Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Two

Kahlie

Sophie-David said:
No need to apologize at all Kahlie, but its great to see you around!
This seems to be very much focused on initiating and guiding energy, with choices and partnership/teamwork involved too.
Do you think the voice is referring to you with your throat problems and sickness?

Thank you for the warm welcome Sophie-David, I always feel slightly bad when I can't contribute...
No. Although Graves' Disease can start as an infection (at least that is the popular theory), the feeling of sickness is not the same. I wondered if I will get these Cards or meet somebody who will ask about this cards soon. If I have not for a month, I will take this to mean to me. Yes, I have been guided a lot lately and with a lot of energy....

Sophie-David said:
Losing to the bellybutton suggests to me that there is a disconnect from the mother, where the umbilical cord went to, a lack of nurture and a complete separation from her. Also, relating back to the energy cards above, the naval can be related to or the same as the Solar Plexus chakra (although some treat it as different). This chakra regulates and reflects your own sense of empowerment, energy and health - it is your inner Sun, relating to all the benefits of the Tarot Sun. Loss of the navel could relate to Solar Plexus problems, a blowout of energy. What does it suggest to you?

This message I think, was for me. Yes, I have gotten a huge energy blow-out as is customary after major therapy but I have been taking steps to talk to my doc now about medication issues. I have given blood yesterday and I have a meeting with him Friday.
Yes, I have a disconnect with my mother, although slowly, things are starting to turn different. I am too sick right now, but I feel a lot more love for her in my heart then I used to. She was a great comfort for me in my hospital days and brought me a lot of sunshine that I did not expect.
It was scary to see, but, when the navel was totally "loose" floating above the skin, it didn't look "bad". It looked also like a sense of freedom. It was very strange... It went from fear, wrongness, to total freedom. I guess it suggests to me that I'm starting to get more free of the demons that haunt me of my past & the bad relationship that I have because of that with my mother.
She did actually acknowledge that in my pre-therapy state it must have been hard for me to see the mother of my rapist at my sisters graduation party. I had told my dad that if I would crack, I needed him to bring me home asap. This is a big! plus because it means she is finally acknowledging the rape... or at least the after-effects...

Sophie-David said:
This sounds kind of cute! Or did it come across in a horror-filled way? The girl is perhaps trying to connect with the instincts - the animals - and as a child she is often more in touch with them than adults often are. This could be talking about an inner child as a guide too.

Well, it was cute. She hoodwinked the boys who thought they would be mascots for all-female teams. Hehe. I had to laugh dreaming it. I wondered if this related to somebody who I needed to meet yet (since I'm entertaining plans to work in a Community Center with youths in my spare time).
On a more slightly embarassing note, I guess this also connects to my thinking about "animal" guides. For me, all Guidance comes from God, and he speaks in many different languages. So inside those "animal" guides, there is the lifegiving and wisdom of God. I wonder if I wish to develop from child (hearing them) to trainer (helping others hear them in a form that they can understand)... After Simone did a Reading for me, I was actually pleasantly surprised...

Sophie-David said:
This seems to be a pretty explicit reference to the womb and vaginal area - "she was born in one". The oddity here is that the triangle is pointing up, usually indicating the male counterpart, rather than down. But the inverted triangle could also mean a rebirth of some kind, an ascent.
You will need to consider this carefully. You may well be right, but I also know from my own experience that the ego self will attempt to minimize a dream in one way or another, sometimes by saying, "Oh, that's not for me". It is best to consider that your dreams are "All about me" until proven otherwise - at least try them on for size and see how they fit. It is also entirely possible, in fact typical, that a dream will be speaking about more than one issue at once. One or more levels of the dream may be about you, and other levels may be more general, or about someone else. Dreams are perhaps even more open ended than Tarot cards...

Well, hum... I didn't think of womb yet, certainly... I guess it sounds more like an ascent to me... Especially since messages etc. came through more clearly in the time when I was sick... and are still coming through clearly. I will need to think on it....

Yes, I know most dreams are about ourselves but I have very strong dreams about other people, whom I then meet, but there is also a lesson for me in my dreams and meeting with them... I wonder whom this young distraught woman is that will get a fall flu...

Wishing you deep blessings and a strong recovery - David

Thank you!

Kahlie

psychic sue

Last night, I seemed to be in a kind of school - like "Fame" - a school for dancing and singing. I was about to perform on stage (I seemed to be younger again - a teenager?) and I wasn't nervous at all. I looked around me and I also seemed to be taller (by about 2 feet) than everyone else (in reality, being 5'2" I am rarely taller than anyone, except children!).

