Religion and Tarot

Wandlimb

I was brought up Christian but now I am Pagan (not Wiccan).

BodhiSeed

Brought up Christian (very fundamentalist) but now I'm an Omnist. Use my cards more for insight and self-examination.

Bodhran

boxxleman

bodhran said:
Brought up Christian (very fundamentalist) but now I'm an Omnist. Use my cards more for insight and self-examination.

Bodhran

Hey bodhran, what's a Omnist? I've never heard of it before. Just curious. :)

Jeff

gregory

Nevermore said:
I remember her nickname right? IndigoRose has some very beautiful things to say about Christianity and Tarot. Just look up "Christianity" in the searchbar and I'm sure you'll find some discussions with her great posts.
You remember her right. IndigoRose is the voice of sanity here where religion vs. tarot as a potential area of conflict is concerned. IMHO, anyway.

I was brought up Christian (I am a minister's daughter) and it didn't take. I am now eclectic. I believe whatever seems to fit, as you might say.

But I never saw tarot as having much to do with religion (except that the cards are full of Christian symbolism ;)) Like anything else, it can be used for whatever you want to use it for.

Gayla

asphodel said:
..... Maybe what people are afraid of, is what's inside their head--afraid of exploring the un-used corners of their mind...afraid of what they'll find in the dusty corners of their heart

I like that...because that is exactly what it is...people are afraid of what they might learn about themselves.

The Tarot forces focus on what lies just beneath the surface.

adriayna

I was raised as a fundamentalist Christian, but moved toward agnosticism when I entered college. Even then, the tarot was with me. Now I am a pagan with heavy druid leanings, and I use the tarot as part of my daily meditation and practice.

dandelion

I'm not religious, but I consider myself a very spiritual person. Like many others, I find tarot is just one more avenue for me to connect with the divine, encourage myself to grow, offer assistance to others, and affirm the interconnectedness of all things. :)

Payewacker

I'm Wiccan and pro Christian. The Christians view the Tarot as evil because it can indicate influences and negative factors actually busy around a person.

Where-as, the Christian faith dictates their followers not to question the Bible and follow it's teaching like sheep to the slaughter!! Actually we had a discussion on another forum, with a bible punching radical. Because of this persons insultive behaviour our moderators locked his thread.

I hold to my Traditions in Wicca, but pray to God as Christians would, this I do within my circle I cast.

Blessed be

Alpha-Omega

I am Greek Orthodox, I see Tarot as a way to speak with God. Like pray you talk to god, but you dont hear God speak back. But with tarot God can respond back. My belife is that if I am ment to know the answer to a question I ask, Then god will tell me, if God does not want me to know Then he wont let me. Tarot to me is also a great self-help tool.