Tarot: Predictive or something far deeper

tmgrl2

mac22 said:
I work p/t as a Consultant of a major hosp burn unit. I do Reiki & Chi Gong energy healings. This works well with severe burn pts. In part because there is no need to touch the pt.

To help train very skeptical MDs in energy healing I often go on dowsing "expeditions" I often use coffee stirrers, as dowsing rods -- The hospital cafeteria noticed a big up tick in coffee stirrer use - tracked me down and asked that I/we buy our own:laugh: -- which we now do, same with spoons & forks for bending:D

My point here is these advanced mental/spiritual/healing skills can be taught.

Mac22

.......or we all have these skills, more latent in some than others, because some of us simply believe in them and listen to the small inner voices that speak. No matter the tool. Sometimes, as with Umbrae's off-take on the gas pedal, it is a split instant instinctual action, yet one based on some kind of internal processing of information that may be available to all of us.

I believe that hindsight examination is a helpful tool, though, to use for many such experiences.

Thank you, too, Mary for your input...the blog story is a fascinating example and look what it started here!

terri

mac22

tmgrl2 said:
.......or we all have these skills, more latent in some than others, because some of us simply believe in them and listen to the small inner voices that speak. No matter the tool. Sometimes, as with Umbrae's off-take on the gas pedal, it is a split instant instinctual action, yet one based on some kind of internal processing of information that may be available to all of us.

I believe that hindsight examination is a helpful tool, though, to use for many such experiences.

Thank you, too, Mary for your input...the blog story is a fascinating example and look what it started here!

terri

Hindsight, meditation, open discussion, journaling [and Mac22's Thurs. cook to-order omelets -- in Wizzle's omelet pan] are important tools in learning these types of skills IMHO.

Mac22

tmgrl2

mac22 said:
Hindsight, meditation, open discussion, & journaling are important tools in learning these types of skills IMHO.

Mac22

Yes....that's the beauty of the kinds of activities and work Mary does when she works with people in groups.

Most of us, many of us, have ourselves...have AT! ....The Process posts (and now a CD!) by Umbrae were immensely helpful to me along the way.

terri

Sorry ...off-topic a little....

mac22

tmgrl2 said:
Yes....that's the beauty of the kinds of activities and work Mary does when she works with people in groups.

Most of us, many of us, have ourselves...have AT! ....The Process posts (and now a CD!) by Umbrae were immensely helpful to me along the way.

terri

Sorry ...off-topic a little....

The more we can discuss things -- the more AH-HA moments others can have....:)

.... And yes my "Process CDs" are in the mail.... WHOOHOO.:D

Mac22

Major Tom

I've followed this fascinating discussion and think we may all have learned something from it.

I only want to point out that there is one prediction any one can make about any one with 100% accuracy.

So please indulge me while I make this prediction about YOU:

You are going to die.

To my mind that particular prediction puts the whole idea of making predictions in perspective, especially in terms of accuracy.

Alta

That isn't a prediction. It would be a prediction if you could say how or when. It is just stating the basic facts of life and death.

Alta

The crowned one

The farther ahead you predict or the less you see, the lower the chance of accuracy as more unknowns come into play.

A simple example: I walk into the room with a hot cup of coffee, my wife sees me do that. She can predict with close to 100% accuracy I will have a sip. I could trip and drop the cup, but likely I will get a sip in. Now My wife walks into the room a cup of coffee is sitting in front of me, she predicts I will have a sip based on what she see's. But what was hidden from her is that my coffee was from yesterday and I had not taken the cup back to the kichen, I will not be sipping that coffee. Our life experiences and perceptions, and EXPECTATIONS really cloud prediction and perhaps change reality.

Major Tom that is a prediction as you just foretold a future. If it happens to me it will become a fact, but it has not yet and I have hope it never will. I do not accept death as a fact in spite of all my experiences with it...much more then the average person. I am either monumentally naive or optimistic.. for now I will say optimistic.

I do not accept your reality of that being 100% accurate.

EDIT but I respect your right to believe it :)

Teheuti

And then there are the times that no matter what you think you are asking, the cards give you a prediction that only makes sense later.

I was "grabbed" by something I saw on the internet - that wouldn't let me go. When I realized that I kept asking a question in my head about this item I drew three cards to answer my question, but then found myself resisting an interpretation.

So I posted my question and cards on my blog—inviting responses. In describing the situation ("best cities for dating") I mentioned my father twice as I ended up in many of those cities through his job. He died two days later (on 9/11) and I suddenly realized that a couple of literal elements in the cards related very strongly to him.

There are several other, equally valid, levels to this reading, but I was struck by what can only be seen now as something about my father that was present from the beginning of the incident, but which I would never have seen if it hadn't paralleled (or even predicted) his death at this time.

The situation is on my blog which is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Rosanne

Teheuti said:
And then there are the times that no matter what you think you are asking, the cards give you a prediction that only makes sense later.
<snip>......
There are several other, equally valid, levels to this reading, but I was struck by what can only be seen now as something about my father that was present from the beginning of the incident, but which I would never have seen if it hadn't paralleled (or even predicted) his death at this time.

There is something very important in this post about hindsight; but more importantly for me- that levels within the reading are equally valid. Perhaps I would think some levels more important than equal. For hindsight is of no use, it would seem, except perhaps to note as experience for the readings one might do at a later date. This is my objection to 'Futures'. I am not saying that a truly credible glimpse into the future does not happen, or cannot happen- but what use is it? I did say some posts ago- what if one was to take this to the extreme- what if you did know your future? What of that spiritually and philosophically? I have found none, but none of my glimpses have been of any use at all, even though interesting in hindsight.
~Rosanne

furiana

In that blog-

I'm surprised that the Tower didn't show up.