I went on to the stage, and did my song and dance - I can't remember the music or the routine - I remember at this stage, being lucid, but only briefly - thinking to myself "hey, this is a dream!". I leave the stage to applause.

Next thing I am on a bus. I still appear to be younger. I am sitting at the back with a boy I had a crush on at school, called Noel, and Peter Andre! (I know, I know..) I found this odd, because in reality Peter is most certainly not my "type". Noel began to kiss me, and again, I felt embarrassed. Then Noel got off the bus. Peter then kissed me - I am shocked and say "what are you playing at, you are married!".

We get off the bus and we appear to both be going to work at a place I used to work when I was about 21.

That's all I can remember.

Similar themes in these dreams to ones I have had before.

Performing on the stage, kissing ex-boyfriends and also kissing celebs who I don't really fancy. Also the "married man" thing comes up again.

I find these dream so hard to dechiper for myself!

psychic sue

Just remembered another part of the dream. When I was in work, an Asian man called a black person a "n****er". I was incensed, and said so. I said I couldn't believe anyone would say that, and that I would be reporting them to the Director. The Asian man got nasty, and began going through my filing cabinet and trashing all my files. I said I wouldn't be bullied and I would report him for that too.

That's about all I can remember from that segment.

Sue x

Lady Mary

Simplify your life!

Hi all,
I've been following this thread for quite some time and find it very fascinating. So now I'm jumping in with a dream I had a couple of days ago and was not too lazy to write it down.

Dream 29th of October:

Two women (sisters) were in the apartment next to me or they were my guests (not very clear). The older of them I associated with a woman I "know" from the ATF. In my dream she was a pharmacist. Everything looked rather shabby and the predominant colors were grey and brown. The beds were unmade.

I talked to the younger of them in a bathroom that looked like a student
home's bathroom. She told me that they had to go before court because of an inheritance. Their father had died and he had left everything to the older
sister (the pharmacist). But since the older sister was very well off and
didn't need the money, they wanted to sue (the dead father?), so the younger one would inherit the money.

I remember that I was stunned about how complicated they approached this
case. Why did the older one not simply hand the inheritance over to the
younger one? Why did they want to sue and deal with the court? With that question I woke up.

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
Last night, I seemed to be in a kind of school - like "Fame" - a school for dancing and singing. I was about to perform on stage (I seemed to be younger again - a teenager?) and I wasn't nervous at all. I looked around me and I also seemed to be taller (by about 2 feet) than everyone else (in reality, being 5'2" I am rarely taller than anyone, except children!).

I went on to the stage, and did my song and dance - I can't remember the music or the routine - I remember at this stage, being lucid, but only briefly - thinking to myself "hey, this is a dream!". I leave the stage to applause.
I think the connection with art, set in your youth, is positive. You have recently be doing some art work, and I believe the dream director may be encouraging this to continue. In our youth and childhood we are typically freer and more artistic, but as we grow into adulthood we may leave these things behind. The psyche takes us back so that we can choose differently, building on who we were before. It sounds like you were doing an outstanding job, a giant in your field! ;)
psychic sue said:
Next thing I am on a bus. I still appear to be younger. I am sitting at the back with a boy I had a crush on at school, called Noel, and Peter Andre! (I know, I know..) I found this odd, because in reality Peter is most certainly not my "type". Noel began to kiss me, and again, I felt embarrassed. Then Noel got off the bus. Peter then kissed me - I am shocked and say "what are you playing at, you are married!".
As in the earlier dream a few days ago, there is a discomfort with the sexual advances. Although you don't find them unpleasant, I don't have the impression that they were big hits either. If they were then you likely wouldn't have had time to think of being embarrassed!
psychic sue said:
We get off the bus and we appear to both be going to work at a place I used to work when I was about 21.

That's all I can remember.

Similar themes in these dreams to ones I have had before.

Performing on the stage, kissing ex-boyfriends and also kissing celebs who I don't really fancy. Also the "married man" thing comes up again.

I find these dream so hard to dechiper for myself!
Going back to the earlier dream:
psychic sue said:
Next thing, I am in bed (not in a sexual way) with a man, who appears to be a kind of amalgam of ex-boyfirends. He takes me outside to show me his pets - a hamster, a rabbit and a dog. They all look happy and very healthy.
This is an interesting term, the "amalgam of ex-boyfriends", suggesting a generic or archetypal masculinity. His pets live outside - a place you are currently not comfortable with - but in this environment he is nurturing at the animal-instinctual level. I think this is the internalized positive masculine who helps you assert yourself and ground yourself in the world, as opposed the the negative masculine who abandons you there. But like me being seduced by the Secret Agent, or reluctantly in bed with Natalie (the "heart") and deflecting the erotic component by starting a conversation on left-brained astronomy and higher mathematics :rolleyes:, your ego is resisting this union with the positive contrasexual part of the psyche.

