Stones for chronic pain?

DownwardSpiral

I've noticed that placing stones directly on the area doesn't seem to help much... the pain just moves, like it's running away from the crystal :laugh: So far the best thing has been meditating with them. I'll keep trying different things as you suggest. Thanks :)

This makes me think is there a crystal that could "absorb"/"change" the energy somehow?
Also if you don't have the blue kyanite there's other crystals that are said to work on all the chakras. I'm sorry I can't think of any offhand but at the healing crystals for you website I know I've looked up crystals and read this as one of the properties of more than one crystal.

And I agree with Lotus...sometimes you need to keep pushing it and seek another opinion. And good for you to seek the help of crystals : ) I do hope you find one or most likely a combination that will work for you.

Padma

you could always try one of these chakra pendants, as well, like the one N1ghts0ng speaks about here: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=181123

Sometimes, with crystals, you just have to keep trying and then adjusting things...adding or removing to the mix you use...and also cleansing and recharging them is important, too. As well, they usually take some time to work. Blue Kyanite I find works fast, as does Alexandrite, but I find a lot of the other stones take time. I had a dream the other night about using some green Dalmation Jasper, and in my dream, the crystal healer told me "it takes at least 21 days to work" lol! So don't move too quickly - pick one or two, and then build on them over time...sure hope they work for you!

And DownwardSpiral is also correct, there are others besides Kyanite that operate to do a full chakra cleansing. You might want to spend an hour or two looking through some healing crystal sites :) as well as reading some of the crystal studies posted here over the last few months. Lots of good info in there :)

one last thing - there is also a phenomenon called a "healing crisis" which basically means that you begin to use something (like a specific crystal or a medicine or whatever) and you immediately temporarily feel worse ;p as though all of your symptoms have sharpened dramatically. This does ease off in the first 24 hours but it is also taken as a sign that the medicine is working - as long as you DO begin to feel progressively better and better the next day! ;)

Also, many people I know who work with crystals for healing - and myself included - have felt a sudden rush of blood to the heart when working with a particular crystal - your heart just suddenly begins to beat like crazy, can feel almost like the sign of a panic attack - but this passes quickly, and is taken as a sign that you have personally "connected" or are aligned to the crystal. It's a good thing, trust me! After the heart rush, one normally feels slightly euphoric (probably because of the rush of blood to the head! lol!)

N1ghts0ng

i may be wrong, but it's just an idea i wanted to throw out. if the pain of fibromyalgia is caused by overactive firing of nerves, an excess of energy moving through the receptors, perhaps a stone to try would be hematite to try and ground the excess energy.

i also feel like suggesting raw amber. as it's fossilized tree resin, it must carry "tree-like" properties...most importantly in my thinking, the sense of rootedness, which again goes towards the idea of grounding energy.

I also like amethyst, clear quartz, and blue quartz, all of which (to me) have very "cool" and "soothing" energies. Of course everyone responds to crystals differently so it'll be good to experiment with the suggestions everyone has given and see if any work for you.

Padma

i may be wrong, but it's just an idea i wanted to throw out. if the pain of fibromyalgia is caused by overactive firing of nerves, an excess of energy moving through the receptors, perhaps a stone to try would be hematite to try and ground the excess energy.

i also feel like suggesting raw amber. as it's fossilized tree resin, it must carry "tree-like" properties...most importantly in my thinking, the sense of rootedness, which again goes towards the idea of grounding energy.

I also like amethyst, clear quartz, and blue quartz, all of which (to me) have very "cool" and "soothing" energies. Of course everyone responds to crystals differently so it'll be good to experiment with the suggestions everyone has given and see if any work for you.

Those were good suggestions, NS :) I thought especially your Amber suggestion, as it is known as "the Master Healer". And as Haemetite is meant to also impart invulnerability (and from my experience, it does!) it may strengthen Dawn's resolve, and beat back the pain, or at least make her less susceptible to it :) also liked the images set off by cooling and soothing energies of blue and purple :)

dawntarot

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions :)

This is really interesting. For as long as I can remember I have been drawn to hematite like a magnet... I used to wear a chunk of it around my neck on a ribbon all the time. I lost it though so I stopped wearing it. And just recently I have been really pulled towards these amber rings in one of my local shops. I was planning to buy one when I get my next payslip anyway...

Also I popped in to get a couple of things and ended up taking a piece of fluorite home with me. I'd never even heard of it before but this particular piece all but yelled at me to take it. It's about the size and shape of a marble. It's been sleeping in my bed, then today it's demanded to come to work with me. I know nothing about this stone so I have no idea what it's for or if I am simply going mad :D

How do you know when a crystal is cleansed? I use water, moon and sun, but I don't know how to tell the difference...

Thanks again everyone
Dawn

N1ghts0ng

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions :)

This is really interesting. For as long as I can remember I have been drawn to hematite like a magnet... I used to wear a chunk of it around my neck on a ribbon all the time. I lost it though so I stopped wearing it. And just recently I have been really pulled towards these amber rings in one of my local shops. I was planning to buy one when I get my next payslip anyway...

Also I popped in to get a couple of things and ended up taking a piece of fluorite home with me. I'd never even heard of it before but this particular piece all but yelled at me to take it. It's about the size and shape of a marble. It's been sleeping in my bed, then today it's demanded to come to work with me. I know nothing about this stone so I have no idea what it's for or if I am simply going mad :D
i love my fluorite!! hmmm...there's another thread in here about IF YOU WERE A CRYSTAL...sorry, i don't know how to link threads. Fluorite was my stone, it's a "thinker's" stone, it helps with discernment and organization.

How do you know when a crystal is cleansed? I use water, moon and sun, but I don't know how to tell the difference...

Thanks again everyone
Dawn
i use different techniques, such as fresh water, salt, sage/smudge, energy, sun/moon...just depending on the crystal. for me a crystal feels clean when i can hold it in my hand, and feel a small hum/vibration from it. sometimes i need to close my eyes and relax to feel it. also, and this may just be me, but when a crystal is "dirty" it feels slick to my touch, like there's oil or something on it. not the same as a smooth tumbled/polished crystal...more like a greasy feel... so if i clean it, it doesn't feel greasy to my touch

Padma

I find my crystals tend to feel "drained" and look pale when they need cleansing/charging ;) After charging (and my neighbor, who is also working with crystals, has noted the same) they tend to look deeper in colour, almost "juicy" looking, and they practically shout to be used ;) it's likely just my imagination! lol...

That's awesome that you love Haemetite and wanted Amber already, Dawn! See, the right stones for you are already speaking to you :) that's cool!

Fluorite is said to be good for dispelling chaos, gaining a calm and objective outlook, improves the immune system and fights viruses. Of course, it all depends on which colour fluorite you have...each colour has its speciality ;)

And no, you aren't going mad - or, if you are, then you are in good company! :laugh: my crystals announce their presence in my mind and tell me, "wear me today" lol!

PathWalker

No-one has yet suggested Malachite?
Used since Eygptian times for pain relief, might be worth a try?

dawntarot

Thanks for the advice about cleansing. I'm fairly new to all this so I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what each crystal likes best :)

My fluorite is nearly transparent and a similar colour to aquamarine... very very pretty :)

Dawn