The Bohemian Gothic Tarot - It's Here!

6 Haunted Days

baba-prague said:
By the way - for everyone - the printer wildly over-ran with the silver deck boxes, so for orders directly from us we will mostly be able to give away a spare deck box - albeit silver not standard - in the standard kit (normally cards in the standard kit are just cello wrapped). I know that that's a "so what?" for some people - but for others, it seems to be important to have a deck box. So, we do what we can! Even more confused now?

Oh that's great news! I'm one of those people with limited bags and love boxes with my kits. Thanks for sharing.

I was curious. I recieved my standard today and it had the Danse Macarbe in it and I noticed it didn't have silver on it. So all the decks you printed in the standard version have a DM card, but those aren't included in that edition. Did you have any plans on what you were going to do with that many extra DM cards?

Promise

Miss 6-I thought I was the only crazy person who smelled her decks!

I absolutely ADORE the card stock. So yummy! Flexible enough to be comfortable to shuffle, but sturdy enough not to have to worry about bending or warping the cards. It's good a very nice weight to it, and the card backs are ♥♥♥.

Favorite card? Six of Swords, no questions asked. It took my breath away the first time I was flipping through the cards, and it still takes my breath away. These cards are full of brilliant art, truly.

For those who still struggle with whether or not to order this deck, DO IT! NOW! It's completely readable if you'll let it be, and the imagery is just evocative. The cards scream at me, even more so than my beloved VR does, and that's really saying something.

baba-prague

6 Haunted Days said:
So all the decks you printed in the standard version have a DM card, but those aren't included in that edition. Did you have any plans on what you were going to do with that many extra DM cards?

I did think about decoupage. I am half serious.

Promise

I would make funky lampshades with them, but that's just because I am rather odd.

I've gotta go to class in a few minutes, but when I get home, I think I'm doing the New Deck Interview, and I may go ahead and do my COS for the week with this deck. I can't put it down! It's even going to class with me, tucked inside my favorite Tarot bag.

(No one tell my VR I thieved it's bag, please? It might get a little upset!)

baba-prague

Promise said:
I would make funky lampshades with them, but that's just because I am rather odd

The drawback might be the carbon layer in the cards - it makes them very opaque so no light would get through. I had fantasies of a Danse Macabre set of drawers - it would need to be quite big and old.

HearthCricket

baba-prague said:
The drawback might be the carbon layer in the cards - it makes them very opaque so no light would get through. I had fantasies of a Danse Macabre set of drawers - it would need to be quite big and old.

How about a Danse Macabre table? Some lovely old wood with the cards on top...a few Danse Macabre cards, then a favourite of the BG, then more DM cards, and so forth. Cover with glossy finish (or satin) and then a candle on top, for reading, or perhaps a pile of gothic lit? :) You could even try your hand at some bone and skull artwork around the edges or down the legs of the table!

Elly Magritte

I received mine today! I'd ordered the standard kit with a bag of the 7 of Cups. Wasn't at home today but my housemate answered the door - didn't need to sign for it though, and I'm glad it wasn't left on the doorstep, it's seriously raining hard at the moment.

First feeling... the cards feel wonderful, they smell wonderful, and the scans on the site don't do it justice - they look far better in hand. They seem just the right size for me too (I have particularly tiny hands). I look forward to having a splash with them and working through the book (on a quick scan it looks very interesting indeedy! :))

Didn't get the Danse Macabre card - however, I found a little something inside my 7 of Cups bag - The bag, which is also fantastic in feel and look, I was debating over this one and Strength - I'm glad I got the 7 of Cups :)

euphoria

is there a HUGE difference between the standard edition and the silver? I would like the silver, but that extra $20 is... ehh, well lets just say I am new to tarot and usually spent all my money on electronic stuff, and paying $50 for a deck of cards is not sitting well with me. i definitely want to get this deck, but having trouble deciding between the standard kit that comes with the book (how good is this book anyways?) and the silver edition without the book. GAH..... opinions please!

6 Haunted Days

euphoria said:
is there a HUGE difference between the standard edition and the silver? I would like the silver, but that extra $20 is... ehh, well lets just say I am new to tarot and usually spent all my money on electronic stuff, and paying $50 for a deck of cards is not sitting well with me. i definitely want to get this deck, but having trouble deciding between the standard kit that comes with the book (how good is this book anyways?) and the silver edition without the book. GAH..... opinions please!

Yep, I would say there's a huge difference. And it's unlike anything I've ever seen done with a deck before. Going to be a sought after classic for sure.