A process needs to be gone through before you will be ready for this integration. In the meantime, the dream ego is tentative, squirming around the issues, but gradually adapting. Unlike waking reality, in erotic encounters with dream celebrities their actual marital or relationship status is usually irrelevant. Celebrities are by definition expressing the archetypes, and unless you know one personally, there actual personal life would not normally enter into it. Your concern about his marital status in the dream may be an expression of your ambivalence to what these same archetypes are manifesting in your own psyche.

For example, in my own eroticism, I am strongly attracted to the archetype of Arwen Evenstar, and since Liv Tyler plays this character in the movies, to her as an actor. But if I were to have a dream about Liv Tyler, it is likely that her actual personal relationships would be irrelevant since she would be playing the role of that Arwen archetype in my dream, not actually appearing as herself. Ever the conservative, the dream ego might in this situation say, "I can't go to bed with her, that's Liv Tyler", obscuring the fact that the dream is seeking to engage the dreamer in an archetypal union with Arwen Evenstar.

What I am suggesting is that these sexual encounters may be playing out at the symbolic level of one part of your psyche seeking integration with another. Although this dream or psycho-sexuality includes a component of physical eroticism, the physical is actually only a small part of it. The actual physical person the dream is based on is usually even less significant, it is instead their symbolic significance to you that is worth considering.

It is odd that the dreams are of celebrities you are not particularly attracted to. Therefore they may not be representing erotic attraction at all, but an attraction to some other aspect of their personnas. And it could be Peter's youth that is significant here, the same youth that might make him less attractive to you in waking reality.

Now, it is true that Peter Andre may well represent the archetype of the married man. Then the question is in what way is this manifest. Does he represent the attractive but unobtainable part of yourself, whom the dream ego cuts off with a prohibitive rule, "You are married"? Or is he illustrating a superficial and inappropriate attraction, a distraction which takes you away from your best path?

In any event, these dreams seem to be asking more questions than they are answering, and this in itself can be a strong and positive indicator of fresh growth.

Sophie-David

Two Sisters and an Inheritance

Lady Mary said:
Hi all,
I've been following this thread for quite some time and find it very fascinating. So now I'm jumping in with a dream I had a couple of days ago and was not too lazy to write it down.

Dream 29th of October:

Two women (sisters) were in the apartment next to me or they were my guests (not very clear). The older of them I associated with a woman I "know" from the ATF. In my dream she was a pharmacist. Everything looked rather shabby and the predominant colors were grey and brown. The beds were unmade.

I talked to the younger of them in a bathroom that looked like a student
home's bathroom. She told me that they had to go before court because of an inheritance. Their father had died and he had left everything to the older
sister (the pharmacist). But since the older sister was very well off and
didn't need the money, they wanted to sue (the dead father?), so the younger one would inherit the money.

I remember that I was stunned about how complicated they approached this
case. Why did the older one not simply hand the inheritance over to the
younger one? Why did they want to sue and deal with the court? With that question I woke up.
Hi Lady Mary! Welcome!

It may take me a little while to get used to your dream dialect, so analysis here will be rather tentative. The older sister who is the pharmacist seems to be connected with mundane drab colours, material success, and conservative legalism. Although the dream doesn't call her the executive or the queen, she may represent the Saturnine conservative in your psyche.

You encounter the younger woman in the bathroom, a place of cleansing, relaxation and renewal. She is connected with student imagery, someone who is on a quest to learn and improve themselves.

But in this dream the father of these two sisters has died, leaving them a treasure of resources - and I would suggest they were the inner resources of masculine assertion and psychic energy. Instead of distributing this psychic seminal energy equally to both the active and exploratory younger sister and the stabilizing and manifesting older one, all the resources are going towards the more conservative values. The dynamic and probably more creative youth is being ignored.

Now the sisters realize that this is an inappropriate distribution, but they seem to be at a loss to use their hearts to simply share the resources together. There is perhaps a distrust or divide between them. So they both resort to left brained legalism or objectivity as a solution.

As you realized in the dream, this is of course a silly and ineffective solution. Legal proceedings will only drive the two apart rather than uniting the principles of creative dynamic and objective discipline in a harmonius symbiosis. Because the youth has not be empowered, she has been co-opted into conservatism.

Lady Mary, this may be a message to let a more youthful and adventurous spirit out into your life. You have realized that there is a problem and you are now seeking a more creative solution.

