Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Two

Lady Mary

More sisters!

I had another dream where a sister appeared, this time my own sister.

Dream 1st of November:

I dreamt that my sister and her husband, and my boyfriend and I, were on a trip in NYC. We stayed at a hotel and we were given two rooms.

The room for my sister and her husband was huge and the double bed looked very small in this enormous room. The room for my boyfriend and me was very small and the double bed filled the room nearly completely. I was a little disappointed that we had gotten such a small room, but then I thought it’s not that bad, because the small room looked more cozy. But both rooms seemed shabby and drab, not much light coming through the heavily curtained windows.

It was me who inspected both rooms further (I can’t remember that the others went into the rooms) and to my surprise and dismay in each of the beds (always on one side) was a stranger. The men were asleep, covered up to their ears behind layers of grayish-white blankets. The impression was that of a military hospital.

So we couldn’t use the rooms and we stayed (slept?) in the lobby on a leather sofa. It was also rather dark there; the predominant colors different shades of brown.

The next day I went to the reception demanding other rooms. I was in some dispute with the receptionist, because I wanted better rooms and rooms on a higher floor. We had had all these troubles with the guys in our beds and had to sleep in the lobby, so I considered it only fair that we should be given better rooms now. He offered me rooms on the 3rd floor, which I didn’t want, because they would be too dark. It was very important for me to get rooms on a higher floor. The receptionist seemed not to be very helpful; he was looking into the computer for a long time, but didn’t come up with some solution. Also the others (my sister, her husband, my boyfriend) neither seemed to care much about the rooms nor did they support me. I felt a little lonely in my attempt to get better rooms on a higher floor.

psychic sue

My lovely dream was followed last night by a hideous nightmare.

I was driving my car, and it was skidding all over the place - it was snowing and icy - and I was desperately trying to control it. Three Policemen appeared and were "marking" me on how well I was doing. "You did better than a lot of professional drivers" said one of the Policemen.

Next thing I am inside the house. I am sitting on the floor. Two dogs, one black one brown, run over to me. At first they are licking me and jumping around, then they start to turn nasty. The brown one bites my leg - in the calf area - and his teeth get stuck in the wound. I could feel the teeth in my leg and it was agony. A woman (who I didn't know) came to help me and got the dog off me and put a tourniquet on my leg. "Call an Ambulance" she was shouting.

Next thing I woke up (or I thought I had woke up). The 2 dogs came at me again. This time one of them bit off my pinky finger. I saw the bloody stump and screamed.

I woke up in a sweat.

I have been thinking about this. I think the first dream relates to low self esteem, it's pretty obvious!

The dog dreams, I think, hark back to "old wounds" - trusting people (the dogs, faithful friends) and then having them wound you. Something was damaged which can be healed, but something was taken away forever...

psychic sue

More on Veritas Veritatum.

I was listening to some Ian Dury on the net yesterday, and one song in particular called "this is what we find".

In one verse Ian says "Oh Veritas Veritatum, which of us is happy in this life? Which of us has our desire, or having it, is satisfied?".

Milfoil

Lately I have experienced very few dreams and of those I do remember fragments of, they have been nonsensical or completely mundane re-workings of my daily routine etc.

I have been trying so hard to progress with my spiritual awareness; trying to connect to guides, see meaning in my dreams etc that I think I have actually been hindering the process.

Yesterday I was so angry that months of perseverance had seemingly resulted in nothing of any use that I swore to let it be and move on to other things - this clearly was not the way for me and if guides etc did not want to communicate with me then so be it, my path must lie in another direction.

Last night I remember dreaming many things but the most significant was being handed/given two objects of orange cloth. The woman who gave them to me looked vaguely familiar and I think she once gave me another item in a dream some months ago (I could be wrong!).

Researching the colour orange and its many meanings depending on context, I feel that the message I received was telling me that by letting go, I have finally achieved a new energy, a release from that which held me back etc. Like the orange robes of the buddhist monks, the orange may well have been a reminder that when the leaf falls from the tree it has let go of earthly concerns. Perhaps this was a message along the same sort of lines.

