The International Icon and Me

Kissa

elf: no your wegmueller decks are NOT in that sealed pandora box, they are in their own little box waiting for salmiakki to join them and cash to send them LOL. i had to send things in order the trades were worked out, yours is next :)

why not call our group the "Self-Chosen and Well-Accepted Temporary Tarot Deck Monogamy for Whatever the Reason" group? :D

hmmmm... stick to professional reading, elf, don't you go humiliating yourself in the American Idols competition, girl... ;)

kissa

Satori

How about:

Tarot Deck Addicts Support Group

Cold Turkey...Um Tarot...Anonymous

Tarot Polygamists Commitment Seminar

Two Decks for Six Months: Marseilles and...?

Can You Use Just One?

Jewel-ry

elf said:
J, you want to do it.
So do it.
You'll be better for it...;)
And we get the pleasure of your company...

elf skips away singing....

"Come on over to the
single deck side.
Come on over to the greatest team.
Come on over to the single deck siiiiiiide (you get to keep out a Marseille type don't forget)
Come on over to the single deck side!!!!!"

Ok this is fine, I am up for at least the 78 day commitment but which deck then? I have been thinking of this all day. How to decide which deck to use and what to do with the Fairytale and Harmonious when they arrive? That is the biggest problem. Put them away for a New Year surprise...what? What do you think? I hate the traditional RWS, can't stand it but do like decks which are quirky off takes e.g. Intl Icon. Been looking at Sakki-Sakki all day and wondering if that could do it. I can quite easily keep an unilllustrated one...one of the Soprafino decks probably. Once I make the decision I can put the others away...I know I can...I think...probably...maybe...yes, I can...mmmm

Kissa

sure you can!

as a reward, i'll send you the margarete petersen you were eyeing... :)

kissa

bleuivy

We could call ourselves...the One Deck Wonders.

Alright, so technically it's two decks, an unillustrated and another one, but who's counting? :D

Meanwhile, I've just asked a bunch of my decks which would be good for this project. The best responses were from the Hanson-Roberts, the Universal Waite, and the Golden, which I was not expecting at all. The Thoth seemed to be saying that it would be good for this sort of project, but not yet.

Hmmm...I can see myself really enjoying working with the Golden and a Marseilles-style deck for 6 months. :)

Jewel-ry

bleuivy,

I have been eyeing up the Golden too in the last half an hour or so. I have begun to pack away all those which are definate no-no's. Could still do with some help choosing a deck though! Anyone got any advice? Finding it really hard.

What about books? Is it a good idea to pack them up too?

Jewel-ry

elf said:
How about:

Tarot Deck Addicts Support Group

Cold Turkey...Um Tarot...Anonymous

Tarot Polygamists Commitment Seminar

Two Decks for Six Months: Marseilles and...?

Can You Use Just One?

I like the Cold Turkey one or even the Tarot Polygamists commitment Seminar...sounds cool

Oh and yes Kissa, you can save that Petersen for me!!!

:)

bleuivy

Hi, Jewel-ry,

I know what you mean. I'm finding choosing a deck quite hard as well.

I think the Golden might work quite well for this.

I am not starting my year of study until Halloween, so I have a bit more time to think about this. Here's what I've done so far...

I organized my decks into definate "No's," and "Maybe's." Then, I drew 3 cards from each of the maybe decks, and just saw what message I got from them. It was quite surprising. For example, from the Gilded, I got two 10's and a page, which I took to mean I had gone as far as I could with the deck so far, so it has gone into the "No" pile. With the Golden and the Hanson-Roberts, I pulled the Hermit, which really speaks to me about self-motivated study.

I must say, I'm quite enjoying considering all of my decks for this study. It is making me look at all of my decks with new eyes. I think once my 6 months to a year is overwith, I'm going to sell or trade all of the decks that I didn't actively miss.

bleuivy

Forgot to mention - I'm not packing away my books. I'm using this time for study, so I'm keeping the books out to be study aids. I might pack them away at the 3 month mark or so, though, if I think they're starting to hinder rather than help.

Satori

I admit, I do like the One Deck Wonders! Too Cute.

Jewel-ry, I knew you were with us!!!

I asked the II what you should choose and got the Knight of Swords....so, there may be another person we could discuss this with.

What happened with me was that I just couldn't choose from what I had.
I asked Umbrae, how about ...xyz deck....and he'd say "no too blah". Finally I said what about the II, knowing I didn't even have it, and he said, "Yes!"

And the rest you know.

Now that I"ve worked with this deck and know it is just the two of us for the time being, I can't imagine any other deck. I don't have the Golden, but have seen the scans and have always loved it.

I actually think the Victoria Regina would have been a good second choice for me, even tho I know nothing of her reign. But the deck is surprisingly interesting to read with. Strange things happen with that deck in hand, strange meanings present themselves. But, I'm using the II and not thinking about any other decks, except of course baba's next two releases!

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "Ask Umbrae".
He's the reason I got started with this, and he knows the exercise and the decks pretty well. Is he the Knight? Or perhaps lark, our other mentor along the path to one deck wonder....?