Sleeping with a Tarot deck under your Pillow? -Have you done this?

Scibility

Hi Gracie2K,
I've never done this, but your question reminded me of a famous medical intuitive named Edgar Cayce who was well known for being able to memorize voluminous books simply by sleeping on them. He then was able to diagnose medical illnesses from a trance-like state (with absolutely no medical training). He was known as the "sleeping prophet". When he died I believe he had done over 14000 readings from knowledge he gained that way.

See HERE

It's fun entertaining ideas just for the sake of speculation. Sometimes it can be quite enlightening. Never say never!

IMO, it's really not a far stretch to wonder if maybe there's something to the idea of sleeping on the deck? Interesting!

Pam O

Hi Gracie2K,
I've never done this, but your question reminded me of a famous medical intuitive named Edgar Cayce who was well known for being able to memorize voluminous books simply by sleeping on them. He then was able to diagnose medical illnesses from a trance-like state (with absolutely no medical training). He was known as the "sleeping prophet". When he died I believe he had done over 14000 readings from knowledge he gained that way.

See HERE

It's fun entertaining ideas just for the sake of speculation. Sometimes it can be quite enlightening. Never say never!

IMO, it's really not a far stretch to wonder if maybe there's something to the idea of sleeping on the deck? Interesting!
Edgar Cayce is amazing. I have read a fair amount on him over the years, so he just may have been the reason I first put the Spiral under my pillow in the first place. If I remember right, Edgar Cayce would know everything in the book that he put under his pillow, when he woke up he put himself in the trance & his secretary took dictation... I tried to know a book in the morning back when I first read about him. It did not work for me, so I don't put books under my pillow any more, just my Spiral Tarot. I did that for months. I even took that Spiral in our camper. :)

I do know that I have felt a "bond" of a very strong & comforting friendship with those pieces of cardboard. I have been quite amazed by the feeling. I did not expect it.

Pam O

I also do occasionally keep stones, citrine and kyanite, with my decks. (Polished so they don't scratch, or I may just set the raw stone/crystal on top of the bag. I understand these 2 stones that do not hold energy and are very clearing.)

I like to give away citrine to my customers, and if the mood is right, I share the following:
Did you know a computer will not work without a rock? Silicon Valley (San Jose area of CA) is named after the silica quartz crystal. It is a quartz crystal that is the "chip" that stores and transmits the information! So with no quartz crystal "chip", there would be no computers, no digital watches, etc!!!

Citrine is also has folklore that it is a "merchant's stone" because, among other things, it helps stimulate abundance by helping the person let go of blocks. When blocks are gone, the gifts of the Universe can flow in. So, since the computer "chip" is so powerful, who says the folklore is not also true? :)

ETA: Technically your "stone" question is different than your "pillow" question, so a mod will probably need the "stone" part moved to a new thread, probably in the "crystals" section of this forum.

SagiChar

I've always wanted to try sleeping with my cards, but am SO afraid to ruin them in some way...I'm also paranoid about putting them in my purse...for some reason I feel like if I bring them out that my purse will get stolen or I'll somehow lose them!!

Edgar Cayce - AWESOME!!!

Pam O said:
I also do occasionally keep stones, citrine and kyanite, with my decks. (Polished so they don't scratch, or I may just set the raw stone/crystal on top of the bag. I understand these 2 stones that do not hold energy and are very clearing.)

I like to give away citrine to my customers, and if the mood is right, I share the following:
Did you know a computer will not work without a rock? Silicon Valley (San Jose area of CA) is named after the silica quartz crystal. It is a quartz crystal that is the "chip" that stores and transmits the information! So with no quartz crystal "chip", there would be no computers, no digital watches, etc!!!

Citrine and kyanite huh?? I'll have to keep that in mind!! And, btw...LOVE the analogy with the computer chip!!! BAH!!!!

Pam O

I've always wanted to try sleeping with my cards, but am SO afraid to ruin them in some way...I'm also paranoid about putting them in my purse...for some reason I feel like if I bring them out that my purse will get stolen or I'll somehow lose them!!
I don't leave home without one of my deck friends traveling with me. I have a little mini Osho Zen majors that actually is small enough to fit in my wallet in it's tiny bag. :)

In addition to the 1 deck I have put under my pillow, there are quite a few of my very favorites living under my bed. That is pretty close to "under my pillow" with the bed in between. :)

Edgar Cayce - AWESOME!!!
Citrine and kyanite huh?? I'll have to keep that in mind!! And, btw...LOVE the analogy with the computer chip!!! BAH!!!!
:D
Powerful, isn't it? And most of people have no idea, but we have all heard of the "chip". And now to find out it is a chip of a rock crystal!

SagiChar

Pam O said:
I don't leave home without one of my deck friends traveling with me. I have a little mini Osho Zen majors that actually is small enough to fit in my wallet in it's tiny bag.

In addition to the 1 deck I have put under my pillow, there are quite a few of my very favorites living under my bed. That is pretty close to "under my pillow" with the bed in between.

(thanks for the Osho Zen majors on the other post...HA!)...I love the idea of having a mini deck...hmmm....thanks PAM O!!!

Yineth

The only time I attempted to sleep with a deck under my pillow was the time I got my first Tarot deck: The Mystic Dreamer [lol- how fitting]

I fell asleep fine (somehow), but woke up the next morning to find my deck missing. Panic struck me as I thought my mother had come into my room and found the deck [Note: No one in my family knows I own Tarot decks]. After throwing my blanket, pillow, and small collection of stuffed animals off the bed, I found the deck shoved down the small space between my mattress and the wall. It clearly did not enjoy being under my head for +10 hours. (Yes, I sleep that much when I can :p)

The only 'changes' I noticed from sleeping with my deck under my pillow was the lack of dreams more than anything. The Psychology student side of me muttered 'Lack of REM sleep', but I never really tried again afterwards. If anything, I'm just afraid someone will find my deck and wake me rudely to ask about it :(

Debra

Me. I did it with my first deck, which I still use, and every so often I still do it. I read to do it somewhere and leaped to embrace the foolishness. It made me feel like the deck was mine.

No damage. Tie it up in handkerchief and put it between the end of the mattress and the wall.

It didn't change my dreams. When I was focusing intently on tarot a few years ago, I started having tarot dreams. Now I'm still focused but the dreams have abated.

My feeling about things I love is--sleep with 'em. :laugh:

Padma

I have slept with my decks before, choosing one that I have a connection with. I have very busy dreams if I have a deck with me! lol ;)

I have often put them in the bedside table drawer, to help them absorb my energy.

And if I am undergoing a lot of stress or am using the cards often, I do keep them around me all day, moving them to wherever I happen to be.

I liked your post encouraging positive comments :) good for you! I also do not have rare or expensive decks, I think they should be used, too. So it is not like they are being damaged...

I think I will sleep with my Golden tonight :) I always sleep with crystals on my person, in the form of rings or pendants. My most restful sleeps have come from wearing Labradorite.

Pam O

I just put my infamous "personal" Spiral under my pillow for tonight. I have not had a problem with damage BUT i would only do this with a main stream affordanble deck.

I also often sleep with massage wands under my pillow because they are rounded and smooth, and they are designed with the intension to heal. Hmmmm, I do have a laborador massage wand. Hmmmm, maybe I will add that in the mix. (I believe sunstone and laborador are in the same family plus one more, that I will hopefully remember soon because that answer is filed in my brain...somewhere... :)

ETA: Moonstone symbolizes the Moon, Sunstone symbolizes the Sun, so Laboradorite could symbolize the Stars maybe? (These 3 stones are all related in the same family of rocks. When I remember, I will edit this post again.)