Whatever the interpretation I am happy that my dreams have not abandoned me completely ;)

Sophie-David

Hope is Eternal

Milfoil said:
Last night I remember dreaming many things but the most significant was being handed/given two objects of orange cloth. The woman who gave them to me looked vaguely familiar and I think she once gave me another item in a dream some months ago (I could be wrong!).

Researching the colour orange and its many meanings depending on context, I feel that the message I received was telling me that by letting go, I have finally achieved a new energy, a release from that which held me back etc. Like the orange robes of the buddhist monks, the orange may well have been a reminder that when the leaf falls from the tree it has let go of earthly concerns. Perhaps this was a message along the same sort of lines.
Indeed Milfoil, a message of Hope! Noting the colour orange, check out the picture I just posted for my thread on Hope, my card of the week...

Sophie-David

Coping with Ice and Betrayal

psychic sue said:
My lovely dream was followed last night by a hideous nightmare.

I was driving my car, and it was skidding all over the place - it was snowing and icy - and I was desperately trying to control it. Three Policemen appeared and were "marking" me on how well I was doing. "You did better than a lot of professional drivers" said one of the Policemen.... I have been thinking about this. I think the first dream relates to low self esteem, it's pretty obvious!
Hi Sue

How interesting Sue, that's not what I thought at all! My take on it was how heroically you were coping with the feelings (frozen emotions) of not being in control, and that your internal Saturnine authority, your policeman/evaluator, was most impressed! I suppose its one of those glass half full/half empty perceptions...

psychic sue said:
Next thing I am inside the house. I am sitting on the floor. Two dogs, one black one brown, run over to me. At first they are licking me and jumping around, then they start to turn nasty. The brown one bites my leg - in the calf area - and his teeth get stuck in the wound. I could feel the teeth in my leg and it was agony. A woman (who I didn't know) came to help me and got the dog off me and put a tourniquet on my leg. "Call an Ambulance" she was shouting.

Next thing I woke up (or I thought I had woke up). The 2 dogs came at me again. This time one of them bit off my pinky finger. I saw the bloody stump and screamed.

I woke up in a sweat....

The dog dreams, I think, hark back to "old wounds" - trusting people (the dogs, faithful friends) and then having them wound you. Something was damaged which can be healed, but something was taken away forever...
How nasty Sue! Yes, your analysis makes perfect sense to me...

Deep Blessings - David

Sophie-David

The New York Hotel

Lady Mary said:
I had another dream where a sister appeared, this time my own sister.

Dream 1st of November:

I dreamt that my sister and her husband, and my boyfriend and I, were on a trip in NYC. We stayed at a hotel and we were given two rooms.

The room for my sister and her husband was huge and the double bed looked very small in this enormous room. The room for my boyfriend and me was very small and the double bed filled the room nearly completely. I was a little disappointed that we had gotten such a small room, but then I thought it’s not that bad, because the small room looked more cozy. But both rooms seemed shabby and drab, not much light coming through the heavily curtained windows.
Hi Lady Mary

What does NYC, the Big Apple, mean to you? Perhaps both dirt and poverty as well as activity and culture? At this point the beds and rooms seem a bit like the Goldilocks syndrome at work: one room to big, one room too small - neither room suitable! Where is the room that is just right?

Lady Mary said:
It was me who inspected both rooms further (I can’t remember that the others went into the rooms) and to my surprise and dismay in each of the beds (always on one side) was a stranger. The men were asleep, covered up to their ears behind layers of grayish-white blankets. The impression was that of a military hospital.
On which side were the strangers sleeping? That's an important clue: when you see or take the right turn the left brain is leading; when its the left side the right brain is involved - almost always from the dream observer's point of view.

It sounds like these are wounded soldiers then, beaten down and isolated by the shabby, drab, grey and mundane of the everyday world. This is not a place that "you" - the dream ego - can rest in, there will be no restoration of the body or soul at this dreary level.

Lady Mary said:
So we couldn’t use the rooms and we stayed (slept?) in the lobby on a leather sofa. It was also rather dark there; the predominant colors different shades of brown.
There seems to be no other room at the inn, and its not much better in the hallway either.

