Melissa Lenormand

MoonGypsy

Oooh, great job, SC!!!

tarotmama

Oh Silver Crow those are gorgeous! Would you mind posting those pics to my facebook page too?? I'd love that! xo

prudence

Jeepers, Silver Crow, that is Fantastic!! At first when I saw you mention this, I thought; why bother? The deck already looks so antique, but with that last photo, I see what you were going for and I LOVE it. Really nicely done, if you could teach us all how to do it right, it would be priceless. (but if you don't have that kind of time right now, I totally understand :heart: ....and am willing to wait until you do....)

eta; and just to add, this is the only Lenormand that makes sense to me, Tarotmama really made a beautiful deck that can be used to read, and to read well. All I can say is other Lenormands didn't speak to me, but this one does, loud and clear.

Silver Crow

Thanks Prudence.

OK - I used a Ranger Distress Ink pad in the "Antique Linen" color. You can find these at most craft stores or online for a couple of bucks.

The first thing I did was the edges. Just drag the card edges, one at a time along the pad, the pad is hard so this is easy to do, don't forget the corners. This is dye based ink so it dries pretty fast.

After the edges are dry I did the fronts. I just rubbed my finger on the pad to get some ink on it and rubbed it along the white edges. I tried to do it so it didn't look perfect, sometimes rubbing, sometimes dabbing, a little light here and heavy there to make it look like natural aging with use.

Let them dry and that's it, job done. :) Once you do the first couple you will be a pro. After they dry you can go back and put on some more where you think it needs it.

Please let me know if that makes sense.

prudence

Thank you Silver Crow, and yes, you explained the process perfectly!

Kissa

I might try and do the "Silver Crow Special Vintage effect" pimping (perfectly described in her post). First I have to get the right ink pad (might be tricky to get from local craftstores) then I shall practice on some of the extra cards.

I hope I can do as well as Silver Crow, her pimped deck looks fantastic!!!

K

prudence

Good luck, Kissa, and I'd love to see your results.

Kissa

Bought the wrong ink: "aged mahogany". Don't think it would look really nice. Must go back to craft store. "Tea Dye" is probably much better.

First 2-card reading yesterday:
What is happening now: Whip
What will change: Scythe

It's a little bit like getting Tower and Death in a tarot reading, right...? LOL. This must be the proof that this gorgeous little one works just fine for me :)

K

Kissa

Went to the store and changed the "Aged Mahogany" for "Tea-dyed". Neat inspiration: my Melissa now looks perfect!!! Had a blast doing it. Silver Crow's the best!!!!

Also "pimped" the LWB while I was at it :)

Melissa wrote that this deck was a breathe of fresh air after many years of tarot study/practice. I feel the same about her deck :)

K

Kissa

I was lucky enough to get a copy well after the 250 sets were sold out on Melissa's website.

I have never been into Lenormand, never even thought of reading with one, I don't like the style of the ones I saw online. I also don't feel like learning a whole new system and REALLY I don't want to learn keywords by heart.

But this little deck... First, it is visually beautiful. It makes me think of the Victoria Regina Tarot, of course, but I like the ML style more, I'm a big fan of sepia :)

I got a copy of the deck in a trade, I didn't get the box with it because it would have been too expensive for my trading partner to ship it with the box. I have extra cards: Lady, another Man, another Child, an extra snake and another Dog (I love both Dog pics).

I haven't done any serious reading yet. I'm not really scared of the deck LOL we are just getting to know each other, I guess. I'm surprised such tiny images can have so many different layers, I'm quite impressed really. It is pretty stupid but now that I "pimped" my copy and artificially aged it with some tea-dyed ink, I basically have a blast at just looking at the cards. They are just so beautiful. Telling stories. I'm not doing readings, I'm listening to the cards' stories, day-dreaming, travelling in time and in space. Great.

I also think that Melissa Lenormand is perfect for autumn, I'm glad I got it now.

Ah well, pardon me for not bringing much to the thread, I just needed to share somewhere how much, surprisingly, I like this little deck. Thank you so very much, tarotmamma!

K