The Druid Craft and the Victoria Regina

WolfSpirit

DruidCraft is a deck that finally acknowledges people with big hands and big feet, no more of that fancy tiny stuff ;)

I am sorry to hear some people have blurry cards - mine are excellent, could not be much clearer, that is what makes the artwork stand out so well.

Dylan ~ I only trimmed off the white edges, I did it almost immediately when I got them 4 or 5 months ago, used the cards lots and the edges haven't frayed at all. I would not want to cut the "stone" border off, that fits the cards perfectly IMO.

inanna_tarot

Sulis said:
I have the first edition from the OBOD site (got it when it first came out)... The only thing wrong with mine is the guy on the 6 of Wands has a very small white mark on his brow (looks like a birthmark and doesn't bother me at all).

My 6 of wands has a little birthmark on his forehead too, only its a little green and red spot rather than a white mark. Glad to know my 6 of wands isnt the only one :p

Sezo
x

Tarot Galadriel

I have been wanting to trim my druidcraft for ages too, as I find it too big.

To those of you who have trimmed, what does the back look Like??

From what I can see the gold egde would still be there very slightly, and as some cards are not centered then this gold edge would be differently spaced on the backs when trimmed????

shadowdancer

I have actually got this deck on order, and wondered exactly how big the deck is bearing in mind the comments made to date.

Is it as big as the Mythic deck? (This is the biggest I have to date and just about shuffle them okay).

If anyone has the actual dimensions, or would be willing to measure them up, could they post the dimensions here?

it is going to be a while before mine arrive so would like to know before hand if possible what I will be finding in the post!

Thanks in advance

Davina.

Dylan

Card size = 140mm x 90mm

Well i have begun the trimming and they look great.
It just trims upto the gold border, depending on how neat you are at cutting, to how good the reverse will look.
The fronts, with the stone type border look really nice.

Sulis

Tarot Galadriel said:
To those of you who have trimmed, what does the back look Like??

From what I can see the gold egde would still be there very slightly, and as some cards are not centered then this gold edge would be differently spaced on the backs when trimmed????

As Dylan has said the trimmed backs have the gold line very near the edge. The little fleu de lys thingy in the corners sort of gets chopped in half by the corner cutters (which make all the difference I think) but it looks ok.

Most of my cards were off-centre but it seems the backs are too so trimming them centred them all up.

Go for it - you know you want to. (I've read your posts about this on the TABI forums :))

Love

Sulis xx

Tarot Galadriel

I think I might LOL. I already trimmed my Rohrig and love how it looks, so I know it makes the images stronger. I also have a corner cutter, so can get a good finish.
I was just worried about the gold being off centre on the backs, as it looks like the backs are centered but the fronts are not.

TallTarotGuy

Hmmm....second thoughts

Hi all,

After my above post, about the cards being blurry, I took them out again and looked at them last night under the clear, bright white light in my bedroom. I guess I have to take back my "blurry" comment; I think I would describe some of the images as being more mellow and muted, but none are blurry! I guess I didn't have the best of lighting on the day I first looked through them...

(mental note to self: turn on the lights!!)

TTG :)

Namaste

Annabelle4 said:
As for the Victoria Regina, I really do enjoy this deck, and I think the art is lovely. Sadly, I've never had any success in reading with it. For me the guns were not a big issue, but the watches (instead of pentacles or coins) really got me. A watch just doesn't evoke the same connections and images for me as pentacles or coins would. And those fountain pens!! I collect fountain pens, and suddenly being reminded of my vintage pens in the middle of tarot reading just isn't a good thing.

Funny that you mention this when I have just finished writing my thoughts on the transformation of the suits here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=39587

My first personal reading with this deck perplexed me. The second, lengthier one, was uncannily accurate. It told me what I didn't want to hear, but is probably true, none the less.

The VR is really growing on me.

The Druid Craft had two damaged cards (in spite of the fact that it was brand new) that are being kindly and quickly replaced, so I decided to wait for them before I start playing with the deck. It was a blow, but what can I say, printing errors to occur.

Namaste

Solty Dog said:
I got the Druidcraft the minute it became available...and after convincing my wife this was my "last" deck. I don't mind the big cards. For me they are easier to shuffle than smaller decks like the Hanson-Roberts. I really love the book they packaged with it. It puts a whole new spin on how to relate to the cards, for me anyways. The way it brings not only the Wheel of the Year into play, but the explinations of the court cards. Courts have always thrown me but, after reading through it I finally realized that I am the Knight of Swords.

I think I've said this before, but I love big cards. They are so filled with detail and images. The Knight of Swords, hmmm... . What you say, Solty Dog, heartens me because of all the cards, I've always found the courts the most challenging. I think it may be because of their dual role/purpose...