Lady Mary said:
The next day I went to the reception demanding other rooms. I was in some dispute with the receptionist, because I wanted better rooms and rooms on a higher floor. We had had all these troubles with the guys in our beds and had to sleep in the lobby, so I considered it only fair that we should be given better rooms now. He offered me rooms on the 3rd floor, which I didn’t want, because they would be too dark. It was very important for me to get rooms on a higher floor. The receptionist seemed not to be very helpful; he was looking into the computer for a long time, but didn’t come up with some solution. Also the others (my sister, her husband, my boyfriend) neither seemed to care much about the rooms nor did they support me. I felt a little lonely in my attempt to get better rooms on a higher floor.
You are actively seeking to ascend above the mundane. This is a journey that only you can make for yourself - your family cannot do it for you. Whether this family represents themselves or your own inner family, the dream ego - and the waking ego - has to engage in the solution. You are preparing to do so...

Deep Blessings - David

Milfoil

Another facet of the interpretation - thankyou Sophie-David.

Lady Mary

Dear David,

Thank you so much for interpreting my dream and giving me all these hints. You really help me a lot and your comments are so spot on.

Sophie-David said:
What does NYC, the Big Apple, mean to you? Perhaps both dirt and poverty as well as activity and culture?
It's a fascinating City for me, but not a place where I'd like to live. I've been to NYC twice. I remember the darkness (because of all these skyscrapers) and steam coming up from below and I remember thinking that this must be the place nearest to hell. A city so full of live, but also of pain. Great for the rich, but so bad for the poor.

Sophie-David said:
On which side were the strangers sleeping? That's an important clue: when you see or take the right turn the left brain is leading; when its the left side the right brain is involved - almost always from the dream observer's point of view.
From my point of view (looking into the rooms) they were on the left side. Would that mean the right side of the brain was leading - meaning the creative, intuitive side?

Lady Mary

Suicide

Dream 5/6th of November:

The dream took place at the house where I lived as a child (and where my parents still live). I was outside in a meadow with my mother. It was fall, and most of the yellow and brown leaves had fallen and the ground was covered. It looked rather wet and it was getting dark. We talked about some bad news, something bad that had happened (maybe of someone who had died – but I can’t remember the details). Suddenly my mother started running and it was clear to me that she would try to commit suicide. She was heading towards a drop-off and I could see a stony path winding down to a gully. At soon as she was at the edge of the drop-off she jumped. I could see her body tumbling down and finally come to a halt.

All the time my reaction was somewhat half-hearted. First I didn’t make much of an effort to run after her and stop her from jumping. Then when I saw her tumbling down I felt horrified but at the same time I was concerned that the ravine wouldn’t be deep enough, so she would have to suffer great pain (before dying?), instead of being dead immediately. I didn’t go down to where her body lay to see if she needed help, even though there was this stony path leading down.

Instead I ran back to the house and called 911.

In my grandmother’s room (she died many years ago) my Aunt Fanny (who also died many years ago – she was my mother’s favorite sister and my favorite aunt) and her daughter Edith (in my dream she was still a child with long blond hair) were in my grandmother’s bed. The room was brightly lit, and I must have woken them up. I tried to give my aunt the message without having Edith hear it as well. When Edith stood up to go to the bathroom I told her: Something very bad has happened: Three people are dead. And your sister is dead. But even though I had tried to give the message to my aunt secretly, Edith overheard it. Both of them were upset, but neither of them freaked out.

I went back into the kitchen. It was pitch-dark by now but I didn’t turn the light on. I was horrified by the thought that my mother was out there and I didn’t do anything. I looked out of the window. I saw a small light, like from a tiny torch, and knew some help must have arrived.

I tried to find my winter shoes, since snow had fallen in the meantime and the ground was white. I was surprised that winter had come so early this year. Edith handed me some shoes; they were these thick winter shoes for inside, but I couldn’t wear them outside. Finally I found my shoes.

I went outside and saw a single man looking down at my mother’s body. He said: Obviously she’s dead. But he was not very clear about that.

I was again back in the house and I talked (with my father?) about the suicide of a young woman. I felt a rage towards her because everything had seemed to be okay. The dream ended with a poem somebody had written about the young woman:

She always came here to play with her child
She drank coffee
And then she killed herself