The Lovers as feelings toward someone??

Rhinestones

The bottom line is, they have sex in the end.

Well all relationships eventually end in sex.
Unless there was a purity bond between them.
The sex between us wasn't bad though. He wasn't the type to bring it up.

novenovembre

No, no, it's definitely platonic love. Were you looking at an Angel while he was staring at you ? Say yes, or LRichard will be very upset.

novenovembre

Well all relationships eventually end in sex.

ARE YOU CRAZY ????? HAVE YOU READ THE POSTS ON THIS THREAD ?????
Apparently I'm the only sex maniac here who believes that....there's 2 of us now.

Rhinestones

ARE YOU CRAZY ????? HAVE YOU READ THE POSTS ON THIS FORUM ?????
Apparently I'm the only sex maniac here who believes that....there's 2 of us now.

I mean most of the times they do. So he sees me as solely a sex object?

novenovembre

I mean most of the times they do. So he sees me as solely a sex object?
No, I didn't say that. The idea of the lovers to me includes both-sexual attraction and feelings. If he saw you as a sex object, you would get the Devil. That's my way of reading, anyway.

Rhinestones

No, I didn't say that. The idea of the lovers to me includes both-sexual attraction and feelings. If he saw you as a sex object, you would get the Devil. That's my way of reading, anyway.

I was going to say that.
Are there any other meanings behind the lovers as feelings toward me? Or could sexual attraction AND feelings be the key to my puzzle?

novenovembre

I was going to say that.
Are there any other meanings behind the lovers as feelings toward me? Or could sexual attraction AND feelings be the key to my puzzle?

Jesus, I realize you're only 22 years old, but what more do you want ?....Honestly.....

novenovembre

Ps

And when you finally have sex with him, Rhinestones, remind me to stick my tongue out in the direction of LRichard....

novenovembre

Spiritually, Adam was not very bright.

So, in Rhinestons' case, as her question was " HIS fellings towards me...." Can we assume that, Adam not being very spiritually elevated, at leas HE was thinking about sex while looking at her ?

Chiriku

Well, Chiriku, LRichard, and everybody else....it's a really interesting debate, but for me, that interpretation of the Lovers that I use never failed, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree......

Agreeing to disagree is what I do best. I wish you continued joy of this interpretation of The Lovers and the no doubt very helpful readings you do using it.

Helpful card-reading, I find, is much more about internal consistency than consistency with external schools or camps. You could theoretically create your own card system and make up your own roster of meanings and as long as you apply them consistently, intuitively and with emotional intelligence, you will likely find yourself giving very helpful and spot-on readings.

The Lovers (Trump 6, Gemini) is an evolution of the older Lover (singular) or Marriage card, which culturally had little to do with the concept of romantic love (which was popularized by the troubadours). Even ideal troubadourian romantic love was rather chaste, but the groin area of the anatomy would sometimes assert its seemingly irresistible magic (as was the case with Lancelot and Guinevere) and could cause no end of trouble for all concerned. (In this connection, John Boorman's 1981 masterpiece Excalibur is a must-see film, IMHO.)

A masterpiece indeed. And the post-Malory Arthurian framework is such a salient example of of the eternal pleasures and follies of "Cupid's Arrow." They can keep writing novels and making movies about medieval/ post-Malory Lancelot and Guinevere until the cows come home and the lessons will still be as potent and needed in our society.

(Of course, Boorman's version of the tale also contains the cautionary tale of making important decisions based on The Devil and in an ill-dignified Wands fashion--i.e. Uther's pursuit of Ygraine.)

The "love" card is the Two of Cups (Venus in Cancer).

This is one of the Minors I see as much more akin to the interpretations some readers assign The Lovers. Granted, as a 2, there are inevitably numerological associations of duality, twinning, "choice," etc. as well, and granted, I have also observed the "contractual" factor of this card in questions unrelated to romance---but like all cards, a range of meanings are available to us to pick up on within the context of a specific reading.

Well, for me, the Wands are about passion, impulse, spontaneity, drive, seizing the moment, kind of thing. All of these are naturally conducive to, "attuned with," sex and sexuality. Since all the Wand Courts naturally embody the essence of their suit, it stands to reason that all of them possess a natural sexual quality to some degree or another. The rank of the Court will determine how that spark expresses itself. The Page is curious, open and eager to explore. Very much represents how two people in the early stages of a sexual relationship are eager to find out what turns the other on. The Knight is go-go-go, wham-bam, thank you wow, let's do it again, this time UNDER the table! The Queen is almost mystical in her sexual approach, she is so in tune and comfortable with her entire sexual self. The King is the mature Alpha male, the one who is aware of his sexual magnetism but doesn't use it to charm, manipulate or control.

When immature and ill-aspected, all of the Wand Courts are, in my opinion, the most susceptible to cheating. Not because they're mean, selfish, immoral and just want to bang whoever and whatever, but because when they find themselves intensely attracted to someone, their brains stop functioning. They just don't stop to look before they leap. They get carried away by the intensity of the moment. The Knight especially is prone to such "Oops, why the hell did I do that?" type of moments, but is not the only Wand Court who can be potentially promiscuous.

This is all just my toonie's worth, of course. :)

Great thoughts; I have similar views of the Wands, myself.