The Bohemian Gothic Tarot - It's Here!

morticia monroe

Mine will be a while yet. I ordered late. I hate when I do that to myself. :)

euphoria

I'm still trying to decide if I should buy this deck. I have spent way too much money the past 2 months on things I don't even really use. but this deck just calls to me.... how many editions of silver are left?? How good is the book that comes with it or the big one? I already have 3 Tarot books, how helpful is the companion book? Grrr... too many questions!

redflash

Goddamn it's been a loooong time since I was on here ! Lots of new names ! Not been able to afford any new decks for months, but I treated myself to this one & I am glad I did.

It arrived yesterday, the silver edition, & I am awestruck. I've never seen anything like it, it's stunning, the silver edition is definitely out-of-this-world, worth the extra cash.

Have only done a quick 3 card reading for myself with it & I have to admit I have never had such an accurate reading before. It shocked me & also spooked me a little to be honest.

The companion book is great, I normally skim through them but I'm savoring every word of this one.

I can't recommend this highly enough !

fferyllt

My BG silver arrived today. I really wondered if I should splurge on it, and now that it's here I'm glad I did. The silver really works on this deck. The regular BG is entirely satisfying, but the silver really enhances details and as others have said it gives a 3d effect. The effect is subtle but noticeable. It's like moonlight reflecting off surfaces, highlighting textures and giving that glow you only see by the light of the moon, with the associated shadows. Much of the bluish statuary and buildings in the regular deck are silvery in this one. It wouldn't work to just lighten the colors, it really takes the silver to get the effect. I don't have a VR gold to compare the effect to, but I can't imagine a more perfect combination for effect than the BG with the silver moonlight glow added to it. Lovely job, Karen and Alex.

No chance to read with it yet, but the few spreads I've done with the regular BG have been rich and layered with meaning on several levels. Really interesting and compelling to work with.

Disa

baba-prague said:
Now that it's published and we are caught up with orders, things are pretty much back to normal, which means shipping within a few days of the order arriving. The only hold-up is when there are custom bags to go out in the order - these take a week to ten days to make (shoulder bags can be up to two weeks, but usually aren't).

So you mentioned you are caught up on orders. Does that mean individual orders or places like Amazon and Overstock(which still show an availability date of Feb 28)?

Thx,

D

Anam Cara

euphoria said:
I'm still trying to decide if I should buy this deck. I have spent way too much money the past 2 months on things I don't even really use. but this deck just calls to me.... how many editions of silver are left?? How good is the book that comes with it or the big one? I already have 3 Tarot books, how helpful is the companion book? Grrr... too many questions!
Euphoria, I don't think you'll regret it if you decide to order the BGS...it's an absolutely fabulous deck! Truly like no other!
And if you decide it's not for you, I don't think you'd have ANY problem
finding another home for it....I think it has the potential to become one of the most collectible decks ever, once all of the limited edition copies are gone.
:heart:cara

baba-prague

Disa said:
So you mentioned you are caught up on orders. Does that mean individual orders or places like Amazon and Overstock(which still show an availability date of Feb 28)?

Thx,

D

I mean we have caught up with orders placed with us. Of course we can't control orders placed elsewhere, though usually these online places are pretty efficient once they have stocks in. We are currently shipping to the US/Canadian distributors and then it will be in the hands of the shipping company and our distributors - I would imagine the deck will begin to appear in bricks and mortar and online shops around March - knowing how long a shipment can take to clear customs etc.

Disa

Yep, that's what I wondered, if you had shipped to the distributors yet. Thanks, D

baba-prague

Oh sorry, I see what you mean. Yes, it's all in process now. The delay was just getting the sheer quantity packed to go - i.e. we had to wait for the packing company. In general we can always manage to pack a couple of hundred and get them on to our shop quickly, but packing large quantities for distribution adds a couple of weeks at least.

weaver

After weeks of hand wringing on my friend's behalf, the remainder of my pre-order arrived yesterday. In truth, my friend, whose half of the order came so late, seemed to be just fine about her deck's delivery being so delayed.

At any rate, her things have finally arrived. I am very relieved!

weaver