The one I use begins to look - well - used (which is nice), but I love the language of this Lenormand. It is right up my street. I look at it and the deck sings.

Such little cards and yet such atmosphere!

Pam O

tarotmama said:
Please do reprint!!! I recently learned of your fabulous deck, and it's on my wish list, but I now know it's on lots of people's wish lists! :)
Mary Greer showed me a Lenormand at BATS this year, and briefly explained how to read them. This initiated my curiosity, and the Melissa Lenormand certainly seems to be the most popular deck people are excited about. What about taking pre-orders again like you did for your first printing? I bet many of us here at Aeclectic would be happy to give you $ ahead of time for the pre-order. What can we do to help you accomplish this?

You probably already know that the Bohemian Gothic 2nd edition pewter of 1000 decks was pretty much sold out before the cards even arrived to Baba Studio.

Maybe you can do the vintage borders like Silver Crow did to her set? That would be a great way to differentiate the 2nd edition!
Silver Crow said:
Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this deck...Anyway, I decided the white borders were just too white, it distracted from the yummy vintage feel of the deck, so I took some aged linen dye based inks and aged the borders and edges and to me they look divine!...It's hard to get a really good picture of it. The color is subtle, but a little yellowish with some tan thrown in, enough to look aged and blend with the wonderful artwork.
If anyone wants to see Silver Crow's pictures that has not already, they are at the bottom of pg 28 of this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=131927&page=28&pp=10

GryffinSong

I just got an email from the Sassy Sibyl and she's looking into making a 2nd edition Melissa Lenormand!!! Here's a part of what she says about it ...

The second edition will have cream borders, a different title font, will include the card number and have a different jewel-toned blue back. I think they’re more beautiful than the first edition. The proof prints I’ve gotten — the colors are more vibrant. I’ve only tinkered with the art minimally. I’ll also design two new alternative Man & Woman cards to go with the deck. Maybe a Happy Squirrel or a Cat card…

I didn't see any schedule, but it sounds likely to happen. As someone who learned about this gorgeous deck after it was out of print, I'm psyched!!!