Sleeping with a Tarot deck under your Pillow? -Have you done this?

Richard

I suppose it is a personal matter. I've slept with the cards, but it didn't do anything.

Debra

It was 1971. The book said I should sleep with it under my pillow, and keep it in a wooden box wrapped in silk. So I did.

I didn't have any silk but I bought the same Indian wooden box as 10,000 other wannabe hippies. They still make them. Later a friend gave me a silk scarf he dyed in his art class. The box is gone, but a scrap of the silk survives and I still wrap my deck in it.

Attachments

• they still sell them.JPG
    they still sell them.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 110

Aulruna

I dimly recall doing that way back when. I can't remember that anything special happened.

However, I like having beloved items close to me, so there is always a heap of stuff on my nightstand, right where I can reach it.

And I ALWAYS end up having intense dreams involving Benedict Cumberbatch whenever I watch Sherlock. I just need to turn him into a deck :D

tarotbear

PS - for all those who lost the deck between the matress and headboard or wall:

Put the deck inside your pillowcase! It can't escape from there! :D

Pam O

I realized that I do TIE the bag closed. If I forget, the cards can slip out because its a shiny, slick made in Italy deck. (Now I want to see if there is a matte Chinese made Spiral Tarot?)

firefrost

I tried sleeping with a card under my pillow a long time ago - all I got was two very rough nights' sleep, worrying in case I damaged it! :rolleyes:

Putting it in the bedside table did nothing for me either...

Grizabella

I think it's just the power of suggestion myself. If you think it's going to work, it does. I've slept with decks before with an open mind to see if that worked. With a couple of them it was just to keep them warm from my body so I could shuffle them more easily in the morning because the card stock was so stiff I couldn't use them if they were cold. But no special dreams came at all. The only time I had dreams that might have been associated with a deck was the Morgan Greer, a deck I don't really like and never use. I think in that case it had more to do with the bright colors of the deck than anything else and I hadn't slept with it anywhere near my bed, anyway. The dreams were just especially colorful and along a fantasy vein, not to do with any images or characters in the deck.

Padma

I just put my infamous "personal" Spiral under my pillow for tonight. I have not had a problem with damage BUT i would only do this with a main stream affordanble deck.

I also often sleep with massage wands under my pillow because they are rounded and smooth, and they are designed with the intension to heal. Hmmmm, I do have a laborador massage wand. Hmmmm, maybe I will add that in the mix. (I believe sunstone and laborador are in the same family plus one more, that I will hopefully remember soon because that answer is filed in my brain...somewhere... :)

ETA: Moonstone, Sunstone & Laboradorite could symbolize the stars maybe?

Interesting thought! I do know I love my Labradorite...shielding, protective...also have had awesome experiences with a necklace made of smoky topaz, brandy topaz, garnets :) makes me feel invincible!

Maybe if you put the Sun, Moon and Star card under the pillow, along with the associated crystals? That would be interesting, to see the result from that! :D

I slept with my Golden last night, and am wearing Kyanite currently - not sure which one did it to me, the deck or the stones, but I am usually a fitful sleeper, and I slept like a rock! ;p it was awesome!

GoldenWolf

For those of you who have slept with your decks, did you still respect it in the morning?

Padma

For those of you who have slept with your decks, did you still respect it in the morning?

Hahahahahaha! Yes, and it ALWAYS calls when it says it will ;)