Tarot of Pagan Cats

Netzach

I didn't realise it was SO new. Definitely on my wish list!

cardlady22

I don't do pre-orders, but this one is on my Wish List. Thank you for the heads-up, Lillie! I'd love to see the Six of Swords when someone gets a chance.

DaughterOfDanu

How exactly does the deck tie into its name, Tarot of the Pagan Cats?

The image I saw made it look like a RWS with cats. I haven't seen anything to actually show that it's got a Pagan theme to it like other decks. For example, the Pagan tarot.

Lillie

cardlady22 said:
I don't do pre-orders, but this one is on my Wish List. Thank you for the heads-up, Lillie! I'd love to see the Six of Swords when someone gets a chance.

Oh yes! That's a very interesting one.
No boat!

SolSionnach

Um, no. Tarot of Pagan Cats is right up there with Tarot of Celtic Dragons. Take two über-popular terms, add them together, and presto-chango! you have a mega-hit on your hands.

Although, if Lillie actually *likes* it... um... perhaps there's something there. I have a good friend who is a cat lover - where did you get this deck?

Lillie

TreeLeafe said:
How exactly does the deck tie into its name, Tarot of the Pagan Cats?

The image I saw made it look like a RWS with cats. I haven't seen anything to actually show that it's got a Pagan theme to it like other decks. For example, the Pagan tarot.

Hmmm.

What would you expect to see?

I haven't got the pagan tarot, isn't it the one with computers and stuff in it?
What makes that pagan?

Mojo Twin 2

How on earth did you get this deck so far before its release date? I suppose I could be missing something...

cardlady22

Doesn't everyone adore Lillie? :grin:
ETA: seriously, it's an Advance Copy, right?

DaughterOfDanu

Lillie said:
Hmmm.

What would you expect to see?

I haven't got the pagan tarot, isn't it the one with computers and stuff in it?
What makes that pagan?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-tarot/index.shtml

This is the Pagan Tarot's images. There's a lot of cards that reference Pagan religions- specifically ones that work with witchcraft (Like Wicca). With a "Pagan" themed Tarot, I'd expect to see at least some symbolism or images that have witchcraft in a religious aspect in them. Like cats performing a ceremony or spell of some kind.

The Pagan Tarot is more a take on modern Pagans. So it does have a modern feel but still has Pagan elements in it.

Lillie

cardlady22 said:
Doesn't everyone adore Lillie? :grin:
ETA: seriously, it's an Advance Copy, right?

Well yes, I suppose it is.

But I'm in Europe and I don't think it's long till it's out here, so I don't think it's very advanced.