Midheaven and Vocation

rainwolf

When I first read your post, saturn on MC, I immediately thought of 'judge'. :D

However, I think any legal work would suit saturn on midheaven. And with mercury in libra, I would interpret that as a person that makes even and fair decisions. And in the 2nd house, maybe a small claims court judge?

feticeira

Interesting thread!
My MC is in Taurus, conjunct Moon and opposite Mars, Saturn, and Pluto.
Strange combination I suppose... any thoughts?

Deszroo

Moon in Taurus/MC is one indication of writing, the arts, service or domestic type pursuits, deal with the public in some manner, receptivity and taking things to heart, restlessness and changes..albiet seeking some sort of structure,perhaps belongingness, devotional, and expression of form. Feeling better guided by instinct or inner impressions, imagination or distruct and apprehensions which may derive from the conflict/opposition.Tangiable, concrete, definable, personal satisfaction, financial benefits combined with the need to make ones mark in some distinct way. Influence of home, parents (e.g. mom,"maternal" influences), childhood experiences have specific impact. Certainly a stand off of sorts...relationship, power issues in terms of the opposition. A couple of other things to consider: the placement of your Venus, your 2nd, 7th house. Your moon nodes. Your birth moon phase. Other aspects to the MC. Familiarity with the meaning of the quadrants and hemisphere of the chart will help to understand the drives, needs, basic modus operendi that effect our choices and competence. Moon where it is can suggest also need to get away, live, work, travel away from ones roots..perhaps luckier that way. At the same time if those larger planets hover below chances are one will always feel pulls back to deal with the issues of both hemispheres. Moon/Saturn in one way suggest having to face maturing ...not living out negative parental experiences, issues of independence vs dependence. Having to soften up or toughen up. Bottom line also with Tau/Moon MC besides from deep rooted practicality needs/issues is a healthy self-value and that of and by the society at large. Also don't overlook your Sun sign and especially your Asc as well since this gives a clue to whats important to you "individually" and how you apt to express it. The tenth no matter how "I did it my way" it is..its demand much more of our competence, cooperation, and adherence to the larger pool.
Whether you are a diurnal or nocturnal birth as per Traditional or Classical astrology..how much that effect your moon placement is another consideration. There some on this forum that can give you a better idea. They have offered usefull information on another thread "diurnal/nocturnal".

Desz

DeLani

My MC is Sagittarius. Trine Chiron, Sextile Pluto, Conjunct Mars & Neptune, Opposed Saturn.
My Second house is Aries, containing only Chiron, my 6th house is Cancer, with no planets in it.
I feel like Saturn opposing my MC is why I can't seem to ever find the right job - I'm still floundering around, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm almost 33!
I think that having the MC in Sag is why I also don't like having a "job." I don't like having to spend 3/4 of my life working at a job...I have so many other callings I want to pursue. I guess it's the Sag love of freedom...

Leo62

Interesting thread...I have a Scorpio MC - I wonder if that's the reason my vocation has been a mystery to me for a very long time. ;)

dadsnook2000

Mystery

There isn't that much of a mystery about "Scorpio". Scorpio tends to encourage or support planetary energies that delve into mystery, inner and hidden meanings, secrets, the "reasons for . . .". Being a sign, Scorpio doesn't so much "do" as it provides a sense of style or filter for viewing and acting. There are probably other planetary factors that shape you focus or unfocus on a specific career. Dave

wizzle

I was thinking about the planetary factors for a career... because we all know that signs don't provide the energy, right? They only provide the style. I look at

- the Sun because it is what we are here to do in life. If we are lucky we have a job/career that lines up with our sun and hence feel very fulfilled
- Saturn - he who provides, discipline and shape and status
- planets in the 10th and 6th houses or the rulers of these houses
- ruler of the ascendent because that is how we interface with the world at large and tells us a lot about our talents/style

Leo62

I'd add north node to that list too - life purpose. :)

paradoxx

no planets but have I have Caput Agol conjunct my MC.

wizzle

With all due respect, Leo, I'd have to disagree with you. I assume you are speaking of the Lunar node, but that is not an energy, but a point on the ecliptic. As such, it has no energy any more than any of the cusps have energy. Therefore it is not a "driver" like the planets are, but an interesting point, nevertheless.