Deep Blessings - David

Lady Mary

Sophie-David said:
Lady Mary, this may be a message to let a more youthful and adventurous spirit out into your life. You have realized that there is a problem and you are now seeking a more creative solution.
Dear David,
Thank you so much for the welcome and your interpretation. I really can relate to what you said. Things are changing in my life, but everything is going very slow. And in fact I think that I approach things often way too complicated. And I've had to deal with bad feelings concerning my father and how our relationship was when I was I child. Everything was nearly forgotten (but not forgiven) but these feelings have come up with great force lately.

psychic sue

Thank you once again David, for your help. I am a little confused as to why I would be dreaming about people I don't consciously "fancy". When you say:

Now, it is true that Peter Andre may well represent the archetype of the married man. Then the question is in what way is this manifest. Does he represent the attractive but unobtainable part of yourself, whom the dream ego cuts off with a prohibitive rule, "You are married"? Or is he illustrating a superficial and inappropriate attraction, a distraction which takes you away from your best path?

I have to conclude it is the first option, as I can't really think of anyone in waking life that this "inappropriate attraction" may fit. As you know, I do have a problem with low self-esteem, so maybe this is how it is manifesting.

Last night I had a lovely lucid.

I flew off my bed, out of the bedroom window. I looked out across the "map" that opened up below me, and saw in the distance, a native american chief with full head-dress on. "Lightning Tree!" I thought, and flew straight over to him.

When I arrived there, the Chief I had seen, was in fact a carved wooden statue - Lightning Tree stood beside it. He was wearing a very ordinary blue tunic top and pants - not what I would have expected him to wear!

"Lightning Tree" I say, "at last we meet" - he takes my hands and looks into my eyes. I am feeling quite emotional. He looks younger than I expected - about 35 - with tanned, weather-worn skin and longish dark hair.

"We must pray together" he says. We kneel at these kind of church pews (we are not in a building, these appear to be outside) and then he leads the prayer. All I can remember is, he says "we seek the truth Lord".

Then we go into a building (can't remember what sort or what it looked like). There are a group of women in there. One is crying "it's too enclosed for me in here" she says "I am claustrophobic".
"Don't worry" I say "We are in my dream. I will just make the walls bigger!" and I do!

That's about all I can remember. I think this may be about the power of positive thinking. By "making the walls bigger" I am dispalying control, something which I need in my daily life - to make the "walls bigger" and feel comfortable outside. It IS within my power.

Sue x

psychic sue

I also received a further aural message last night.

Veritas Veritatum.

Which apparently means, the Truth of Truths. This fits nicely with Lightning Tree's prayer in my dream.

Sue x

Sophie-David

Meeting Lightning Tree, and the Archetypal Dance

psychic sue said:
"Lightning Tree" I say, "at last we meet" - he takes my hands and looks into my eyes. I am feeling quite emotional. He looks younger than I expected - about 35 - with tanned, weather-worn skin and longish dark hair.
How wonderful Sue! You've really made my day, and I'm sure this dream has made yours too! I don't think there's anything I can add to your analysis - but wow! :)

In shower analysis this morning, I was thinking further about the puzzle of you dreaming about people whom you don't consciously fancy and relating it to my dream experience of going to bed with Natalie and having an abstract conversation. Now when you think about it, this situation really seems completely absurd! Since Natalie reflects the archetype of the Romantic Beloved there should be no possible scenario that could be more irresistably attractive - by definition I was in bed with the absolute ideal partner. But the dream ego could not cope with her overwhelming power, and it is as if somehow I was seeing her through a fog.

So perhaps in your own psyche you somehow substituted the less numinous for the more - this was the best defense the ego could make to an otherwise uncontrollable attraction. And perhaps the "married factor" was just another layer of control. There is more than one way to defuse and isolate the power of the Inner Beloved than to trap her as I had in "Sophie's Cell". However, I think that the fact that these dreams are occuring at all indicates that the Beloved is trying to break through your defenses, and this is an encouraging sign. It seems that there is typically a subtle and complex dance which the Ego and the Beloved must accomplish together. This romance is perhaps just as important and transformative than the union itself.

In any event, I was just trying to follow up a bit on the previous episodes, but this breakthrough of meeting Lightning Tree is much more significant! Sue, I do suggest you try to expand on this dream as much as possible, perhaps using a Tarot spread, some art work or creative writing. Also try to return to the dream in your conscious mind and dialogue with each component, not only Lightning Tree and the woman who was crying, but the statue of the chief, and the elements of the scene such as the church pews and the claustrophobic building. This dream is a rare treasure that is worth savouring in as much depth as possible! :)

Deep Blessings (which you just had) - David