Reading a book

mza

Oh and its great to see the interest in the subject from so many of you. Cat I'm not crushed :laugh: :love:. Rather its comforting to know i'm not crazy. Sunchariot you know i had a dream many years ago probably at age 14/15. I saw a whole verse from the bible and it was from the one of the 10 commandments. The words appeared very clearly as if i was actually reading the bible but I was not allowed to see the text surrounding it.
When i woke up i went straight for the bible. I often read my mum's bible when alone at home. She had been given as a gift but for some reason she didn't want to touch it, i tried to offer it to her but she showed no interest. I loved it cos it was brand new leatherbound and beautiful with gold-edged pages. So it was no surprise that i was familiar with the text, size and font of that bible. When it appeared in a dream i knew it came from that bible cos there were two others in the house.
So i headed straight for the index at the back cos at that time i was not aware that the verse i'd seen was a continuation of one of the commandments. But you know what i never found it. Even when i used keywords from the verse i never found the verse. On looking in the other bibles i had no luck either. My family didn't know where it was. It was only maybe 5/6 years later that i asked a friend of mine in church and they told me.

The explanation of what bibliomancy is here is quite interesting. It has just brought it all home to me and i now don't feel bad about it cos i saw this in a dream all those years ago only i didn't know what it is. So it can't be wrong. My dreams are usually very useful to me.
Thanks for all your participation. Knuckles crossed about Scotty and feeling sheepish.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Now that we all know what the terms are for using verses from a book for divination, further discussion on the topic should happen over in the Divination forum. Let's try to keep this thread about mzansi-afrika's exchange using tarot along with excerpts from books.

mza

Oh dear *blink, blink* . I was so wrong then :/

Wendywu

What about?

I think it's a very valid subject, and an interesting way of reading. I had a "fun" bibliomancy reading once from a member which was amazingly accurate!

I'll happily have a reading from you, if you're OK with reading for me. I'll give full feedback and be hugely interested in your technique. When I've seen how it works in practice, I wouldn't mind having a go at this :)

mza

Hello Wendywu! :) Ok I'll give it another go. I might use another book though or Bible, whatever. Say when you ready and tell me your question. I'm off today.

DownUnderNZer

I have tried reading parts of pages from different books before...when doing reading practises and learning to use intuition etc...from recipe books, novels, a Harry Potter novel of all things! :grin: And although not quite a book...my fave was an A4 blank piece of paper all scrunched up (not too tight) and whatever was seen in it was given to the sitter. And once...my sister and I weeks apart with the same SITTER got the EXACT same impressions/images/symbols. WOW! It was a lot of fun and such a productive experience. :)

I miss doing HOT CHAIR (chat room) as well, but on here I am sure that would be left for the SPIRITUAL rooms as that was where I remember doing something like that....what wonderful memories. :heart:

Must be others with similar experiences surely?

Cat*

And although not quite a book...my fave was an A4 blank piece of paper all scrunched up (not too tight) and whatever was seen in it was given to the sitter.
Sounds like a great technique! *bookmarking the idea for later reference*

Wendywu

Hello Wendywu! :) Ok I'll give it another go. I might use another book though or Bible, whatever. Say when you ready and tell me your question. I'm off today.

OK - sometime in the coming week if you can please?

What would be my best strategy for calming pre-event nerves - thinking specifically of an ultramarathon on the 22nd of this month .....

DownUnderNZer

Sounds like a great technique! *bookmarking the idea for later reference*

Recommended...seriously! And its a lot of fun....

I remember seeing alphabet letters, an eagle, sometimes faces, I got something on two sisters once, saw the pyramids and prism shapes a few times, mail boxes, roads, houses, hills...a whole lot of stuff! Only ever tried it a handful of times, but it was a great activity to do and awesome when given back feedback connected to exactly what was just given to the sitter. Amazing....

mza

OK - sometime in the coming week if you can please?

What would be my best strategy for calming pre-event nerves - thinking specifically of an ultramarathon on the 22nd of this month .....

Hey Wendywu, so sorry i never got back to you about this. I hope your marathon went great though. As for me and the reason why i did not fulfill my promise -too much scary stuff happened and basically i stopped reading tarot. Too many bad dreams, spiritual attacks and burning in my sleep so i gave it up.